Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirating as a primary source of income?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
My Hogosha demands 1/10 of the cargo his target holds.. So, yes. I trade on the side when the miners are hiding.
I've used piracy as a main source of income before.

If you charge 500k to 2 million, you can make money pretty quickly. If you charge less and remain polite, many traders will literally go out of their way to pay you, especially if you promise to give them protection from other pirates. When I pirate I usually do it for RP purposes, but for awhile I used it as a main source of income when I realized I had made 70 million credits in 2 days.

It's a careful balance. If you want your piracy career to be meaningful and rewarding then you'll need to give the traders incentive to feed the fire. If you fire at traders randomly with a boring "Halt or die" then you'll find that most will avoid you like plague. Honestly, if a player is doing OOC things (like ignoring tradelanes) to avoid you, then you're probably being a jerk and should reconsider your strategies.

It also helps if you do a Non Aggression Pact. Ask the trader to pay you 15 million to leave him alone for 7 days. That works out well sometimes, so long as you promise to protect them from other pirates in your zone of influence.
*loooks in mirror* hmm 25 years and happily married.... must be something wrong
[/quote]

This was meant as ingame RP, No one cares about anyones personal life. So smug it up, you totally missed the context.
I typically charge between half a million and two million. I can't make a profit, so I do it for fun and powersmuggle to supply myself with ammo.
' Wrote:*loooks in mirror* hmm 25 years and happily married.... must be something wrong
This was meant as ingame RP, No one cares about anyones personal life. So smug it up, you totally missed the context.

What point, you talking about the over generalization of the hacker players?
' Wrote:What point, you talking about the over generalization of the hacker players?

He is one angry dude.. Terrible world :(

Heh LH~ the rule should make it really fun. Never treid yet, but perhaps someday I will
I've made a main income from piracy before. Was quite successful, = 30mil in one weekend. It's just a lot slower than trading.
It's not really possible. Best I've done is 100 mil in a day, but the second best after that would be 30 mil. And if you put as much time into trading/mining as we did into pirating that day you'd have made x3 as much.
I think that on average night now, looking at penn numbers.. three pirate transports could make about 9k gold every 15minutes. Killah
Where are all these traders that just give you the money? Every trader I have ever seen in the last week or so has rather fought or called for navy or LPI than pay 1 million credits.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5