Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Barge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As announced in the official topic the Barge is currently not available. That has been 3 months ago(!).

The sad thing is that alot of people want one.... so what is the problem? I guess the Admins are rather busy working on .86 than warping people all day. That is okay and everyone can understand it. Beside that there could be a simple solution...

A new command which will simply turn your current ship into a Barge!
(If you have the correct amount of money and you are in space(?) or at some special station maybe to prevent problems with planets. Like: "Player.Position=Freeport10 & Player.Money>=400.000.000")

That would help everyone and should only take a few minutes to implement.

Tell me what you think and help to get the Barge back!
Some people like to have a choice to cancel the bargification, if they reconsidered it and realised they really don't want/need a Barge, so it will lead to people wasting money.

Also, the Barge is still a somewhat speacial ship and there shouldn't be a lot of them around; if you have a FLHook command allowing every noob and dude to get a barge ... I don't even want to think about the scenario.

The request-a-barge thread is supposed to come back anyways, maybe in a new shape and with a new method. I would simply wait until .86 comes out, things seem to be shiny at the point it will.
Wasting money you say.... hm. If they are unhappy with the ship they could simply sell it on the forums. I dont see any problem here.

Buying stuff is always some kind of risk. You like or not. And if you are willed to spend 400m to test it... have fun. I totaly understand your concerns but how is a topic going to protect from 'many' Barge's and 'newcomers' flying them? It will only keep Admins away from Dev'ing again... It's more or less the old system with a CMD instead of a topic where you post at.

Everyone was free to request a Barge in the old topic - system... even newcomers.
' Wrote:Some people like to have a choice to cancel the bargification, if they reconsidered it and realised they really don't want/need a Barge, so it will lead to people wasting money.
What people do with their money is up to them. If they wanna waste it, they can waste it. It's totally up to them if they want to spend 500mill on a flying station. I don't see a difference there between the request thread and a command.

' Wrote:Also, the Barge is still a somewhat speacial ship and there shouldn't be a lot of them around; if you have a FLHook command allowing every noob and dude to get a barge ... I don't even want to think about the scenario.
The request-a-barge thread is supposed to come back anyways, maybe in a new shape and with a new method. I would simply wait until .86 comes out, things seem to be shiny at the point it will.

Though i agree to this. I don't wanna think about what happens if really EVERYONE (including the ones which are not on the forum) can get a barge just like that.
You could make it a little more complex... and still most likely automated.

Simply generate a list of unique codes and then send someone, who is posting in the Barge-Topic, one of them. Takes only a minute and they are still forced to come to the forums. :>
I don't think lulbarges are too big of a concern.

It was quite a while on this server before I hit 100 million credits, let alone 400-500 million.

Isn't the barge a billion credits anyways? *shrugs*

Besides....hundred of wuts flying stations = super happy fun pirate time.

Derp.
Na... its 502m:)
' Wrote:Also, the Barge is still a somewhat speacial ship and there shouldn't be a lot of them around; if you have a FLHook command allowing every noob and dude to get a barge ... I don't even want to think about the scenario

The scenario will be hilarious.

I approve.
Barge fights are awesome.
I thought Barge fights were more like Elephant seals trying to murder each other.
Pages: 1 2 3 4