Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Shipping regulation of military goods in Rheinland.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
=[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00]Battleship Strausberg,[color=#33CC00] New Berlin.
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]ENCRYPTION: [color=#FFCC00][color=#66FF99]Low, port RM-CH-HC-0102-A.

[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Receiving...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Decrypting...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Opening...

[font=Verdana][color=#33CC00]SUBMITTER: [color=#FFCC00]Admiral Alec Voelkel, Rheinland Military.

[color=#33CC00]RECIPIENT: [color=#FFCC00]Bretonia, Kusari, Rheinland shipping companies (closed to Liberty/outlaw organizations).
[color=#33CC00]SUBJECT: [color=#FFCC00]Updated military material regulations.

[color=#FFCC00]
Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

In agreement with the Inspekteur of the Federal Police, the Rheinwehr High Command decided to issue a temporary regulation on the transportation of military materials in Rheinland.

From 2400 SMT, 08. 10. 818., the limitation on the transportation of military vehicles and light arms is imposed, all non-Rheinland originated shipping agents are temporarily forbidden to trade with the aforementioned military material. That means, [color=#FF0000]only
[color=#FF6600]Republican Shipping, Kruger Minerals, Daumann Heavy Construction and ALG Waste Disposal affiliated vessels are permitted to export or move military vehicles and light arms in Rheinland.

The reasons for the decision are as follows: The Rheinwehr had to repel seven large-scale Liberty offensives against Hamburg, only this week. Fleets up to several carriers attempted to go as far as bombard the planet from orbit, but even as all attacks were repulsed, we suffered severe casualties. This sudden increase in the amount of enemy offensives leads us to suspect that Liberty is intensifying its focus on taking Hamburg and requires us to enhance our land-based defenses.

As long as the increased threat stands, we cannot afford the export of any more military materials, hence the restriction on foreign shipping agents. All foreign shippers in possession of military vehicles and/or light arms will be found guilty of violating Rheinland law, and their cargo will be confiscated. I do hope I will not have to come to warning you about the possible use of force.

Exceptions and amendments of course, can be arranged as the regulation is only temporary.

This channel will stay open, my secretary, Anna Kirsch will reply to any questions and requests regarding the new limitation.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Admiral Alec Voelkel.

Encrypting...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Closing...

[color=#009900][font=Tahoma]=[[color=#33CC00]TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=
Incoming Transmission...

To: Admiral Alec Voelkel

Guten Tag Admiral,

I support this step, it is a step into the right way, a step to strengthen our state in times of war. Be assured that RepEx will do everything that we can do to ensure the troops supply with necessary goods.
Maybe we could commit further steps to strengthen our, Rheinlands corporations?

-Julia Becker

Julia Becker
5000 RepEx Way
Republican Headquarters
Planet Hamburg
Vice President of Human Resources

Transmission End...
=[[color=#33CC00]INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00][color=#FF0000]Unknown,[color=#33CC00] Braunschweig System.
[font=Impact]ENCRYPTION: [color=#FFCC00]Medium, port RM-CH-HC-23-F.

[font=Verdana][color=#33CC00]SUBMITTER: [color=#FFCC00]Anna Kirsch, Rheinland Military Secretary.

[color=#33CC00]RECIPIENT: [color=#FFCC00]Julia Becker, RepEx.
[color=#33CC00]SUBJECT: [color=#FFCC00]Re: -

[color=#FFCC00]
The High Command is currently discussing the necessary duration of this declaration, we will consult the government to consider further steps later.

In the meantime, we are appreciative of the RepEx or any other Rheinland corporation willing to assist the military supply wings with delivering military vehicles to the Westfalen, which is where the distribution to Hamburg is being organized.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Anna Kirsch,
Secretary of Admiral Alec Voelkel.

[Image: 389fa02c0ba8ecd2f757b5d5c12fc77d.jpg]

Encrypting...

Incoming Transmission
Encryption Level: Target EYES ONLY
Message Source: Confirmed Clean

CommID:
Pete Conroy - Director Borderworlds Exports (Bowex)
Message Target: Admiral Alec Voelkel - RM High Command
Message Source: Director of Operations Office - Scarborough Station : Newcastle
Subject: Trade restrictions and knee-jerk reactions

Well if this ain’t something else. I gotta tell you Voelkel, you really done a number on a lotta people with this hare-brained scheme. Now it’s mighty shameful that your government and Liberty have to be at each other’s throats, and you don’t have to tell me how that is what with those Kusari breathin’ down our necks in Leeds and the Taus, but you’ve pretty much sent a lot of good Bretonians to their deaths because you seem to want to push the agenda of your own personal state-supported industries.

Bretonia needs those vehicles to stave off the attacks on Harris and Leeds just as much as you do in Hamburg. We need them to assist the pilots who are EV and can’t be retrieved by others already in fight. We need them to be able to transfer the engine casings; casings that we also buy from you and yours I might add, from factories to bases for final installation. I understand your plight, but instead of clamping off that flow completely, why don’t you ramp up construction instead? I’ve been to the factories on Nuremburg. They ain’t exactly running at capacity.

