Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lost and Damned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Somewhere in Gallia, a lone Aurochs freight vessel was slowly moving on impulse speed...

[font=System]"ORDER 35 EXPIRED"
"GATHERING DATA....."
"INITIATE ORDER 36"
"SEARCHING GALLIC NEURAL DATABASE <DU SABLE>"
"566 RESULTS FOUND"
"DOWNLOADING DATA...."
"OPENING...."
"ROYAL NAVY CRIMINIAL DATABASE: <DU SABLE; ENZO> <HIGH TREASON, SERIAL MURDER, DESTRUCTION OF ROYAL PROPERTY, INCITEMENT, ILLEGAL TECH USAGE/PROPERTY, RA&§/$/)=$§$%>"
"ERROR <SYSTEM OVERLOAD>"
"DISCHARGING DATA <NON RELEVANT>"
"PREPARING FREQUENCY #36 <ENCRYPTED>"
"SIGNAL SENT"
"ACTIVATING SENSORS"
"WAITING FOR ANSWER......."
"STANDBY INITIATED"

On Narbonne Base, in Docking Bay 2, in a dark coloured Cuirassier, a small red light started to blink in the cockpit...

[font=System]"RECIEVING SIGNAL"
"DECRYPTING...."
"SIGNAL. TRUE LOCATION <DU SABLE>"
"CONTINUING ORDER 36"
"ACTIVATING CRUISE ENGINES"
"ERROR <LOW ON FUEL>"
"PREPARING EMERGENCY POD.."
"TRANSFERRING DATA TO POD"
"TRANSFERRING AI TO POD 100%"
"PREPARING LAUNCH....."
"LAUNCHED..."

A really small and fast pod left the cargo bay, heading to an unknown direction....

[font=System]"PREPARING SELF-DESTRUCTION"
"3....2.....1 <VIVE LA LEGIONE>"

The Aurochs blew up in a bright, blue explosion. At the same the pod was flying away quickly...
The pod was still cruising to an unknown direction.....

"WARNING: HOSTILES DETECTED"

A group of Royal Valors were patrolling the edges of Languedoc....
As the pod came nearer, their turrets started raining hell on it....

"WARNING: UNDER HEAVY FIRE"
"INITIATING DODGING MANEUVERS"

A low-energy shot hit the pod right when it left their radius - the pod started burning...

"SHIELD LOST"
"COUNTERMEASURE LOST"
"DATA DISK DAMAGED"
"FATAL HIT"
"USING NANOBOTS"
"NANOBOTS LOST"
"USING SHIELD BATTERIES"
"SHIELD BATTERIES LOST"
"CRITICAL STATUS"
"CONTINUING ROUTE"

It continued its way....
The pod was getting nearer to the Lozere Asteroid field...

[font=System]"CALCULATING DISTANCE...."
"LOCATION <30 K> <DU SABLE>"
"PROCEEDING"

It got in the scanner range of Narbonne...

[font=System]"SENDING TRANSMISSION...."
"ERROR <SOLARS DESTROYED>"

In the docking control cabin, two Brigands were talking. "What's that? A pod.....I am getting some strange signals from it" After some thinking, the other said "We should blow it up, it could be a bomb".

They started aiming for it....

"No, wait. The Lord is here, we should show him that." So they searched throughout the base to find him. Finally, they found Enzo on a corridor, talking to someone. "My Lord, there is something we must show you."

They led him to the control cabin and showed him the pod. Enzo looked like he remebered something "Wait...show me the camera recording of Docking Bay 2, and zoom on my Cuirassier". He had surprised look on his face "That red light. Vite, tractor that pod in!"

The station began tractoring the pod in slowly...

The pod was lying in the docking bay now...

Enzo, while approaching it, noticed a small scar on it's hull. As he was standing beside it, he presed the button to open it, and the airlock opened. Inside, there was a dense network of cables and wires. Under it, there was a titanium box. Enzo picked it up and took it with his into his room....

He put it on the table and opened the box slowly. Inside, there was a holographic disc. He took it our and put it into his holographic projector, that was on the right side on the room, proecting an image in the ball-like display of the holo-reader. The disk was locked by a finger scanning procedure. Enzo put his right middle finger on the reader....

[Image: tcor032.jpg]
An image of an elderly man around 50 appeared....

"Bonjour, Enzo my dearest friend and Lord,
If you see this, it means our most feared expectations have happened - it also means that I am dead. I have sent a freighter controlled by an AI to fly through space. After exactly one year, it stopped it's voyage and started to search for you. Now it has found you, and this disk you are now reading contains one of the most important successes of the Legion since Leon du Sable, your grandfather, was Lord Marechal. I have also personally added something that has interested you for all your life - the informations I could gather about your father. I hope that everything you may find here will be for the good of you, and the Legion, my Lord.

