Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Feedback for the SMP|
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So this is my idea about a mercenary faction. Check this and then, come here and give constructive feedback, please.
//bump
Quote:SMP called most of their pilots back and reequiped them with sirian war equipment provided by IMG.

I bet you got some RP behind that. I would gladly gave you access to Agama's 'cos they would fit perfectly to you faction RP... but rules are rules. So think about Tarvos.

Quote:SMP vs PMF
Stick to one tag in my humble opinion original (French version) suits well.

Mercs are being used in all conflicts so I bet you will find decent job. As soon as you will not be too greedy and will never pick a side. Fight for all who pays.
Your ZOI is well chosen Taus are war zone as same as Gallia.

As a merc's you should have a bit wider range of ships (that is the way of solider of fortune he use what he likes) and weapons. I think that is prefect way for good RP in forum find new weapons suppliers, small shipyards that will build custom fighters for you.
Looks neat. Sounds like a perfect thing to do with Gallic equipment, though- your roots are there, it's likely your pilots know the hardware too. Not like the Sunbeam is a bad ship or anything... and the Agama certainly isn't. IMG ships + Gallic civvy + perhaps Council (as the LC just told you they'd be okay with that) would be an interesting blend.

Here's the issue, though.

There's a lot of sides in the Taus. Council's hand was forced into allying with the CR and IMG against the Outcasts by lore. But the main activity of the lower Taus and Leeds is KNF + supporters vs BAF + supporters. Are you going to take a side with that, as you lack the diplomatic concerns of Council? If you do, I'd suggest the KNF side- as that would put you on the other side of the fence as the Mandalorians and keep you from competing with them for contracts (a competition you aren't likely to win). Going KNF + CR vs OC, BAF would even out the mercenary angle of the conflict, although I'm not sure how likely either the KNF or the CR are to be willing to hire mercenaries- one's a proud house that's winning and the other is mostly military already. Taking a contract with the LC, CR, or IMG to hedge out Outcasts may help your reputation with the locals, especially if you end up fighting alongside the KNF.

I'll get to proofreading it within the next few days, dun worry.
' Wrote:I bet you got some RP behind that. I would gladly gave you access to Agama's 'cos they would fit perfectly to you faction RP... but rules are rules. So think about Tarvos.

Like I said before, the deals with the IMG will go on this forum but for now I just want to see if the faction idea is OK. The Tarvos will only trade in Gallia (I added a ranks description and there I explain what's with the Tarvos).

' Wrote:Stick to one tag in my humble opinion original (French version) suits well.
Yes, I decided that SMP fits better.

' Wrote:Mercs are being used in all conflicts so I bet you will find decent job. As soon as you will not be too greedy and will never pick a side. Fight for all who pays.
Your ZOI is well chosen Taus are war zone as same as Gallia.
As a merc's you should have a bit wider range of ships (that is the way of solider of fortune he use what he likes) and weapons. I think that is prefect way for good RP in forum find new weapons suppliers, small shipyards that will build custom fighters for you.
We will pick a side. We're looking for long term contracts. And about the ships, I hope that in 4.86 we will be able to use Council ships and weapons outside of Gallia. And no, I'm not adding any civilian line. I think that the IMG as an equipment dealer is a very good RP.

' Wrote:Looks neat. Sounds like a perfect thing to do with Gallic equipment, though- your roots are there, it's likely your pilots know the hardware too. Not like the Sunbeam is a bad ship or anything... and the Agama certainly isn't. IMG ships + Gallic civvy + perhaps Council (as the LC just told you they'd be okay with that) would be an interesting blend.

Here's the issue, though.

There's a lot of sides in the Taus. Council's hand was forced into allying with the CR and IMG against the Outcasts by lore. But the main activity of the lower Taus and Leeds is KNF + supporters vs BAF + supporters. Are you going to take a side with that, as you lack the diplomatic concerns of Council? If you do, I'd suggest the KNF side- as that would put you on the other side of the fence as the Mandalorians and keep you from competing with them for contracts (a competition you aren't likely to win). Going KNF + CR vs OC, BAF would even out the mercenary angle of the conflict, although I'm not sure how likely either the KNF or the CR are to be willing to hire mercenaries- one's a proud house that's winning and the other is mostly military already. Taking a contract with the LC, CR, or IMG to hedge out Outcasts may help your reputation with the locals, especially if you end up fighting alongside the KNF.

I'll get to proofreading it within the next few days, dun worry.

We're open for business to whoever wants to hire us, but like you said, I doubt that KNF will ever hire mercs. As for the CR, they surely need help against the Outcasts but we will see if they want a contract with us.

And 10x. Activate your grammar nazi senses.:P
//bump... So I understand that this faction idea is perfect... OSSIM!
Yup It's good;)
Another update on the ranks
Well, first off, I'll mirror some other folks' reservations about ship avalibility.

At least until the Gallic restrictions are in place. Until then, you could permit some other (civilian) ships as well.

Next, this:
1. Never take jobs given by Sirians against ANY gallic people;
5. Aid Le Conseil in any situation

Does this mean that you can still take jobs from Council against other Gallians? And isn't this basically a heavily Council alligned faction?

And... 7. Ask for forgiveness from divinity after every fight.

Uhm... Haven't heard that LC are an especially religious faction... Well, I guess I'll have to read their story again... Well, another time.

Just this for now.
' Wrote:Well, first off, I'll mirror some other folks' reservations about ship avalibility.

At least until the Gallic restrictions are in place. Until then, you could permit some other (civilian) ships as well.

No civilian ships. We have an equipment provider. We don't need more ships.

' Wrote:Next, this:
1. Never take jobs given by Sirians against ANY gallic people;
5. Aid Le Conseil in any situation

Does this mean that you can still take jobs from Council against other Gallians? And isn't this basically a heavily Council alligned faction?
Well, we are kinda Council... our roots are with them. We help the council against ANY faction (except IMG because they give us their weapons and ships)

' Wrote:And... 7. Ask for forgiveness from divinity after every fight.

Uhm... Haven't heard that LC are an especially religious faction... Well, I guess I'll have to read their story again... Well, another time.

Just this for now.

The normal Council are not that religious. This rule applies only to SMP pilots.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5