Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to get people to RP in houses other than Liberty.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Gallia appeared, but the ones who play Gallic characters are really, really few.
People don't come to Gallia? Well, let's make Gallia go to them: BOOM! Gallia is now trying to take control of the Taus...

That's what they're actually doing. But, there's another way to get people playing in other houses.
-How?! D: Tell us please!
-Ok, ok, I'll tell you: With subsidies!
-Wha..?!

This is the idea. Each player who used the /reset command with low populated houses, and actively plays within that house during, I don't know, maybe a month? Will be given x ammount of money, enough to incentivate people to play within that house, the less populated the house, the more money it's given.

What do you think?
Well it would be quite hard to keep track on who plays where and how much.

I would instead propose creating additional restart options, based on the Disco story developments of the moment.
For example: Bretonia is going to get steamrolled quite soon: create a /restart bretonia.military, that gives only Bretonia map but some additional pewpew (like a HF or VHF but not the best ones).
And speaking of restarts, it wouldn't be bad to see a /restart zoners or a /restart IMG
Make NPCs just as deadly throughout Liberty as they are in Ontario. People will likely spread out in that case.

With more seriousness, it's just that Liberty feels like 'home' to your average player. People will gravitate to it, because other people are in it.
' Wrote:Make NPCs just as deadly throughout Liberty as they are in Ontario. People will likely spread out in that case.

With more seriousness, it's just that Liberty feels like 'home' to your average player. People will gravitate to it, because other people are in it.

Vanilla SP heritage.
Its a...I don't know what you'd call it.

A build-up effect, maybe?

Explaination:

Player 1 is sitting in New York, Roleplaying with Player 2.
Player 3 is all alone in Bretonia, maybe, and gets bored. Heads for New York to find some RP.
Players 1/2/3 are now all in New York, leaving other places less populated, and bringing more players to flock to where the RP is.
So on and so forth, the amount of people centered around New York grows.
Most profitable trade routes go through liberty. Traders go through it, Pirates follow, Navy, bounty hunters and mercs follow pirates, and freelancers go where the crowd is.

Make more profitable routes that don't go through liberty!
Change starting location. For example to Rheinland because I think that's the most unpopulated system now. Along with Bretonia.
Have Rheinland win the war and completely wipe out all existance of Liberty.

:D

People naturally want to group together. They'll always go where the crowd is. If everyone started in another house, they'd likely group around there. Only problem is the NPCs in Kusari and Rheinland will blow the crap out of a lot of newbies. Even in Bretonia, those Templar and Chimera NPCs are a pain in the ass.
Yeah, a few things. First is the NPCs, very friendly to newbies, the second is the large player base already there.

Solution for first is obvious, either nerf NPCs elsewhere (which I'd prefer, honestly) or buff NPCs in Liberty.

Second is difficult. You have to establish a trend, take say, a few friends and go to RP in say, Kusari. Over-time, slowly, people will notice you are there and dust off their un-used Kusari chars to play with you.

It's a selfless service and takes a lot of time, for not all that much personal reward, hence, few do it.
delete the house! SUPERNOVA!
Pages: 1 2 3