Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What is the [RM-MND]?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I've been getting an increasingly lot of questions regarding what the heck the [RM-MND] exactly is, so much in fact that I decided to dedicate a thread in which all these are answered for future reference.

Let's begin with a FAQ part.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q1: What is the [RM-MND]?

A1: In role play, the [RM-MND] is a branch of the Büro der Marienachrichtendienst (BDM), under Rheinland Military High Command control. The BDM is Rheinland's military intelligence force, something similar to Liberty's LSF. Out of role play, the [RM-MND] is basically a placeholder until a BDM faction goes official, since there were quite a lot of BDM attempts in the past that resulted in failure.

Q2: What does the [RM-MND] do?

A2: Our directives are various. The two chief priorities of the organization (BDM) would be Wild / Nomad research and the war with Liberty, however the [RM-MND] prioritizes the war with Liberty over anything else. The [RM-MND] carries out deep-space reconnaissance into Liberty territory most commonly, mapping fleet movements, space stations, undercover infiltration and intelligence gathering of all sorts. The [RM-MND] carries out strike and assassination missions only on very rare occasions, the [RM-V] is meant to do that, so the MND's purpose is to stay hidden and do stealth recon. The MND does not look for fights and is to retreat if spotted in hostile space.

Often enough, the [RM-MND] also participates in internal defense missions, they sometimes join the Rheinwehr during everyday tasks, usually to observe the behavior of officers as an addition to carrying out their defense mission.

Specific missions to carry out are often improvised by two or more guys participating in a recon, but loners can also be seen.

Q3: What is your key Zone of Influence?

A2: The entirety of Liberty, Rheinland and the Rheinland-adjutant border worlds. An MND ship never should enter Omega-3, Sigma-13 or anywhere further beyond. (Yes, I know there was an incident just now by some guys going to the Omicrons, that was not meant to happen).

Q4: How do I join?

Q4: By applying for the [RM], given that the [RM-MND] is a sub-organization of the said faction. Once a member, you can join at any rank, but asking for permission from an RMHC member (preferably the faction leader which is currently me) is highly recommended.

Q5: Who leads the [RM-MND]?

Q5: Formerly it was Ventana, at the moment no one, but I'm working on changing that. Whoever will get in charge of it, still has to answer to the RMHC though, refer to A1 in that matter.

Q6: What is all this? I thought the [RM-MND] were a Wild faction...?

Q6: That misassumption originates from the fact that a Wild member carries the [RM-MND] tag with our permit to enhance his role play. The person in question, Hans Eckhard, was an ex-MND operative who was lost during an Omega reconnaissance mission, admittedly succumbed to alien influence. No other [RM-MND] members are infested and they all carry a Marienachrichtendienst identification.

Q7: Does the MND know Eckhard is infested?

Q7: Yes they do for long, there's even a bounty posted on him, however some MND agents or RM personnel in general may decide to play along with his undercover role play. They have all the rights to do so, as long as they can back it up with reasoning (which is usually that they fell under the mind control silliness).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to comment / ask any further questions here. I'll try to answer them.
Are you the current leader of the [RM]?
When you say "war with Liberty", does that also include privateering / commerce disrupting ?
' Wrote:When you say "war with Liberty", does that also include privateering / commerce disrupting ?

The Marinenachrichtendienst-ID states:
Quote:Can demand traders who belong to corporations headquartered in Houses that Rheinland is at war with to drop their cargo or be destroyed. Synth Foods is exempt unless carrying contraband or embargoed war materials.

So yes, MND-pilots are allowed to stop traders within Liberty and destroy their cargo.

My question would be if this only applies to Liberty. You know, Corsairs are also a house on their own.
' Wrote:Are you the current leader of the [RM]?
' Wrote:Q4: By applying for the [RM], given that the [RM-MND] is a sub-organization of the said faction. Once a member, you can join at any rank, but asking for permission from an RMHC member (preferably the faction leader which is currently [color=#FFFF66]me)
' Wrote:My question would be if this only applies to Liberty. You know, Corsairs are also a house on their own.

Really?

Quote:-Can hunt pirates and terrorists within their Zone of Influence

Covers the Corsairs.
' Wrote:Q3: What is your key Zone of Influence?

A2: The entirety of Liberty, Rheinland and the Rheinland-adjutant border worlds. An MND ship never should enter Omega-3, Sigma-13 or anywhere further beyond. (Yes, I know there was an incident just now by some guys going to the Omicrons, that was not meant to happen).
What about my former approach to bring in a deeper RP experience with the MND communiquees? (See here for details.)

With this restriction you kill this idea.
Notice to everyone above: This is the [RM-MND], which is a sub-faction of the [RM]. It's not about the MND ID or other MND factions.

What you do with your MND ID'd ship is none of our concern, as long as you back it up with common sense and Rheinland roleplay in mind.

Now replying the people who weren't given an answer:

' Wrote:When you say "war with Liberty", does that also include privateering / commerce disrupting ?

MND pilots are allowed to do so. [RM-MND] pilots don't follow such a practice.

' Wrote:My question would be if this only applies to Liberty. You know, Corsairs are also a house on their own.

Again, that is something the [RM-MND] does not do, seeing our current ZoI.

However, currently I don't quite believe commerce raiding Corsairs would be to our gain, seeing that they're like the fifth largest threat to Rheinland, only giving the area partial attention.

' Wrote:What about my former approach to bring in a deeper RP experience with the MND communiquees? (See here for details.)

With this restriction you kill this idea.

That notion will be a subject to change as soon as I find someone who is willing to do such communiques. The restriction is only in place currently so that our pilots don't go to the Omicrons 'for the lulz' seeing that we have no coordination atm.

If anyone would like to see an MND with more open principles of operation, I suggest contributing to one of the ongoing MND faction creation attempts. As I said, the [RM-MND] is just a placeholder.
Well....I would be happier if the MND could go more futher into space, not just Liberty and Rheinland.
Still there are many RP reasons to do so...
Alec propably made such restrictions becouse the yesterday MND mission to the omicrons what ended in a huge fight, where the Order attacked us.
Still we are waiting for a MND faction what would get the official status, but so far there is none, what is really sad.
Is Omicron Delta part of your zone? Curious since I heard reports of a couple of MND there yesterday.
Pages: 1 2 3