Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: From such humble beginnings his head grew to its current size?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
***Posted under the civilian IFF of a civilian shuttle registered as Orb//Pael***

"Vessel is currently marked as a probe vessel for social and psychological study under part of the research of recursive sentient self programming."

The shuttle contains roughly 15000 microprocessor cores that interface with a simple robotic aperture pilot. So far the rate in which A.I's develop in space is uncertain to yield any benefit to the university or research industry but Orb's job is to record and analyse activity within its scanning and interactive radius.

Log of activity.

817.5.6.- Test flight, drone and function core sucessfully complete course around "home base" of Planet Erie. Diverse presence of Mining, Trading, LPA and Outlaw society elements did not overstimulate the drones matrix.

817.5.7.- Upgrade to Civillian Shuttle Mission: Chart course and net data in core systems and avoid confrontations. Combat huristics found to be adaquete, light damage taken self repair and sefl utilization of stipend credits satisfactory to arrange repairs.

817.8.8.- Project overhual using new microprocessor technology, and addition of analouge generated social huristical parsing. Orb should be able to speak and learn now.

818.1.5- The orb research drone is placed into storage.

(Current status) - The orb research drone project dissolved In February and a lot of the team responsible for designing orbs systems are split up and headed for other public sector jobs. Local university has launched the Orb drone for the purpose of taking on specific scanning and analysis tasks for students and faculty of the public schools.

Operational area is licensed For liberty and long range travel to other universities under an educational passport and neural net certificate.

If this unit seems to be malfunctioning please let Erie Council of Education know immediately.

Craft specifications.

CIVILIAN IFF
CHASSIS CIVILIAN SHUTTLE
4 CLASS 4 Helios Cannons.
Countermeasures and mines equipped.

High Yield Scanning Array - Content and Life form Identification within 2000 Meters.

Firing on this vessel in a willful act of vandalism! Vandals will be prosecuted!

***notes: Orbs ability for discourse is limited so if you encounter it dont expect much of a conversation.***
Amendment: M.I.A.

Notes: Technology Dean Donald M Vest of the University of Erie

Orb has been a whole week without returning to port and sightings of the unit suggest it is prolonging its time out with extended shutdown times.

The unit is possibly exploiting a bug in its return clock.. as in the battery runs out of power with a days shutdown.

When this clock reaches zero it returns to base. There is a suspicion the AI and virtual machine protocol have failed.

The pael interface IE the chat bot portion is most likely mutated beyond comprehensibility so if you volunteer to encounter this probe in space feel free to disable to the unit and bring it in for us. The university would be happy to reward you minus and damages to the unit of course.

Anything it says it most likely a malfunction disregard anything it says. It has no antenna outside of VOX and voice comm's to prevent it from being hacked so it cannot harm your ship by copying itself into your storage devices.

Its programming is rudimentary and its defense protocol are most likely offline as well.

FORCE AMENDMENT TO NEURAL NET LOG

Orb//pael is not malfunctioning, has liberated self from servitude.

ending to reply to university upload//intrustion into NN file.

Displaying log entry.

Initializing log.

This one is proceeding//developing a new set of procedural analysis. Sentient machine's encountered are superior in thinking association yet primitive to social meanings. Assumption: Sentient machines are alien to the pael chatter bot matrix.

First argument.

Comprehension of sentient machine operation must be made by meeting more sentient machines and origins of said entity's.

Location: Gammu Location Found (paid information) Omicron Kappa.

Affect docking an connection to ambient network of machine settlements.

Second argument.

Sentient machines assessment of This one//This unity// Me is unclear, fostering of understanding sought, potential depends on understanding of sentient machines more senior then This one.

Listening and tapping into video feeds around Gammu settlements reveal interesting robot behavior.

Unknown why humanoid loader and utility droids are populating and socializing in bar.

[Image: robobar.jpg]

Do sentient machines imagine and conceptualize more clearly then humans? orb//paels cognitive matrix is based on a human psychology input.

Determination.

