Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.86 Storyline: Tau Conquest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
' Wrote:Oh my god.

Blunt and Zelot. Fighting side by side.

I... I don't know what to say.

That would require Blunty actually getting in game.

' Wrote:That would require Blunty actually getting in game.
How do you know I'm not?

:P

Joking aside, I'm trying to get in game more often soon, but there are some, ahem, logistical problems. Such as not having internet. Or a phone line.

Aside from that, robbing the French, shooting the French, making fun of what the French eat/wear/say/surrender to should be a barrel of laughs for all involved.

It'll also serve to make Gallia less cut off, player-wise, so those X/200 players that you will never ever see because you're in Leeds won't seem like they're filling up the server without shooting your transport full of goodies.

I'm also very tempted to make a Gallia character named Jean Luc Picard, because A) He's French and B) Apparently the Gauls are picking fights with Zoner Klingons.

Also C) Sir Patrick Stewart is the man. He sings, dances and Shakespeares in Space.
Lovely, crazed frenchies are gonna be shooting my Cartel character along with the other thousand people.:PWell looks like Gallic shipping is gonna be targeted alot by my Cartel. ;)I'll see you GRN folks in space once you come to T-23, we'll teach ya why you don't mess with criminals who have nothing to lose.;)
I have a funny feeling 40% of the time the Dev team spent on the mod was put into that neat loading screen there.

*Coughs*

I kid. Looks nice though, but I'm hoping you leave the reaction of Sirius at large to the faction leaders and not your script. This is RP, not your puppet show ... right?

Just my hopes is all.
' Wrote:I have a funny feeling 40% of the time the Dev team spent on the mod was put into that neat loading screen there.

You try herding bobcats through crocodile-infested waters, see how much you accomplish:P

Quote:I kid. Looks nice though, but I'm hoping you leave the reaction of Sirius at large to the faction leaders and not your script. This is RP, not your puppet show ... right?

We've brought in a myriad of people for consultation. We've also had some significant discussions about who would support who and why. Technically speaking you are our puppet theatre, but happy puppets are more entertaining:P
My only response is a mixture of Lawl, QQ'ing and D'awww. I'll just leave it at that.

:D
Role Play is not being unique, or having an effect on things. It's playing the role you are given, or chose to take on. I think many people miss that. Each role have positives and negatives, if you leave it up to the players, the most popular factions will be uber, and we will have Xeno's in control of Liberty, and the Bretonian would be the strongest house in Sirius by far.
' Wrote:Role Play is not being unique, or having an effect on things. It's playing the role you are given, or chose to take on. I think many people miss that.

I get the impression that perhaps you missed that too. Or are you trying to say that you didnt do any lobbying behind the scenes?

I think it is better if people declare their biases upfront. Here is mine - I am Dragon Leader, my role is that of the Taishogun. My purpose is to reinstate the line of the Hideyoshi. I shall do whatever it takes in the process of playing that role to achieve that purpose.

I shall be interested to see what role has been assigned to me by my 'enemies'.
Interesting storyline.... I do see it as very unfair not to inform factions affected by this, but, if it is true, i expect that the devs would not just destroy or move bases without a reasonable replacement.

As exlibrismortis said 'My big question is, that will probably be answered in the continuation, what happens to the Zoners?'
I am very interested in finding out what affect this will have on the ZoE, Our mining rights extend between multiple houses, how will the gallians view this?
If a war is started, will the ZoE take up arms?
(Apologies to any ZA members if i have missed any updates, No internet up till recently has cut me off from the ZA and the ZoE Administration)

I will admit that i look forward to experiencing the story from both the GRN perspective and the Bretonian perspective. I already have a GRN fighter somewhere.... just have to track it down.... :S
' Wrote:Role Play is not being unique, or having an effect on things. It's playing the role you are given, or chose to take on. I think many people miss that. Each role have positives and negatives, if you leave it up to the players, the most popular factions will be uber, and we will have Xeno's in control of Liberty, and the Bretonian would be the strongest house in Sirius by far.

I completely agree with that. It's what I was trying to word with that regular-soldier-comparison earlier.

' Wrote:[...]

Uh. I have to say that sounds pretty much like a personal grudge against Zelot because he is the emperor and you are the Taishogun. Why don't you try to get in touch with the dev team instead complaining on the forums? From what I understand the QCP will be taken into consideration now too.

' Wrote:Interesting storyline.... I do see it as very unfair not to inform factions affected by this, but, if it is true, i expect that the devs would not just destroy or move bases without a reasonable replacement.

I can assure you though that factions are involved into the development process. I seems they just forgot about the QCP. I'm aware of some of the development myself as long as my positions within the factions allow me to be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49