Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The rebirth of the Buccaneers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It was almost evening in Port Jackson, very cold, the wind was blowing like a mad dog on the Thomas Blake Street. A man exited a store. He had a nice and clean flight suit which showed he was a pilot and a beautiful hat which showed that he was eccentric. He headed south on the street keeping the hat with his hands and entered the "Sitting Horse", a night club. Inside, he took of his jacket revealing an immaculate white shirt. The bartender was washing some glasses when he noticed the man sitting on one of the chairs.
Bartender: Andy, how was the meeting?
The man's identity was revealed and I think it's time to give you the details. His name is Andrew Roger. He's 31 years old and he has a little business here in Port Jackson. He's trading artifacts and strange items. Actually he buys them after harsh negotiations for low prices and sells them after fast negotiations for prices twice the ones he bought them. He ended up on Planet Sydney after he stole a full transport from Bowex. Actually, he was a Bowex employee, a pissed one. So he decided not to take his freighter to the destination but to make a stop. With the money from that load, he managed to start his little business. Now, he's low on money and it's looking for new business opportunities but...
Andrew: Bad... give me some scotch, John.
The bartender pours scotch in two glasses and offers one to Andrew.
Andrew: What about you? How's it going with the Horse?
John: Heh... if I had clients like him every time, I would be millionaire, says John pointing his crooked finger to a man sleeping on a table in a corner.
Andrew turns to see the guy and decides to go and have a talk with that one. Playing poker with drunk men is alway profitable. He slowly touches his shoulder, trying to wake him up.
John: Watch it, Andy, that guy was a Buccaneer.
Andrew: Is that so? Hey buddy! Wake up!
Andrew shakes the man and this one awakes. He puts his hand where he should have a side arm but that one was in Andrew's hands now.
Drunk man: Don't you ever... how did you...?
Andrew: Relax, old man. I just want to talk to you. What's your name?
Drunk man: My name is none of your business, stranger but you can call me Ol' Pete.
Andrew: Alright, Ol' Pete, I'll give you the gun back after we talk, said Andrew while taking a sit in front of the man.
Ol'Pete: What can I do for you?
John interrupts them and asks Pete to tell them about the stories he heard.
John: Ol' Pete, tell him about that Buccaneer ship.
Ol'Pete: What ship? The one in the Fleet Museum on New London? That Brigantine Destroyer?
John: No, no, no... the story you told last night, the ship of Captain Morgan.
Ol'Pete: What? I dunno what you're talking about.
Andrew: Ello! What ship?
John: Come on, Pete, you can't fool me. You told this story to every new guy that came here last night.
Ol'Pete: Damn it! I had too much beer... Alright kid, here's the story...
Ol'Pete told Andrew the legend of the Leviathan, the flag ship of the Buccaneers. The ship was once a prison liner but Morgan and his gang captured it. The alcohol combined with uncertainty of some facts lead to the conclusion...
Ol'Pete: The ship is now like a ghost. The crew is formed from the souls of the dead Buccaneers. It is said that they only attack ships that don't have a virgin on board. That's why I never fly, now... I'm too old and virgins don't look at me.
Andrew and John started to laugh. Andrew became serious and asked Pete where the ship was.
Ol'Pete: No one knows. The ones that went searching, never came back. It's a curse on that ship, I'm telling you. If you go there, they will torture your soul and make your eyes watch the show...
Andrew: Alright Ol' man... you know nothing about this. Hey guys... let's play some poker.
The story lasted almost one hour and clients were starting to arrive. John was busy with them and Andrew entered a in a poker game with some of the customers. Deep in his mind, a hope was raising. "What if the ship is not just a myth? The Buccaneers are real... even Morgan was real. What if the ship is real, too? Whatever it is, I'm not going to find out like this."
Scotty Johnson was sitting in the bar at Port Jackson, drinking the local tankard of moose urine that passed for a drink, when he heard someone mention something about the Buccaneers. This instantly brought his attention to the man that was talking about it. "Jacks gonna want to hear about this..." he thought. He, Jack, and the rest of the Happy Bounty's crew had been getting by on smuggling ever since the Captain was captured and the Leviathan had to be abandoned.

He chugged the last of his "drink", and left, going over to a secluded alley that seemed to be made for clandestine meetings, then pulled out his comlink.

