Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Invent that Gas!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Well lotsa of the ingame lore mentoon that the Zoners are one of the top deuterium suppliers.

So prehaps add some deut fields to mine raw deut in, and give zoners a bonus.

Prehaps give the whale a single slot for a mining turret, or give the zoners some custom borderworlds miner.

have the route go to a GMG base, of course. Theyre both allies and the logical sell point.
I am not against what Ktayn or Prowler are saying. In fact I shall offer a proposal for such a thing very shortly.

I just want to first re-establish our core line of business in H-Fuel.
H-Fuel got left behind since 4.85, so much so we should be calling ourselves the PMG (Plutonium Miners Guild!).

I believe it is possible to establish the necessary economic bonuses/handicaps for H-Fuel mining in both the Sigmas AND Hokkaido.
It is as simple as including an extra factor in the equation, namely what system you are in.

Sigma-13 is being depleted, Hokkaido isnt up to the same level of efficiency and output. Sigma-19 and Okinawa are expanding operations.

So it wouldnt matter if Hokkaido is closer to, say, the Kusari Front Lines where H-Fuel would be in demand - if it takes you longer to collect your goods then the time vs. profit ratio is balanced.
With small zones around each gas miner - miners could end up competing for space - jostling for the best miners closest to a tradelane or jump hole. For certain whoever owns the miners would be shooing away poachers!
Using FLExplorer I came up with some numbers of gas miners:

Sigma-19 = 16
Sigma-13 = 11 (could start cutting down on the numbers as the fuel is running out).
Okinawa = 4 (could start increasing the numbers as production picks up).
Hokkaido = 3

Limiting 'mining' space could be another means of balancing the system.

Now, as for the idea of additional commodities. I would like to propose the following gas for the Doryu Cloud:

XENON

1) Isotopes can be radioactive - accounting for the radiation in the Doryu Cloud.
2) It can form solid compounds - thus making for little rocks to mine.
3) It has applications for Ion Engines (ie: all our Impulse Engines), lasers, scientific instruments, nuclear reactors and more!
Ok dont laugh but I have a good gas that will be interesting to mine.

Anti Hydrogen.

Basically a Negatively charged nucleus being orbitted by Positron. (aka anti electron).

As it is theorized that it can be found around blackhole.
Allow people to mine it around omega 41 Neutron star.

Lets say GM developed a technology to hold the stuff in a container. Let them haul the goods up north and sell it for huge profit..about 4500 per unit.

The catch is, the stuff deteriorates like alien organisms and can only by found within the radiation belt of the neutron star.

Let the rp begin.
Heheh, Friday knows how to quiet me up with my reading OCD. Fed me the wikipedia article on Xenon now I am deep into compounds like Halicide, Oxide, Oxohalicides, Calthrates and Excimers as well as applications like gas discharge pumps, lasers, anesthesias and medical imaging. Great reading. I'll look around on Anti-Hydrogen soon or the concept of negatively charged nucleii, where on the periodic table such a phenomenon can be found and it properties.
' Wrote:Ok dont laugh but I have a good gas that will be interesting to mine.

Anti Hydrogen.

Basically a Negatively charged nucleus being orbitted by Positron. (aka anti electron).

As it is theorized that it can be found around blackhole.
Allow people to mine it around omega 41 Neutron star.

Lets say GM developed a technology to hold the stuff in a container. Let them haul the goods up north and sell it for huge profit..about 4500 per unit.

The catch is, the stuff deteriorates like alien organisms and can only by found within the radiation belt of the neutron star.

Let the rp begin.

There is an actual Black Hole in one of the OC Guard systems is there not?
I very much like the idea - but not for the GMG.

Yes there is o-41. There is also a possible site in the GC Guard system.

Let us have it for Researchers to collect - if they dare!

You wont find anti-matter on the periodic table! (But Anti-Hydrogen occupies Atomic Number 1 on the Anti-Periodic Table, or should it be the Elbat Cidoirep?)
' Wrote:( or should it be the Elbat Cidoirep?)

LOL.

I hear you. The RP and story continuity (not to mention the unique atmosphere (har har) of the Sigmas, etc.) are real important factors.
Thing is, can we come up with another (non-rock-mining) way to get a gas commodity for the GMG?
We (especially me, admitted) have a bad habit of coming up with all these cockamamie ideas about what flhook can do or what the devs can come up with... I just don't want to keep going on about ideas that are infeasible. Granted, creativity is great and is a huge reason I play. Let's just not get stuck in the mud about story and RP when we can expand/freshen up the game with changes we know are possible.
Don't count on me reading seven pages of suggestions, but...

Chlorine?

Everyone needs chlorine. And it kills people, so everyone wanting some weapon is happy as well.

-Edit- And it's a blue-green, last I checked. Perfect for the Sigma's.
Technically, you do need something to build those positron shields out of.
' Wrote:Heheh, Friday knows how to quiet me up with my reading OCD. Fed me the wikipedia article on Xenon now I am deep into compounds like Halicide, Oxide, Oxohalicides, Calthrates and Excimers as well as applications like gas discharge pumps, lasers, anesthesias and medical imaging. Great reading. I'll look around on Anti-Hydrogen soon or the concept of negatively charged nucleii, where on the periodic table such a phenomenon can be found and it properties.

The phenomenon exists, it will not be on a periodic table primarily because it is antimatter (did some one say SNAC ?). Article on this may be found here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antihydrogen

I read a paper about a year ago that disvussed the possibility of antimatter being created at event horizon of the blackholes due to extreme gravitational forces. These particle probably act more like the fizz on a pop. Being created and consumed in an instant.

P.S I know there is another black hole in phantom neighborhood and some where outthere in OC space as well.
These all are very bad places for most miners....so give them a good reward for mining this shiz.

We can RP the product is combined with hydrogen with MOX being used as a catalyst to cause a matter antimatter reaction. used to power caps and as a primer for nova torps and snac.

PEACE.
' Wrote:Don't count on me reading seven pages of suggestions, but...

Chlorine?

Everyone needs chlorine. And it kills people, so everyone wanting some weapon is happy as well.

-Edit- And it's a blue-green, last I checked. Perfect for the Sigma's.

Chlorine one can get in ample quantity from common table salt...

Xenon, a little more exotic (and can be radioactive as well).

Is it possoble to get a mod to split off the posts about anti-hydrogen?

They arent really relevant to this topic - but would make an excellent topic of themselves.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9