Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Story characters from Freelancer story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Simple question folks, should players pick up where the Freelancer Vanilla story left off with the characters in Discovery?

Like with Trent, Orillian, King and Juni and all the others?

Your opinion?
Well, seeing as you control Trent, and I'm soon to pick up Juni, all I can say is that if you fly them WELL, and do not attempt to POWERPLAY, it's alright.

As long as you are trustworthy, you should not be hindered.

Quick Edit: Although, I'm afraid that we're going to see an explosion in Storyline clones. When you have three or four Kings flying around NY, it becomes an issue.
Didn't we already have this thread a year ago?:P

Anyway, the reason why I would say "meh" is because inevitably there will be two people wanting to RP as Trent, and then what? Better off being creative about it, and more room for story twists too...
I know there is already one Juni flying..

Make this like competition , let everyone who wants to RP one of them sign up. Then they all write short summary of things they had in mind and we vote for one that we like.

Juni I : Vote
Juni II : Vote
Juni III : Vote

Something like that .. then those guys who won vote start their RP as one of those chars.

Or just let them die and never mention any of them again...
I have included Herr Von Claussen in my story, which is yet to be finished:P
I might even fly him in-game, although his RP is pretty tough (Bundschuh, Order, RM, his awesome accent)
No, nobody is entitled to.
Sure you can but...

[color=#CC0000]SPOILER ALERT

Orillion died. Its on rumors at the very end of the vanilla campaign (I think it might even still be on planet toledo, if you look in the bar)

There is also the wreck of the Osiris in Omicron 100, toward the edge of the field.
' Wrote:Orillion died. Its on rumors at the very end of the vanilla campaign (I think it might even still be on planet toledo, if you look in the bar)
News reports declare he died.. Of course they did. They don't want everyone to know what actually happened.

But in reality, he's still very much alive.
[Image: trent.jpg]

Trents dead, folks.
' Wrote:I know there is already one Juni flying..

Make this like competition , let everyone who wants to RP one of them sign up. Then they all write short summary of things they had in mind and we vote for one that we like.
Juni I : Vote
Juni II : Vote
Juni III : Vote

Something like that .. then those guys who won vote start their RP as one of those chars.
Or just let them die and never mention any of them again...

/signed

I am prepared to give people a go - but they should be able to demonstrate they can make a reasonable effort to emulate the character.

And I think it should be Admin-given SRP.

So far Fletcher I dont have any real complaints. if it continues to be believable, and above all entertaining for others, then it should continue.
Pages: 1 2 3