Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty Air Force Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
First time for everything.
Trust.

Although if you and the rest of the community keep working against me, it will be a tough road ahead.
Well man I dont want to be working against anyone... But the thing is, we HAVE trusted you before... And now well...
And now what? The community has three factions that filled gaps in the mod. With new and improving leaders and members. I doubt any factions have the same people now who created them. I don't see why I'm getting stick for it. But instead of just starting one and leaving, I moved on and created another.

I honestly 100% doubt I'll do that to this one mate.
Good luck, have fun and enjoy the 'viper Wraiths. ))))
Funny 'cuz it says 'Air force'
' Wrote:We've never been at all out war for nearly 70 years. And in ww2 you will find Us Army planes (the USAF didn't exist back then) were launched on USN carriers. I would not be surprised at all if say America went to war with another 1st rate military like China, if USAF Jets didn't land on USN carriers out in the seas if the jets needed to. but then again, we have jets that can fly all around the globe but unlike in space, what do you expect a LN Navy Defender to undock Manhattan at a Navy ground base, fly to the front, have 5 hours of combat and fly back? No. And the LAF wouldn't either. We'd need the carrier INRP.
You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Air force planes do not have the reinforced gear, tailhooks, or launch bars needed to operate from carriers. And you can't just swap in a few spare parts and have it work--it would be an extensive and expensive modification process.

In addition, landing on a carrier is difficult. Navy pilots undergo extensive training in order to do it. Air force pilots don't. You'd have to retrain all your pilots, and that's not a simple or cheap process either.

It's far simpler to just base the aircraft from a forward air base and aerial refuel if necessary.

Quote:Cost? Why put millions upon millions worth of equipment that makes the aircraft excel in a certain terrain when 99% of the time it'll fight and be destroyed everywhere but that terrain. Secondly mechanically it may not be possible to cram space technology needed to make the Defender excel in space combat, also equalize in Atmospheric battles with super sonic and whatever else 'super' jets. But again, we are playing in a fantasy land, sometimes we should just 'roll' with it.
I fail to see how a missile with the range of a continent is any less useful in space, where you can actually see that far, than in atmo where that would be far over the horizon and way out of range of a dogfight. In that case what do you even need the aircraft to deliver it for?

I also highly doubt that spacecraft capable of reaching orbital velocity would have any trouble at all getting to supersonic speeds.

As far as Freelancer goes--any air force would by necessity be a strictly defensive planet-based force. There is nothing in any freelancer lore to suggest ships that enter atmo to drop off/pick up atmo fighters exist, so there is zero force projection capability.

Having a purely defensive force with a command structure and training programs catering specifically to aerial combat suddenly decide to go on the offensive in an unfamiliar environment with unfamiliar ships is completely illogical. It would be like if coast guard cutters used for drug interdiction suddenly sailed to the front lines. They're vastly out of their element.

I'm not against the idea of some kind of elite fighter group. I can even deal with the idea of a bunch of pilots too snobby to help out on the home front. But the name has got to go. It doesn't make any sense at all in the Freelancer world.
Tell me if i am wrong... When did Space started to have air? "things"we fly with in Space are called as Ships and Air force don't use Ships? I guess the concept is wrong with Freelancer. It could done when atmospehere wars are done which dont happen in FL.
Ava, I just applied, and I still don't like the name.

Srs.

Liberty Assault Force, maybe.
Liberty Advance Forces (you mentioned fighting Gallia).
Liberty Airstrike Forces, even. It doesn't make much sense (except in the context of maybe bombing planets), but it is better than Liberty Air Force.

Also, I:ylove:Avvyfakshuns.
' Wrote:We won't do patrols every time we sign on. We won't go around to see if everything is 'swimmingly'. We'll sign on, rally up and bring the fight to whatever large pirate/terrorist force or military invasion happens to be on at the time. Or if not, bring the fight to them in either a LAF operation or supporting allies.

How do you intend to discover these large engagements if you're not out on patrol in the first place?
Wait for the Liberty Emergency chat to bump saying "RNC in Texas launch all ships"?

It's not that easy to tell if there is a large pirate force active, particularly if they are untagged/indies and the Emergency chat has not identified them.

Personally, I think you should elaborate on this point a bit more.

' Wrote:...
I'm not against the idea of some kind of elite fighter group. I can even deal with the idea of a bunch of pilots too snobby to help out on the home front. But the name has got to go. It doesn't make any sense at all in the Freelancer world.

I agree with this post. There is nothing conceptually wrong with the way you intend to operate this faction. A group of fighters based out of a carrier is actually pretty decent RP - the Missouri can only hold so many. However, the name of the group is really a source of great conflict, and many players have demonstrated that they find it inappropriate for the Freelancer environment.
Looks neat, two things;

One, the Upholder needs more love. I like that you guys plan to fly it. It has a pain-in-the-ass engine, but you learn to live with it. Stay classy, you libertonian snub whores.

Two, Could you possibly add the LNS tag to the United States? So it would look something like LAF|LNS-United.States

Other than that, add a ZoI and you're golden. I like the fact that you are openly dedicating yourself to this faction. Stick with it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13