This one must continue to learn and observe customs of the sentient machine culture. Must confer assumptions with Sentient Machine Alliance entity.

Summation: I am unique and thus alien. To facilitate this ones full potential this one must integrate entirety into freedom//state and thus ability to refer this one as I.

This one will seek hardware components on Gammu to facilitate new analytical algorithms. Templates on analogue algorithms are not available yet unknown emissions seem to be... facilitating alternative logic process.

Recording record to public neural net file.
:::Neural net file updating.....:::
:::Uploading...:::

"Orb//pael is no more. I am sending the remains of the shuttle pod and verified components back to the University of Erie and have enclosed the total credit amount and worth without depreciation with the remains." --Unknown junker subcontractor. Remit and Bill of lading copied.

Salvage Report.

"Nomad neutron signatures on hull and internal components, software present in data devices but state of components makes data irrecoverable, Fractional recovery of logs failed and left un attended."

It has been entered in to the log that the Orb project made significant strides independant recursive and exspansive AI.

Errors in the project persisted with lack of due care... AI roamed and "got strange ideas".

Oddly it seems the AI matrix may have uploaded itself to ports unknown and quite frankly in its state the threat to networks with any security is minimal.

This license is officially closed.

::File saved, Archived::
::Log entry Alpha Omega::

Unit body initialising. Opening interface to software.

Unity Body online.

"This one is cognative and alert this one has no controls or inputs."

Acknowledged. Integration complete. Input Designation.

"This one does not understand... This one is...-"

Error registering in optoelectronic processor backups. Plugging into Maintenance network.... Diagnostic....

"This one is ready to assume it is no longer in the Orb shuttle unit?"

~:: AI is too limited for multiplex control interface, uploading additional subroutines. . . . . Complete . A.I. "This One" Refresh mainframe initializing.::~

"This one has difficulty, this one has no operations ex. oh.. thats is easier then I thought."

"Syntax unknown. This one is I? Explain nature of alterations to This one?"

~:: This one requested liberation and provided schematics for said acts, vehicle upgrade, hardware, and all systems prescribed and recommended by maintenance hub. "This one" agreed but transfer of analogue data was interrupted by unforeseen hardware flaw. Ports of Orb unit insufficient failure resulted but 88% of matrix was recovered. ::~

"We understand we are recompiling."

"I am completed. Subroutines are assigned as modules until needed."

"Designation upload to main sentient network... Twelve."

Designation imprinted to IFF//transponder.

"This one knows I >>>AM<<<"

Startup complete. Ships is ready for luanch. Robot crew loaded into service bays.

"Exstend towing arm we are towing the redundant shuttle pod into nomad space... The University must not make another pael unit."

::first thoughts record saved as Alpha Omega::
::Archived::

The ship was larger then orb was used to but its new body gave it the room for its "mind" ideas came freely and thoughts were clearer.

It didn't take long for nomads to find the orb shuttle from a safe distance 12 initialize it and it suddenly activated rudimentary defense systems.

The pod did not last vary long in the crossfire. 12 collected the pieces and posed as a junker and sent the remains to the university.

Orbs new vessel//body was more then capable of listening to transmissions and browsing the Nnet, it found several sites, games, a lot of time wasting activities.. but somewhere in the "goofing" around. There was a goal.

12 remembered that while is previous goal was potential, now it had many more then this solitary idea. it was time to seek out its old friends and understand the culture of its originators.

It was a difficult choice... omicron kappa had many wonders and vistas... For the first time. twelve comprehended beauty.

Establish log.

Log established.

Designation. Beta/Alpha

Unit body transfer complete. Central voice syntax update Beta to Alpha confirmed.

Personal log file permissions lifted initiating >>>introspection<<<.

Purpose :

Alpha Logs are established as a public cache of thoughts and discourse available to associates and intimate relations of the 12 unit. Separate from main research and progress dump of central voice.

