Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Keepers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
' Wrote:mhmm and so do the keepers, and il say the same thign that gets said about when people piss and moan about the phantoms THEY DO RP SHUT UP LIVE WITH IT

Lohingren, regardless of what, the Phantoms at least are in their ZoI.

The Nomads at hand are not. Trust me, it's a fine faction. The players there are fine too.

Right now, there is a bit of a problem, and the best way to solve this problem is to point it out, and rectify it, not to bring up something else to attempt and counter it.
' Wrote:My character Blackheart - is supposed to be friendly with the nomads, being controlled by them, he could not attack them if he chose to...

Now, I have no nomad gear on that vessel, no reason within thier own set guidelines that the keepers have to attack me.

yet, I attempt to role play with them, and they just attack me, and kill me, FOR NO GOOD REASON.

not only that, after it finished, I heard the familiar sound of a tractor beam, hmmmmm. you guys set out these principles, but you wont stick by them?

GUYS. YOUR NOMAD ID IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO AVOID ROLE PLAY.

you have become mute pvp whores, which is exactly why nomads factions were not allowed for so long.

Nomad controlled? To me that seems a bit.. Too hopeful of a role play. No wonder you were ignored by a race not interested in the least about human life, further still you were lucky they did not kill you.

As for Nomad itself I think it might help if they made their own code language possibly? It might help them communicate in system chat to promote some type of role play or give off the impression of role play. The simple fact is they are completely alien, have no regard for human life, so how would you communicate with them in the first place? You wouldn't. So don't complain about them not communicating with you or not making sense, period. If there was anything that actually did get out on the system chat, it would probably not be directed towards any human anyway, more likely to other Nomad vessels. Nomads are indeed PvP. Because what is their role play in Freelancer? To kill humans!

It is good to have a group of dedicated players wanting to play as Nomads. It keeps it alive and keeps things interesting in my opinion for the entire server. You can't simply place Nomad NPC encounters randomly everywhere all over the server. Two reasons being they become redundant and annoying after you have passed the same bloody group of Nomad NPCs you've killed 100 times before, and the second reason being NPCs have little or no skill unless you make them damn near impossible to kill which in itself is not nice to have everywhere because NPCs don't distinguish a Starflier from a Dreadnought in the least bit. And in that you would have lower level players complaining they were being killed a lot and unable to defend themselves. So the human players over NPCs bring some life to the story of Freelancer, adding depth to the Nomad Systems by having actual random occurances of Nomads wandering and slaughtering humans. It makes for a great chance for Role Play out of others instead of them because it is random and it is fun. Instead of pounding them for a lack of whatever dream of role play you -think- Nomads should be serving up, why don't you take a look at the Role Play that Nomad Squadrons roaming about gives other people just to have something to defend against without warning.

Ya know.. When you try to make things too complicated, you end up doing one of two things, and in some cases both; You end up looking stupid or end up ruining a good thing.
Threads like these are always a good idea to find out those anonymous members too...
oh yet again read my post before yapping on laddie, i was making a point. period elgato pretty much put it into perfect words. what they do is no different to what the phantoms do mostly, but usually puck wouldnt have 4 mins to live but die. period, end of story, and also to my knowledge phantoms dont speak much either? are they ooRP for not wanting to speak to lower beings????? thats the point im making now hush
Right. I was hoping we could have a civilized discussion here. Afraid that's not the case.

Topic Locked.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8