Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What ID for new Faction?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Greets,

We are planning to open a new faction and are not really sure which ID fits best. So maybe you can help us.

What we would like to have:

- ZoI with lots of traffic

- big cap ships

- lot of freedom in RP

Ya thats the main points, lawful, unlawful and so on is not important.

Hope to get some helpful answers on that.

You want to have capital ships AND huge ZoI?
Impossible.

Edit: my bad on hugd ZoI misread.
Corsairs/Outcasts/Order/BHG(Core) has capitals, high traffic systems. But you will have to adapt RP to fit ID.
Zoner Guard ID.
Oh wait.
What is the RP backround? That could help.
' Wrote:What is the RP backround? That could help.

We will write a RP story after we know which ID we will have.
Out of experience this should work better than having a RP story and trying to put it into an ID, where it might just not fit in.

Thanks for your answers so far.
You really should stop limiting to factions only just because they have big cap-ships. Roleplay is possible in smaller vessels, too.
Im going to get shot for saying this, but....
If you want lots of traffic, and capships, go Bretonia or Liberty Military. IF PROPERLY ROLE PLAYED with the current factions, it could work out.

But you guys really need some experience on the server first. You see, there is a HUGE bias against capships here, much, much larger than it needs to be. You know this already. And in addition, you already have most of the server angry at you.

My advice: Join a current faction, fly fighters for a while, learn the ropes. Trust me, it doesn't suck as much as you think. Contrary to your experiences, Most factions are pretty reasonable, especially to fighter pilots.

Anyways, whatever you choose, I wish you guys the best of luck.
' Wrote:We will write a RP story after we know which ID we will have.
Out of experience this should work better than having a RP story and trying to put it into an ID, where it might just not fit in.

Thanks for your answers so far.
In that case it's the Order, Outcasts, Corsairs, Zoners, IMG_?

' Wrote:You really should stop limiting to factions only just because they have big cap-ships. Roleplay is possible in smaller vessels, too.
They mentioned that they have been playing small ships for years so I kind of understand their desire to fly big ships now.
Thanks for all the answers.

Order and Zoners are not the best idea for us i think.
IMG is interesting, never checked that faction really but i will.
Outcasts have really cool cruisers, but weak battleships and ugly dreadnoughts.
Corsairs..ya well there are sooo many of them.

Liberty and Bretonia military....nice one, we'll think about it.

I really cant understand why everyone seems to hate big ships so much, many of them are really good looking and it makes the server real unique. Actually believe it or not, there are people who came here mainly because of 'em ;)

joining other factions...hmm..i really like the experience we had in our smaller independent facs so far and the few attempts of us to be in an official faction were not that much fun honestly.

Wait? What? New faction? For what? There's ORI-... the faction which no one understands. You already flying capships, so why the hell do we need another capwhores in space? Find a faction.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7