Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Akura and Sequoia's Story Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Story here: Touching the memories of the Slomon K'Hara

So a random thread appeared not so long ago. I'll answer these in the next post.

Leave your feedback, questions etc, as I've been getting a fair few over PM.

Thanks.
' Wrote:she could feel the fear in the Nomads, they were scared of the human vessels, scattering and swooping to avoid contact.

Thats from your story.

So is your definition of fear attempting to completely take over an entire civilization with no provocation?

I mention the campaign in this, not our previous sol argument.

The Nomads were as scared of humans when they first saw them, as the Humans were of them, and the Nomads are still able to feel fear, it's a perfectly natural response to certain situations.

' Wrote:Because for all intents and purposes, the Nomads fired first, regardless of their intent.

Taking over someone isn't friendly.

The Nomads didn't attempt to take over humanity, adding humanity to their roster wouldn't serve them any purpose, the humans are primitive and strange, the Wild are not a dominating tactic, they're an infiltration tactic.

The Nomads domination of Rheinland and sweep through Sirius was an attempt to avoid an even bloodier war between humanity and the Nomads themselves, which would have resulted in hundreds of times more deaths than the minor battles fought in the Nomad War.

The Nomads also didn't fire first, as they've lived on the edges of Sirius since 350A.S., their sudden desire to infiltrate wasn't unprovoked, as human researchers (Rheinlanders) had stumbled on more sleeping Nomads, and active Nomad artifacts were loose in Sirius.

An artifact in particular was circling about that the Order were interesed in, an artifact capable or junp-starting the incomplete hypergate network and wiping out the Nomads in the billions. Something that the Order went on to eventually do.

The Nomads wanted to protect themselves, from a potential weapon of mass destruction floating about in human hands.

' Wrote:Do remember the Nomads blew up Sol.

Please. How can we leave if our home was blown up by them?

As explained ,a different group of Nomads, possibly even another DK experiment race or the DK themselves. The Bretonian government don't blame the Order because Kusari invaded do they? No, because the Order had nothing to do with it.

' Wrote:Hey, remember, Akura says those were different nomads, so we will just go with that, now as for the sirius nomads, they not only infested hundreds of people, turning them into slaves, but also tried to take over all human civilization. Now, Akura, you explain how they exactly "fear" us.

Infection is temporary, it was going to be reversed as soon as the Nomads had what they wanted during the Nomad war.

Here's a pro-tip, they didn't want domination, genocide or departure of the human race, those are what the Order presumed the Nomads wanted. The Order were and are to this day, wrong.

The Nomad War is essentially the biggest misunderstanding and communication failure in the history of the human race. Both sides made massive mistakes and ended up causing some pretty bad things to happen, and neither side is particularly evil or wrong.

The worst group in all this is probably the Order though, they hunted Nomads before the Nomad War, and if anyone remembers, they were originally a Liberty-Supernationalist group bent on making Liberty fascist.

The Order founded the LSF to protect and eventually control Liberty and it's people, and the LSF were the original Order, before Orillion defected to make his own. The Order are also one of two groups in Sirius responsible for mass genocide, the other being the Phantoms.

' Wrote:Only the nomads and Akura knows what's going on. I gave up some time ago.

True, only Yuri and a few other people know the future, goals and purpose of the Nomads. The Nomads are a mysterious faction, and this is what makes groups like the Order fear them, they know nothing of the Nomads.

' Wrote:we COULD run around and kill people without a single word, but you lot would cry OCEANS worth of tears.

careful what you wish for.

Yeah, Vanilla Nomads would just shoot everything on sight all the time. Disco Nomads are deeper, with a story and a proper background. Makes them less like cardboard cutouts.

Point of the whole story: The Nomads aren't evil, they're just a race in space with it's own share of problems and mistakes, they're just another faction. Humanity is in Sirius to stay, the Nomads have no intention of controlling or destroying them, they were building the hypergate network up in Vanilla so that they could leave Sirius.

Done.
Since you brought it up in the last post should we consider Digital Anvil's design documents to not be canon in favor of your own view?

http://www.7crows.com/files/Freelancer%2...action.pdf

Quote:Our relentless expansion throughout the Sirius Sector disturbed the Nomads from their long sleep and they awoke early to find the Daam-K'Vosh gone, their worlds overrun, their birthright stolen. Rage coursed through the Nomads -- they had been abandoned, worse, they had been left to the mercy of these aliens -- and they wailed like petulant children screaming to hide their anguish. But the Nomads were not children in any human sense of the word: they were intelligent and devious. They had once waged war against the very beings that created them, and they had learned to bide their time.

Quote:But the Nomads were not strong enough to directly wage war on humanity, nor were their numbers large enough to take over en masse. They had to be slow, careful, and discreet, working through subterfuge and misdirection. But as they learned more about us and our politics, they realized that they wouldn't need to fight us: we would do all the fighting for them. All they had to do was apply pressure in a few critical
places and humans would surrender to their natural violent instincts. Once we had expended ourselves in a futile fight waged against phantom aggressors, the Nomads would easily be able to assume control and use humans as a vehicle to expand throughout the galaxy.

That was the plan. Initiated prior to the discovery of the artifact, the destruction of FP7 or even prior to the awareness of the nomad's existance beyond a few unfortunate deep space miners who didn't get much of a chance to tell the tale. Nomads were killing humans to make human suits with intent to initiate Sirius wide war long before the artifact was discovered. Seems kinda contradicting. So what's what?

Just to ask.
That's some of the stuff Retconned to make the Nomads less like cardboard cutouts.

So it's not really relevant in Disco...

:unsure:
[color=#FFFFFF]As I said to you in the PM and as I will again:

[color=#FFFFFF]I love it <3 <3 <3

Reasoning (which I didn't say):

Well presented

Compelling

Godlike collaboration with sadtranslation
:ylove:

Thanks. In return, I will say that I adore your 1939 UC Sig xD

Gonna be doing more stuff with the NLH in the form of stories in the future, hopefully.
' Wrote:That's some of the stuff Retconned to make the Nomads less like cardboard cutouts.

So it's not really relevant in Disco...

:unsure:

Wait did you just state that the Nomad Lore design documents aren't relevant based on claims of retconning?

I... Don't event... You. I'm lost for words. Your entire bloody story is a retcon for goodness' sake.

What evidence do you even have to support your claims? If you're just dismissing that doc because you find what it says to be inconvenient you might as well man up and say so.
Some ideas from that document were adapted for use in Discovery's Nomads. Others were not.

It's like ice cream. There are many many flavors, and everyone has their favorite. Discovery's Noms are only one flavor. 7crow's are another.
' Wrote:Some ideas from that document were adapted for use in Discovery's Nomads. Others were not.

It's like ice cream. There are many many flavors, and everyone has their favorite. Discovery's Noms are only one flavor. 7crow's are another.

I see. For some reason I always thought the Keepers were based on Freelancer canon, I didn't know it was a custom job. My bad. Carry on.
Yeah, a lot of stuff that was removed was rubbish that made the Nomads into single-minded, boring drones.

Most of the Vanilla lore is used, but a few bits were removed or changed to make the Keepers more interesting or to provide background that made sense.
Pages: 1 2 3 4