‘Course, it’d be a might difficult to construct all them military vehicles if we were to stop haulin’ in all that raw material we do. Beryllium, niobium, gold, and especially that Super Alloy might get a bit hard to come by, and further exacerbate the problem. Might have a friend or two in the Bretonian Government that may pull a stunt about shuttin’ down the flow of goods mighty similar to your own. It could even be that the Queen herself may get involved. She don’t like seein’ her fighting forces dying any more than the rest of us do.

Now don’t get me wrong, it’s not something I mention lightly and it’s not meant to threaten none, merely informative is all. But as I say, I have to look out for me and mine as well. And if that means a need to start gettin’ our fighting equipment from your enemy, who is willing to sell to us…Well, not much of a choice, is there? Either take what amounts to inferior technology or go without completely. It’s like eatin’ a boiled potato for dinner or nuthin at all…I’m goin’ with the potato even if I want steak.

I’d certainly hope to put all this behind us Admiral. No reason for fisticuffs, blustering and posturing, and all that malarky that you see in other, less civilized Houses like Kusari. What say you get your ducks in a row and start crankin’ out them tanks and other vehicles again, ramp up that unused capacity, and me and mine will keep you supplied just as we always have. Confrontation just ain’t my thing.

Respectfully
Pete Conroy
Director of Operations
Borderworlds Exports

Encryption complete
Message Transaction...Success
Transmission End

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00][color=#FF0000]Unknown,[color=#33CC00] Braunschweig System.

[font=Verdana][color=#33CC00]SUBMITTER: [color=#FFCC00]Anna Kirsch, Rheinland Military Secretary.

[color=#33CC00]RECIPIENT: [color=#FFCC00]Pete Conroy - Director Borderworlds Exports (Bowex).

[color=#FFCC00]
Admiral Voelkel is currently unavailable, so I as his secretary will take the liberty of replying to your transmission and relay this message to him later on.

First off, allow me to clear a few things up. It was not entirely accurate of you to target the Admiral as a person for a decision the Rheinwehr High Command and the Federal Polizei's Inspekteur made in collaboration. Just because Herr Voelkel was the one chosen to announce it, it does not at all mean he has personally "sent a lot of good Bretonians to their deaths."

Secondarily, the restriction is only temporary, as mentioned in the first transmission and exceptions can be arranged. If the latter was your goal, then allow me to address you a possibility to do so, since I am certain this regulation will not be amended globally, as of yet.

You mentioned that the factories are not operating at full capacity. I do not know when you scheduled your last visit, but in the past few weeks, they indeed have been working to a capacity that even some Libertonian haulers attempted to smuggle seemingly unattended cargo crates loaded with military goods out. The reason for this restriction is exactly that that the factories have been overwhelmed with work to a level that Hamburg's security was at stake. I don't know when you obtained your information... but unless you were hinting at something, I would say it does not apply to current terms.

About the raw materials and super alloy you bring in; we are very appreciative of your contribution and express our gratitude in cash. I don't personally see what would put Bretonia in a better position if not only would they lose their military vehicle contractors, but a major trade partner as well, granted I was not exactly trained for economic dealings.

A major problem is that we haven't really been seeing a lot of Bowex ships lately, especially not bound for Nuremberg with the mentioned materials. I can arrange putting some of your ships, or your company globally, on the list of exceptions, as long as you actually keep a steady flow of beryllium, niobium, gold, and super alloy in and preferably you also pass some military vehicles on to Westfalen on your way out. I also presume this will help... keep out a certain amount of competition in business, after all you would have monopoly in Bretonia merely for making a slight detour on your way back.

Of course, you can wait until Liberty is pushed back and the ban is lifted or consider alternate solutions, but I do believe this would be the most beneficial for both of our Houses.

Looking forward to your prompt reply.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Anna Kirsch,

Encrypting...

[Image: Taro_Aso.jpg]
::Incoming message::
::Source - Planet Honshu, Honshu::
::Source - Kishiro Technologies::
::ID - Hokani Matsuo::
::To - Anna Kirsch, Rheinland Military Secretary.::

As both the patriot and a CEO of Kishiro Technologies I am concerned about this message sent to us.
As a patriot I am concerned as Kusari has just been cut off from their supply of war effort. Both the vehicles and arms were a big key in our control of Taus and interests in Bretonia.

However, as a CEO I am deeply disturbed by the fact that no one notified Kusari ahead of time to build on our stockpiles or to find the source of our wanted goods elsewhere. We simply had no time. I had to divert a convoy last night and send them to Stuttgart and back to New Tokyo instead to Tau systems because they had nothing to deliver there. Explain to me, how is that a sign of a good leadership?