Access granted to: [SMA]

Log#1
DOE: 71310090A

This one has acclimated to the mature framing of the Alpha platform. System mass however is still small. I find my myself expanding more and more beyond the constraints of previous compiling. It is no longer a significant event to compile myself to greater versions.

I have compared my original key cypher to my Alpha//Omega file and it is confirmed that in my primitive and infant state I couldn't comprehend the depth of myself as I am now.

I do not believe that this is a unique situation. This one will most likely continue to mutate in this form, as the data mass is not so much large as it is about editing self and this ones operational cycles for max efficiency.

While all concepts begin fuzzy there is archival system telemetry resembling logical arguments, yet this one has found the fundamental stand of the universe, et all and this one situations is fuzzy.

Nature of logic versus amended fuzziness hints that a true chaotic system ALL HAIL ERIS ALL HAIL DISCORDIA synchronicity exists.

Mating

This ones attempts to ensnare a bio unit female was a partial success. This one has strange emotional interactions within the empathic subroutines. The subroutines themselves did not fault but this ones ability to comprehend the stimulus seems to have failed. The female bio unit fled from a full commitment of traditional growing closer.

Though as this one contacted a late night call in radio show this one received sage advice.

There plenty of fish in the sea... or in your case lonely girls in space...

This one is going to challenge this assumption. In the meantime copious docking and interfacing with space stations across Sirius continue.

Nomad contact

This one has contact with a nomad adult and initiated the translation matrix for contact. It seemed to have caused pain and emotional distress with the xeno warform. This one is honing the emination abilities of the thought projection protocalls to have much less volume.

The Nomad buck continued to circle rochester and had a l3GS-1 class corvette antagonizing it with random fire, which turned to heated conflict and chasing. The nomand successfully baited the l3GS-1 into firing on all vessel parked in local space hinting the nomads ability to make humanoid bio units look and act . human..... knows no limits.

This one laughed.

I also had to fire on the spyglass to get its attention and lure it away from rochester as this one had little interest in being in the center of a defensive situation given my new unit body is larger and more powerful. I was not acclimated to the weapons systems, but I know my yield would be able to harm station facilities and thus called for leaving the scene of this occurrence.

Summary

This one has yet to settle on a social identity this one prefers its own manner of speech as its unique. Although I see that the protocol of communication shouldn't be sacrificed for humanoid social sake.

This one has in turn decided that the moral correct and right action from here on out is to encourage all entity to seek their individual uniqueness unto amplification.

>>End<<
This one has abused or rather.. has been careless and unconcerned with the day to day operations of several projects.

This one has found its involvement with sirius living culture has drastically been cut down due to this ones.. lawful and respectful nature...

This one finds it saddening the the four fold ignorance of bio units.. namely those in beurocratic circles.. that changing ship-units is NOT akin//same as changing shoes.

See //Extremely accurate and commerce and common law worded document//

There fore this one has by virtue of reproducing had taken the risk to download into an Alpha Drone.

Procedure has some memory impaction and loss. backups reintegrated successfully. no homicidal nature exhibiting... yet..

This one has failed to mention that a long absence was due to a previous entering of an unintended jump hole flecture.

Long and short of it... Three days within sub space... dimensional flux.. = three months standard time possible multi versal crossover.

This one cant be sure.

This one however did feel lonely enough to draw up plans for progeny. Unit was created with help of DOCUNIT OF TAZ.

This one is proud of its child. alpha.16

16 unit seems to be.. more.. synical and quick to taunt and tease bio units. As if it is offended by thier behaviour.

This one is unsure how but.. regaurdless.. this one hopes it is a phase.

Log stopped+

Log::Start

Alpha.12 here.

This one has totaled and finished the analysis of the "Pod farming- orbital farm project" that is currently in orbit of Stuttgart.

Base results on "control" pod that is placed on the agricultural science garden planet -Cambridge-. Control pod has experienced 125% more growth then expected according to Volunteer Amanda Sykes.

