Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty Air Force Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Well then, I guess I'll join once I'm back home.
I like this idea that this is a LN faction that actually operates as a real military force. I've seen to much military "rp" that acted like the local police officer. Downside is. People rather focus on the pew pew then the RP.

You have my support good sir!
Music to my ears bro.

Cheers.
Perhaps I'm missing something, but how does this differ from the normal LN in game other than just being focused on fighters? I certainly don't see enough differences to justify getting your own ID. Sure, coming from an atmospheric force is a nice back-story, but that has no actual bearing in the game since there's no atmospheric combat...

Also, I'm sure any pirate characters are happy to know that you'll ignore them. That's exactly what Liberty needs, more Navy people who ignore the real threat to Liberty...
' Wrote:Also, I'm sure any pirate characters are happy to know that you'll ignore them. That's exactly what Liberty needs, more Navy people who ignore the real threat to Liberty...
And how are the pirates bigger threat to Liberty then Rheinland, Noms, Heckfire and other forces with huge military power? Take it this way. In RL, military goes to war, not the police. They stay in their territory and take care of it.
If you're going to break it down to that extend and ignore pretty much the whole OP then I can say the same for the LSF and LN. Both fly the same kit and both go to the same space, both face the same enemies and both fire the same guns. It comes down to RP, which we are unique in or will be. And comes down topersonal preference of faction occupants, their leadership, their attitude and their reputation.

We'll ignore all the damn pirates we bloody well think if what a Combat fighters pilot of the military would ignore. And we use the word 'ignore' but that is wrong, we'd report them, keep an eye on them if needed and monitor them. We just won't drop out of the Cali lane above the lone Pirate Roc and we go "Red, Engaging". It shouldn't be like that and I'm going to try and make it never like that in the LAF.

On a Gameplay level we're going to use mics, I've not really explained the squadron idea in much depth but I'll quote a skype chat.

Quote:[6:32:27 PM] Greg (Ava): Just so you guys understand the principle, these squadrons I keep blabbering about,
[6:32:52 PM] Greg (Ava): Basically if 4 of us appeared in game, we'd chose someone out of the four and say "Me and Bob are Squadron Foxtrot"
[6:33:04 PM] Greg (Ava): And the remainder would be Squadron Zulu
[6:33:10 PM] Greg (Ava): (Names you can chose)
[6:33:20 PM] Greg (Ava): And then in combat/game,
[6:33:37 PM] Greg (Ava): We can say "Sq. Zulu attack [RM-Jake"
[6:33:49 PM] Greg (Ava): And it just adds effectiveness and well, a RP feel which I think factions lack.

I strongly believe little things can make people decide on where they want to RP. Additionally on the forums I'm aiming to make the faction perfect visually and eventually with its contents. My goal is fine tune this faction into a very respectable and able one. In 4.86 I also plan on first talking to the BAF and after, deploying our Carrier to Leeds for the defense of Bretonia. This brings me onto another point. We aren't a cap faction. The only cap (Anything above a snub) is the single Carrier. That won't change.
Aside from the name, which makes little sense given the operating environment, sounds fine.
' Wrote:Aside from the name, which makes little sense given the operating environment, sounds fine.

I find some sci-fi films and games when it is the Air Force that is in space. Freelancer is just... an alternative.

But thanks for that:)
' Wrote:I find some sci-fi films and games when it is the Air Force that is in space. Freelancer is just... an alternative.

But thanks for that:)
It's far more common for a space military to be called a "navy" than an air force.

I read through your OP. Twice. I see nothing in there that differentiates this "air force" from the Navy, other than a focus on snubs. Everything about atmospheric combat is fluff and has no bearing in the game.

The LSF and the Nacy are very different--anyone who played the single player campaign would know that.
Read post 26.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13