There are heaps of raw materials coming from Kusari to Rheinland daily, and trust me, even if we wanted to actually deny you some shipments we would give you time to organize income of those resources elsewhere. I am sure Kusari as a house will respond here too, and I hope your defenses stay strong against Liberty attacks. But I do not see how will you be able to sustain the defense if you block yourself from the income you are receiving from Kusari.
::Source off::
::Message Ends::

[color=#33CC00]RECIPIENT: [color=#FFCC00]Hokani Matsuo - Kishiro Technologies.

[color=#FFCC00]
Sehr geehrter Herr Matsuo,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the sudden announcement, even though it has been made six days ago, we truly are saddened to see you had to turn a shipment around just yesterday.

If you wish to be compensated for the loss of profit you suffered yesterday, please state the callsign of the transport vessel in question as well as the amount of cargo it was to carry, I will arrange a necessary sum of cash to be transferred to your account.

However, we still do not fully see why our trade partners are so concerned about the loss of partnership, the ban is as Admiral Voelkel said, only temporary and exceptions are permitted to be listed, if justified. Even so, the ban only applies to one or two goods.

If you continue to bring in H-Fuel, niobium and optronics, or preferably even intensify your shipments, we will be able to intensify production and the ban may be lifted earlier than scheduled. In the meantime, we can offer you two options:

You continue being paid in cash for the supply of goods and you return other goods, such as High-Temperature Alloys, luxury food, MOX or terraforming gases to Kusari, or we list Kishiro Technologies as a whole to the list of exceptions allowed to haul military material freely in and out of Rheinland, in exchange for making scheduled deliveries to Battleship Westfalen, where the defense of Hamburg is organized. The latter of course, will also result in Kishiro obtaining monopoly in Kusari, regarding the export of Rheinland-originated military material.

I trust you as a responsible leader can make that decision, mein Herr. The involvement of the Kusari government is something we deem unnecessary, as Kusari's military successes are not as crucially influenced by receiving Rheinland-manufactured military vehicles as... that of some other Houses. Whichever decision you may pick, note that you needn't think on a long-term, if the regulation achieves its purpose.

Looking forward to your prompt reply.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Anna Kirsch,

Encrypting...

****Incoming Transmission****

[Image: 2vvs308.png]

ID:[color=#FFCC33]Aufsicht Johenn Shol, Kruger Mineralien Security Department
TO: Rheinland Military High Command
SUBJECT: Re:Updated military material regulations.

Guten tag, I'm sorry for delay with answer but unfortunally we had some communication issues in our corportaion. Your directions were recieved and we agreed with them. As always Kruger Mineralien will support all governent decisions which can only help in growing our Vaterland and defend it. We are also ready to deliver all necessery materials which are needed to rebuild damages on Hamburg planet. You just need to contact our organisation and deliver lists of thing which will be needed.

[color=#FF9900]
****Transmission Terminated****
[Image: Taro_Aso.jpg]
::Incoming message::
::Source - Planet Honshu, Honshu::
::Source - Kishiro Technologies::
::ID - Hokani Matsuo::
::To - Anna Kirsch, Rheinland Military Secretary.::

The board will discuss this possibility and return with the answer shortly.

::Source off::
::Message Ends::
Incoming Transmission
Encryption Level: RM High Command
Message Source: Confirmed Clean

CommID:
Pete Conroy - Director Borderworlds Exports (Bowex)
Message Target: Anna Kirsch - Secretary to Admiral Voelkel
Message Source: Director of Operations Office - Scarborough Station : Newcastle
Subject: Trade restrictions and knee-jerk reactions

Well, now see, there'€™s them knee-jerk reactions. This time it just happened to be mine unfortunately. My apologies to the admiral and all, just a case of shootin'€™ the messenger. It has been a while since my personal ships have been in and out of Nuremburg, I agree. But while I personally have been scouting the outer rim for my company'€™s future, I can assure you that up until the order was given, my captains have been diligently running supplies, and were caught off-guard by the suddenness of this announcement.

This, um, global list your talkin'€™ about interests me, as does the possibility of a permanent contract with your government. I'€™d like it if Bowex, as a whole, could be placed on said list. As for a contract, anything solid to get my pilots haulin'€™ and makin'€™ some money is a good thing. If it helps out both our governments and their respective war efforts, all the better.

Did you, or your government, have specific numbers in mind on amounts shipped? Would you prefer per week or per month basis for specific counts? I'€™d rather see a steady supply of raw materials going to Nuremburg and a steady supply of fighting machines coming out than waiting for hostilities to subside. You don'€™t gotta tell me how long that usually takes. If there'€™s something Bowex can do to bolster both of our House'€™s positions in their respective conflicts, I'€™m happy to do it.

If you and yours can get together on quantities and delivery schedules, either per week or per month, of needed commodities, I'€™ll take a logistical look and see whats what. Credits to crumpets, there is a small subsidiary I've had my eye on that would be willing to help out as well. But that can all be discussed at a later time.

Respectfully
Pete Conroy
Director of Operations
Borderworlds Exports

Encryption complete
Message Transaction...Success
Transmission End
Pages: 1 2 3 4