With the utmost respect, forever loyal to the Legion,
Georges Vincent
Marche ou creve! Vive la Legion!"

The disk started displaying it's contents....

A list of folders appeared....most of them contained documents and other written reports.
Some contained concepts to various weapon or equipment designs. Most of them were corrupted and unable to be opened.
Then, a certain folder caught Enzo's eyes...."designs des navettes". He opened it, and a list appeared...

[font=System]Interceptor Prototype Type II
ERROR <FILE CORRUPTED>
"Incube" Advanced Fighter
ERROR <FILE CORRUPTED>
ERROR <FILE CORRUPTED>
"Demon" Heavy Destroyer
ERROR <FILE CORRUPTED>
Cruiser Prototype Type III
ERROR <FILE CORRUPTED>

After taking a look at the files, Enzo copied them over to another disc. Then, he shut down the terminal and walked out of the room, with the disc in his hand....

On Montbard, Enzo told a courier to gather the Underlords and Brigand Legionnaires for a meeting.

"Make sure it reaches them. I need some opinions on this. And do it fast." - "Oui, mon Lord"

After a short stay in the bar, Enzo proceeded to the debriefing room, a room where he and some of his Legionnaires would meet if he needed some ideas from them. Soon, the room was filled with about 10 of them.

Enzo stood up, and activated the holo-projector. "Legionnaires, what you are about to see is strictly classified for anyone else." He put his right middle finger on the scanner. The screen started loading....

"The Demon Heavy Destroyer. A ship that has been planned for years, by the former Royalist Legion. I am lucky to have retrieved this data. Unfortunately, many other files have been corrupted. However, this one you see now is a finished ship ready to be produced....by us."

The Legionnaires were listening to him, some were impressed, others just waiting to say something.

"However, I am not entirely sure whether to do this or not. We would have more than enough resources, that is for sure. We would also have two choices to make concerning the shipyard required to build such a capital ship. And as you all know, with expanding we do not only meet new partners, but also enemies. We are also having more and more problems with our enemies here in Gallia. All these points are in favour of it, but I need some more opinions before I proceed."

Enzo looked into the group, waiting for an answer...
*Vulpe rises to his feet, holding a holopad of the Gallic borederwords*
Vulpe: My Lord...As you see here we may be the most influential of the Gallic Underverse...But we do not have a port to suit our needs in the construction of this grand vessel..
*Vulpe walks slowly across the room, leading up to the front where Lord Enzo stood, his paw reaching out and handing the pad to him*
Vulpe: Madamouiselle Estelle has shown moi that the Council shipyards in Champange are not satisfactory in what we need for such construction and ief they were, repairs on the Grande.Guillotine would 'ave been finished long ago...I agree wieth her in saying that our allies of the Les Maltans could allow us to use one of their shipyards...But I believe that the danger could be extreme should word get out...
*Vulpe rubs his neck in thought as he continues*
Vulpe: My Lord...Along with what reasources we 'ave...Do you believe we could implement such a vessel?...That and do you believe that the Council would have an issue wieth us obtaining such warshieps?...
*Vulpe turns, heading away from Enzo and returning to his seat*
After hearing his words, Enzo speaks to the group.

"Vulpe, your concerns are indeed justified. The Council Shipyard would have no problem producing these, as they require much less of an effort than the Guillotine, but I do not intend to ask du Lac for another favour. He was already generous enough, I do not wish to ask him unless there is no other choice."

Enzo took a sip of water, as his mouth got dry from all the speaking.

"The resources are not a problem, as I said. We have our own, and if these are not enough, we can always buy some with our latest profits. Alors, we should not build too many of them, as it would be more of a waste then, keep that in mind."

He looked around, the Legionnaires were nodding in agreement...

"Oui, I intend to ask les Maltese for this most important task. From what I have seen they have a very advanced technology, probably more advanced than the Council's. Let's hope they will agree."

Enzo looked back into the group to see if anyone else had to say something....
Elria stood up slowly, a few jemstones on her dress sparkling, obviously a holdover from her past.

"My lord, as dangerous as it is, it would be wise to modify this design a bit as well, the naval ships they are to face have been modified extensively over the years, and i fear some reinforcement to the structure as well as armor will be required to make them cost effective. Other than that, i see only one other issue, where shall we get the weapons with which to arm these chariots of war?"

She gazed at Enzo, eyes half-lidded in thought, somewhat amused by this turn of events.
Pages: 1 2