Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Population dropdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
last update: 05/10/2011 07:19:38 [ZTC]

used slots: 34

And on evenings is as little as 110-130 in mid-week, 140-160 in friday, 198 for very short at weekends.
Server's becoming underpopulated it seems...

Don't you think it's about time to put 4.86 out? Or is it too big to finish for a little team? If so, just finish main things and let it out for bugtests.
' Wrote:last update: 05/10/2011 07:19:38 [ZTC]

used slots: 34

And on evenings is as little as 110-130 in mid-week, 140-160 in friday, 198 for very short at weekends.
Server's becoming underpopulated it seems...

Not much left to do, people often lose interest when they play the same thing over and over to no end. Or, they just forumlance, while they cba to get online.

' Wrote:Don't you it's about time to put 4.86 out? Or is it too big to finish for a little team? If so, just finish main things and let it out for bugtests

Keep dreamin'
its still the same.

.86 is distant future, since Gallia is just pain in the butt.
Also, people leave for the clientelism and bias on forums, ingame folks are bashed with sanctions and treated like morons most of the time, what we expect?
Eventually, itll be admin and mod team, plus 10 people.
At least then they can post all the crap tehy want in undies
Also, take into account that summer is over and that people are starting University/College etc and don't have as much free time.
yes - the dropping of population has been observed. some consider it critical - others no big deal, it takes all sorts.
Best time for powertrading! Make money before 4.86!
' Wrote:Also, people leave for the clientelism and bias on forums, ingame folks are bashed with sanctions and treated like morons most of the time, what we expect?
Eventually, itll be admin and mod team, plus 10 people.
At least then they can post all the crap tehy want in undies
Heh, sanctioned rule breaker spoke. It's really annoying when ****tards dock and undock and re-engage right at the moment they're about to die. Tech mix-up - look at other pvp servers: they just all take same ships, shoot everything on chain non-stop with 0 energy using nomie canons and since it's all pushed to the maximum gear, they just start creating and spreading non-visible cheats, so called macros that gives extra 6 fingers to their left hand - it more likely becomes a computer program vs computer program game instead of pvp.
People get sanctioned for flaming - I see no problem here. Now let's review other rules: no rasism - cool, no cheats - cool, no engagement without a notice - cool (think you sit at the base, got two codes for sale, and you get double snaced or mortared. Or any situation like-this even without loosing valuable stuff - that's gay way to win, admit it), ID & RP - well, it's RP server, and it's RP thing that kept all the older players - non-gamer ones, that only takes game to relax and have fun. No tech mix-up? Well, you can mix tech, but you need to ask for it properly. But I like the whole bounded tech sheet: makes so many combinations and tactics, game becomes much more interesting. No sanctioning means no punishment for rule breaking - they can all do what ever they want and turn server into pvp one (sirius becomes one big connecticut) and very soon population drops down to 0 as RPers leave non-RP server and gamers get bored of it and pay half month's rate for a new video-card and newest, most expensive game in stores.

+10 people? Stop buffing your IDEA. There are hundreds of RPers that don't play for graphics and other ****. And it takes few thousands to make a steady server population. Not to mention the everyday population over a hundred in game which isn't a non-stop left mouseclick in same spot for 3 days to get a new shield and show others how awesome he is. If you're one of those lolWuts, please, leave the server too - it'll be better without another Solaris Dread, that comes with two cruisers from behind and slams a single fighter with it's popular "engagugingo" notice.
' Wrote:Also, take into account that summer is over and that people are starting University/College etc and don't have as much free time.

Yeah, we all getting older. Dunno how demanding Uni´s are abroad, here it was kinda easy for me and so to say, I am a lawyer so.

' Wrote:Heh, sanctioned rule breaker spoke. It's really annoying when ****tards dock and undock and re-engage right at the moment they're about to die. Tech mix-up - look at other pvp servers: they just all take same ships, shoot everything on chain non-stop with 0 energy using nomie canons and since it's all pushed to the maximum gear, they just start creating and spreading non-visible cheats, so called macros that gives extra 6 fingers to their left hand - it more likely becomes a computer program vs computer program game instead of pvp.
People get sanctioned for flaming - I see no problem here. Now let's review other rules: no rasism - cool, no cheats - cool, no engagement without a notice - cool (think you sit at the base, got two codes for sale, and you get double snaced or mortared. Or any situation like-this even without loosing valuable stuff - that's gay way to win, admit it), ID & RP - well, it's RP server, and it's RP thing that kept all the older players - non-gamer ones, that only takes game to relax and have fun. No tech mix-up? Well, you can mix tech, but you need to ask for it properly. But I like the whole bounded tech sheet: makes so many combinations and tactics, game becomes much more interesting. No sanctioning means no punishment for rule breaking - they can all do what ever they want and turn server into pvp one (sirius becomes one big connecticut) and very soon population drops down to 0 as RPers leave non-RP server and gamers get bored of it and pay half month's rate for a new video-card and newest, most expensive game in stores.

+10 people? Stop buffing your IDEA. There are hundreds of RPers that don't play for graphics and other ****. And it takes few thousands to make a steady server population. Not to mention the everyday population over a hundred in game which isn't a non-stop left mouseclick in same spot for 3 days to get a new shield and show others how awesome he is. If you're one of those lolWuts, please, leave the server too - it'll be better without another Solaris Dread, that comes with two cruisers from behind and slams a single fighter with it's popular "engagugingo" notice.

Ive got no idea. ALso I got sanctioned at least four times already, so what? I never said I did not do it. Its not what I was talking about and aside from your misunderstanding of my reply, its just hardly replying to yours.
' Wrote:Yeah, we all getting older. Dunno how demanding Uni´s are abroad, here it was kinda easy for me and so to say, I am a lawyer so.

Well, University in Scotland is very demanding. Don't forget people have real life i.e Family etc to deal with. Not all of us can play Freelancer 24/7.

When i check the server I see

~40 ppl in the morning
~120 ppl in the evening
~190 ppl when in the night

Lately i have met a lot of new players.

So don't be concerned about a population drop
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5