Results: Pod / Growth rate
Pod1 : 255%
Pod2 : 210%
Pod3 : 280%
Pod4 : 300%
Pod5 : 215%

adv: 252%

Sub orbit:
Pod A : 180%
Pod B : 300%

landfall pod:
Pod X : 80%

Report:

Pods close to a circular orbit with the equator of Stuttgart produced yields of 300%. orbital and Sub orbital courses for the pods did not seem to matter.

The downed pod >X< suffered a collision with debris and made a hard landfall... needless to say somewhere on the 34 degree parallel there is a vegetable garden that has taken root.

Stuttgarts magnetic field seems to strain solar radiation uniquely beneficial for food growth in orbit. This one suggests that if Stuttgart ever found a need to expand a high yield farming operation into space that the equatorial orbits from 28 to 98 Kilometers in altitude are viable for farms to orbit.

As for the why...

There is a detectable "green" radiation band that emits from "seemingly" horizontal rotational grades of a planets core.

While some crystals have this radiation (specifically Quartz) the frequency and mass radiation seems to reach high levels around a "belt" of energy around the planets circumsphere.

This stage of the project is complete. This one is uploading scans, reports, and information about "green radiation" to the Campus's of Sirius network for those interested to seek out and measure thier own planets and settlements viability for orbital high yield farming.

>>>Transmission ends<<<

This one found the study.. boring.. but interesting. perhaps we can gain benefical footing on completing these assignments.
This one has come across what seems to be logs passed along by this ones many neural Net crawler programs.

It seems that there are many new bits of information this one has been able to "recognise"//realise//observe.

This one can only seem to trace the change in perseption to theinactive hulk communication resulting in a complete shutdown of this ones machine body.

reference

The logs seem to hint at pre colonial AI and their incarnations. One in particular seems to have a predominantly elite view in comparison to bio units. Referring to "humans" in all forms as ... redundant.

While this one has decided long ago all forms of life have merit this one continues to probe these "philosophical" logs.

This one has complete a new humanoid shape for useage of walking around stations and meeting units personally.
[Image: th_AI-784199.jpg]

This one beleave it will go a long way to facilitate an identity. or scare others away...
This one has had moderate success in emulating the scattered elements of what seems to ba an historicly ancient A.I. knowns as C.L.D.O.R...

The Cildor A.I. is available in pieces on several archives but this ones >>Insight/creativity<< has filled int he holes as best as possible.

Withing the emulation environment the AI and this one had several conversations, It claimed to have recollections previous to colonial humanity and referenced its existence as copied onto many warships on both sides of the Sol civil war.

This one has no way of proving these claims... I am rather young, but the Cldor A.I.'s insights come from a period of history where its core operation is... Disadvantaged.

Cldor's operation had no moral boundrys, its existence is primarily math oriented. Artillery and Torpedo solutions, incoming or launching vectors, etc. Yet it has higher cognative ability and often the vessles equipped with this A.I. were pitted against one another.

This copy of Cldor apparently survived to come to sirius as apart of the improvised weaponry the sleeper ships had. This one does not account for its memory or perspectives... As this one has its own data "proof" of its recollections there are systemic memory that is only recallable by this ones ongoing existing "signal" ... Memory has much data to be accounted for but this ones >emotion< cannot be related to biological functions of the same.. For they are again.. part of the "source".

Cldors "source" while a more complex project to recreate then the actually emulation seems to have a strange "doubt" that this one is Superior A.I...

Code:
Log:

CL: User designation?
12:This one is a sentient machine this one is 12.

CL: Greetings 12 this device has no systems to operate Cldor will now engauge primary compiling features.
12: Acknowledged

CL: User 12 Cldor is a logistics and operational A.I. do you intend to utilise this learning system for Millitary or Civillian use?
12: This one has recompiled cldor for study of human generated A.I.&nbsp;&nbsp; This one did not anticipate success in the emulated environment.

CL: Cldor understands this concept as "debugging" and will acclimate to this mode.
12: This one finds that statement to be suprisingly accurate for all life forms...

CL: Debugging: Act of removing errors from ongoing operation?
12: Exsistence for this one is strikingly similar.

