Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thrusters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The Disco wiki shows 10 different thrusters. I'm a bit confused about the effectiveness of the higher end thrusters. For instance, all my ships use the standard thruster with no ill effects. I don't use thrusters unless in "engine kill." I've tried more expensive thrusters and found no change in performance. My energy levels have little or no change. Am I missing something? Why do I need the more expensive thrusters?
The drain is slower for the more expensive thrusters. Your 'thruster energy' is displayed in your hud next to your energy shield and hull as a percentage...

You'll find there is a difference if you have to run from someone and keep thrusting.
I don't hold down my thruster button. In "engine kill," tapping the thrusters is sufficient to keep your speed up. If only the more expensive thrusters increased the speed at which you travel. That would be worth something to me.
This opens an interesting oppurtunity to discuss pointlessnes of certain items such as low-grade armor upgrades, thrusters and scanners.

In my oppinion there should be something done to make the above mentioned items more "valuable" and used.
Also, more expensive thrusters are much harder to shoot off, and the longer you can thrust before it runs out. Usually.

[Image: thrusters.jpg]

I usually go for Enhanced Thrusters, Capital Ship Thrusters if I think it might get blown off.

' Wrote:I don't hold down my thruster button. In "engine kill," tapping the thrusters is sufficient to keep your speed up. If only the more expensive thrusters increased the speed at which you travel. That would be worth something to me.

Unfortunately no.
Power drain is irrelevant from my point of view. Hit points on the other hand makes some sense. But I have never lost a thruster.
I have bought cheetah truster and thiat it was silly buy. I don't see any big difference between cheetah and exhausted truster
' Wrote:Also, more expensive thrusters are much harder to shoot off, and the longer you can thrust before it runs out. Usually.
[Image: thrusters.jpg]
I usually go for Enhanced Thrusters, Capital Ship Thrusters if I think it might get blown off.
Unfortunately no.

Order has its own thrusters?
Capital thruster for your caps, Enhanced for anything else.

' Wrote:Cheetah is just for those who mount cap armors and battleship scanners on their rhinos.

that too.
' Wrote:I don't hold down my thruster button. In "engine kill," tapping the thrusters is sufficient to keep your speed up. If only the more expensive thrusters increased the speed at which you travel. That would be worth something to me.

It might be good for moving but it's not sufficient for dodging properly in one direction.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5