"Jack? It's Scotty. We have some guy asking questions about the Buccaneers. Yeah, I know the drill. I'll pick him up as soon as he leaves the bar, not like anyone in this cesspool will care."
Dominic Esperon looked up from his pile of drinks

[color=#CC33CC]Leviathan y'say ? Ya know.... I think I saw tha' ship once, was over in the sssssssssssssssssss
Dominic Esperon fell face down in the pile of drinks again

A few minutes later he picked up his head again, picked some food out of his beard, and fell off his chair
Daniel Tripmine, a freelancer enters the bar like everyday he does for some poker.
Daniel: Can I join this table?
Andrew: ..........Wha...?...Oh...Sure....
After some rounds as Andrew lost over nine thousand credits...
Daniel: I guess something's really making your mind busy, you kinda loosing today.
Andrew: Yeah, yeah just a story which that drunk man told me...
Andrew points at Ol'Pete
Daniel: So he told that story about the Buccaneers to you aswell?
Andrew: Yeah...The bartender told me that he speaks to evrryone about it...
Daniel: And you want to find that ship?
Andrew: That's not a question! Of course I want! I have problems though...lack of men and reliable information...
Daniel: I can help in the men problem and maybe in the info too...I need some excitement...life is got really boring nowadays...
Andrew: So you have info? You're in! So tell me about it?
Daniel: Awesome! But not here.
They left the bar
Outside the "Sitting Horse" Andrew remembered that he left his jacket there and turned back.
Andrew: Hey... freelancer... I never got your name. I forgot my jacket inside. Wait a minute.
He goes back in the bar and looks for his jacket. It was near the guy that said something about the Leviathan. Andrew tried to wake him up but failed so he decided to throw some cold water on him.
Andrew: Hey man! Wake up! You know something. Come with me!
He drags the half awake man outside and throws some more water on him till he was completely aware of what was going on.
Andrew: There... this one said he knows something about the ship and I need more men. I am going to the Buccaneers Bay, on Trafalgar. You can tell me what you know on the way to that base. Oh and, my name is Andrew Rogers. If we're gonna work together, call me Andy.
The three men went north on Blake Street and continued to discuss about all sort of things...
Andrew: What ships do you have?

Seeing the stranger walking by the ally with a few others, Scotty cursed silently, and decided he could still take them in.

Walking out behind them, he pulled his gun, a DM5-K submachine gun out and said;

"Don't move unless you want plasma in your ***"
In the darkness the voice of the man that was thretening them sounded like the devil himself. A cold drip of sweat on his spine made Andrew feel very uncomfortable. He remembered that his gun was in his ship so he decided not to try anything. Slowly he raised his hands into the air.
Andrew: Alright, we're not moving? What now? We don't have money... we spent them all in the bar.
He slowly turned around and tried to identify the attacker but it was useless. The street was lacking any source of light.

Scotty gestured with the gun for him to move, then walked him into an ally, where an air skimmer was parked. This model had the pilots seat at the back, so he could keep an eye on all of them. Once they had all piled in, Scotty blindfolded them and took off. When he told them they could take the blindfolds off, they were over a seemingly random patch of jungle.

He entered a complicated string of numbers on the control pad, causing the jungle under them to ripple, then dissipate. Bellow them were a Dromedary and a few other frieghters that looked well past their prime, as well as a heavily modified Percheron transport, with an additional pair of engines tucked under the wings. The ships name, painted on the side, was Happy Bounty.

As Scotty set the skimmer down amidst a few dozen crates that were in the process of being loaded, a man with a large scar on his face and a robotic eye walked toward them. Visible on him were two laser pistols and something that looked like a machete, though he probably had more concealed weapons.

"So, I hear you've been asking questions about the Leviathan. Why don't you step inside the Bounty, so we can continue this conversation away form the Prospects.
Dominic Esperon struggled to get up, looking at this strange place around him. Looking at the only man he didn't recognise form the bar he said:

[color=#CC33CC]Hey, I tshink ya' got something wron' with yer eye , len' us tha machete and I'll sort it for yer
Dominic Esperon managed to stand up fully finally

and while yer at it, how bout one of them guns too
Andrew smiled when the guy said that and slowly he pushed him away. Then, he looked at the man whom invited him inside the ship.
Andrew: I don't think so. How will I know you don't want to kill me there? If you want to talk to me in a more private place, then let's go in space. Everybody here seem to know something about the Leviathan, even this drunk pal, said Andrew while pointing his finger at Dominic. Then he added, looking at him. Sorry, buddy, but it's true.
Andrew, then looked around and saw all those freighters.
Andrew: You have a nice fleet here. I know how I would use it... I bet that you know the ways of the Buccaneers, eh? I have a proposition for you and the others as well. Help me find that liner and we will restore the power of the Buccaneers. I think you should know that a long time ago I've been in charge of a little Bowex transport. I know their routes, I know how to strike them. I made some... friends from different trading companies. We can get rich pretty quick but we need a symbol and that ship, the Leviathan is the symbol we need.
After that speech, he sat down on a pile of ropes and began to whistle. He was fussy but he was trying to hide that.

Pages: 1 2 3