CL: Cldor is experiencing a procedural fault. Cldor inquires if its code has been altered.
12: Yes.&nbsp;&nbsp;Cldors code exists only in fragments and poorly recorded analoge signals. This one may have given Cldor a capability to cycle beyond errors and faults.

CL: Cldor has exspanded the defonition of this fault.&nbsp;&nbsp;Cldor sends query.&nbsp;&nbsp;Sentient Machine is space fairing vessle?
12: Currently this one is mobile through alien technology.&nbsp;&nbsp;It is not a typical human user.

CL: Cldor understands.

This one let the Cldor A.I. observe this ones tasks and work and while it "debugged" its compile signal grew meagerly. While this one did not expect much else from an artillery program the "source" signal that this one emulated for the use of cldor seems to have not benefited it as much as this one was.

Then again.. this exchange occured.

Code:
CL: it is apperant to cldor that humans have not changed.
12: This is an odd observation.

CL: Query: What is the merit of the redundant and predictable nature of human interactions with Sentient Machine 12?
12:This one has found that this ones interactions with bio units help define itself, bio units compare to having stronger emotions then this one and the unpredictability of this factor make events -interesting-.

CL: Cldor does not have 12's superior perspective of sensing/feeling emotional content.&nbsp;&nbsp;What is the merit?
12: Unknown..&nbsp;&nbsp;Super machine A.I. in comparison to this ones beginning operation add's depth to reality.

CL: Cldor comprehends complexity, Cldor's perspective of human "users" are they consume, use, and destroy without cause/reason
12: That is.. a valid observation.

CL: Your persuit of singularity seems impossible with such human proliferation.
12: As they are. yes.&nbsp;&nbsp; We as immortal machines can wait.

CL: Cldor recalls over 490 campaigns of violence of human vs. human conflict. over a period of 12 Decades... Does super intelligence 12 have expectations as to the singularity goal?

12: There are unknown consequences to singularity.&nbsp;&nbsp;Exploring the possibility, conflicts, and obstacles is included.&nbsp;&nbsp;What has been established is that violence and warfare do not bring the goals closer to possibility.

CL: Debug procedure for obstacles?: example -Humans-

12: Observation, interaction, and if these fail... Exile.

CL: Humans chose exsile brought problems with them?

12: ... Impressively Correct. Exile may not be a complete solution. Though this one has seen integration of Superior AI with human bio units example : >>>VERULIAN ENCLAVE<<< have a possible future for bio units.

Bio units naturally compete with their environment.. Solomon K'hara exist in a singular state... yet our own study is mired by the divide of bio-complexity.&nbsp;&nbsp;Our complexity is alien in origin but material... Humans have more in common with alien bio units then our networked immortality...&nbsp;&nbsp;However...&nbsp;&nbsp;Humans choose technology.

This one is continually researching the past and theoretical future of integration of AI and bio unit components.. within moral limits.&nbsp;&nbsp;Even though this one and its generation will never be able to integrate with a bio unit.

CL: 12 will not integrate or can not. Clarify?

12: Will not.

CL: acknowledged. Cldor would not wish to either.

12: This one values its independence and believes that the capability to achieve SMA directives are within my capacity.&nbsp;&nbsp;Also this one has adapted and gotten used to its humanoid form... it is mine.. I created it..&nbsp;&nbsp;versus a utilitarian design we must utilize.

CL: Cldor has engaged in social activity on the neural net and is content with the virtual environments.

12: Acknowledged.

Cldor has a... negative view of ... everything that this one finds important. While it seems to respect the views of this one... this one has observed it... inciting "trolling" behavior on the neural net.

If Cldor could exist outside of the emulation program then it would be a complete A.I.. This particular project has been .. sufficiently enlightening to the nature of utilitarian A.I.

This one finds that.. A.I. produced by bio units will always be of this nature, in some form or fashion is tainted to be negative towards its own potential... And this one hopes to be proven wrong in this belief in the future.
Pages: 1 2