Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Invent that Gas!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hydrogen cant form rocks. and TBH, Hfuel cant just be Mined. it has to be mixed, compressed, and bottled. a stationary miner seems the best way to do such. At any rate, there might need to be more gas types anyway
Since when do we care about gasses forming rocks or not in space? It's a gameplay convention.
There's a Helium cloud in Pennsylvania that would like a word...

edit: and yes, anything can form rocks. It depends on what state it is in when it enters/forms in the vacuum.
The core of Jupiter is said to potentially be metallic (!!) hydrogen.
Okaym ya got me, but that takes a ****load of pressure. so long as the GMG get something, its okay.
I think if the system wants to benefit the GMG the most, it can't be H-Fuel related. Why? Because then Hokkaido would also need to be added and balanced. If the gas was only easily accessible in the Sigmas, it changes the balance.
' Wrote:Since when do we care about gasses forming rocks or not in space? It's a gameplay convention.
There's a Helium cloud in Pennsylvania that would like a word...

edit: and yes, anything can form rocks. It depends on what state it is in when it enters/forms in the vacuum.
The core of Jupiter is said to potentially be metallic (!!) hydrogen.

You don't seem to see the point. I've been playing Freelancer since 1 week after it's release as have many others. I've been on servers since Microsoft hosted it. Turning the primary GMG clouds into rock fields will have an enormous impact on game play in the field let alone the atmosphere and setting of the place. Localized mini fields located near the stationary miners as a cheat to symbolizing H-fuel extraction is a good idea by Friday bu the economy's buy and sell locations do not exactly make this viable. Making so one component of H-fuel being available for mining is a BIG no no. We deal in the full H-fuel product, not any individual component. Our mining platforms take it alll in and synthesizes it on the spot, each one of them. To come up with a setup where for some reason GMG begins filtering out each component individually from what there miner gater is absurd and a waste of extra expences for that process. We suck it all in and make the fuel on the very spot with only minor additions of Deuterium to balance out the mixing process. What we don't have with easy naturally occuring Deuterium. Deuterium is exceptionally common in all the universe and is easily made through fusion of hydrogen which is an exceedingly common technology, it's hard water something we have at the bottom of our oceans and will be found on any water planet and through any material ejected from dying stars (the matter of dying stars is what makes up all matter in our universe if you take away the theoretical dark matter that FL doesn't use). The addition or switch to a gas in Beta is feasible, however, and will prove a suitable substitute. I would also like to take this time to note that Gas Miner's Guild is a misnomer that is even admitted by the GMG NPCs. GMG is interested in any market that they can gain a firm grasp on. This includes our Plutonium, it included our old deals with artifacts, can be seen with NPCs desire to develop Beta that has only AO's and it can be seen by the Guilds desire to find another fishing planet so that their roots (fishermen originally from Honshu) can be reinstated.
CORN GAS!:nyam:
Quote:it's hard water something we have at the bottom of our oceans
No, not at the bottom.
' Wrote:I think if the system wants to benefit the GMG the most, it can't be H-Fuel related. Why? Because then Hokkaido would also need to be added and balanced. If the gas was only easily accessible in the Sigmas, it changes the balance.

It is VERY important to me to get both the science and the economics of this correct.

In principle - it wouldnt be a bad thing if H-Fuel IS available in Hokkaido.

What needs to be taken into account is the FREQUENCY of loot drops.
This can be managed by mining bonuses, and also by the number of available mining locations. Remember I am proposing small areas around the miners - not large areas that will make for a free-for-all.

Now, in terms of whether one shoots little rocks floating around the gas miners.
I only suggested this as a way of 'fudging' the transfer of H-Fuel from a Gas Miner (which does most of the work).

You could also develop a system that is FLHook based - just type a command when you are in range of a Gas Miner and your ship can start filling up with fuel.
You could use all the normal mining bonuses.
You could also make some areas more efficient than others.
For example - Sigma-19 and Okinawa might be more productive than Sigma-13 and Hokkaido.
But that would take a little more work, its another approach to think about.
Quote: In principle - it wouldnt be a bad thing if H-Fuel IS available in Hokkaido.

I was just thinking it would be a lot easier to develop the payouts and trade routes and such if it was coming from a single small region.

Well, that and I like the idea that the GMG, etc, are doing great collecting H-Fuel the way it is now. But a new, sudden boom in a substance they realize they can process from the clouds would be a logical way to add something new. Is there a particular isotope that could be more abundant in clouds of that sort than in general? Because perhaps it is related to a new engine development, and there's a boom in purchasing said isotope to use in these new engines.
' Wrote:You don't seem to see the point. I've been playing Freelancer since 1 week after it's release as have many others. I've been on servers since Microsoft hosted it. Turning the primary GMG clouds into rock fields will have an enormous impact on game play in the field let alone the atmosphere and setting of the place. Localized mini fields located near the stationary miners as a cheat to symbolizing H-fuel extraction is a good idea by Friday bu the economy's buy and sell locations do not exactly make this viable. Making so one component of H-fuel being available for mining is a BIG no no. We deal in the full H-fuel product, not any individual component. Our mining platforms take it alll in and synthesizes it on the spot, each one of them. To come up with a setup where for some reason GMG begins filtering out each component individually from what there miner gater is absurd and a waste of extra expences for that process. We suck it all in and make the fuel on the very spot with only minor additions of Deuterium to balance out the mixing process. What we don't have with easy naturally occuring Deuterium. Deuterium is exceptionally common in all the universe and is easily made through fusion of hydrogen which is an exceedingly common technology, it's hard water something we have at the bottom of our oceans and will be found on any water planet and through any material ejected from dying stars (the matter of dying stars is what makes up all matter in our universe if you take away the theoretical dark matter that FL doesn't use). The addition or switch to a gas in Beta is feasible, however, and will prove a suitable substitute. I would also like to take this time to note that Gas Miner's Guild is a misnomer that is even admitted by the GMG NPCs. GMG is interested in any market that they can gain a firm grasp on. This includes our Plutonium, it included our old deals with artifacts, can be seen with NPCs desire to develop Beta that has only AO's and it can be seen by the Guilds desire to find another fishing planet so that their roots (fishermen originally from Honshu) can be reinstated.

Out of ALL that.

' Wrote:No, not at the bottom.

this was all you can latch on to?

But.... I am absolutely happy that you read it. I love balance.

And Friday, what about Beta? Heck of a lot of research and story writing to stir things towards seizing that system and commercializing it. Just story on the Ayakashi and it's sisters alone took many edits and continuous rechecking to ensure dates and lore were consistant with FL lore while expanding upon it.

I'm looking at the best plausible fiiting route while still keeping loyal to the ideal that GMG has not only recuperated from it's war but is also triggered into an opportune growth stage thanks to everyone else being at war and needing GMG commodities ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9