Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Formula 1 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Alright F1 is going to start soon and most of the Teams have published their Cars so far. One Thing I can say: This Season is going to be ugly. All Cars I have seen so far, apart McLaren have new developed Noses, no Idea how they work, but they look horrible.

So far the only beautiful Car
[Image: 5,h=343.bild.jpg]

Force India
[Image: 2,h=343.bild.jpg]

Ferrari
[Image: 3,h=343.bild.jpg]

Red Bull
[Image: 3,h=343.bild.jpg]

Lotus-Renault

"wtf am I looking at?"

Sauber

It's not how they work or not, the FIA decreed that the nose heights were too high for their liking, so mandated that they needed to be lower for 2012. My real question is why no one other than McLaren thought about a gentle slope instead of a step-nose.

The things that really strike me are McLaren and Force India have forward-swept front wing downplanes, while others have straight downplanes. Also, the Ferrari has an abnormally short nose.

More interesting is the air scoop on the top of the Red Bull nose, and the one under the McLaren ...
Like to hear the explanations for those, though current conjecture is KERS cooling.
Apart from the MP4-27, the rest are fairly ugly, but I'm sure we'll get used to them.

Valencia Test Times ... Interesting.
I hope at least this year, we don't have a repeat of the Vettel/RedBull show. This year the rules have changed some what. Where last year, RedBull would use one set of engine maps for qualifying and a different one during the race, this year whatever "engine mapping" program you use in qualifying you will have to use in the race. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Preseason F1, wow Already? I am enjoying the extended season and more cars in the line up. I wonder if Kubica will be able to make it back. I thought for sure that Ferrari would have dumped Massa. Surprised to see him back in red.

If it turns out to be a dirty rainy race season, look for HRT and Pedro De la Rosa to make a surprise podium or two.

I have a favorite, but....it's Formula One, a picking a winner this early on would be nothing but stab in the dark....but...

1. Weber for Champ of 2012
2. Alonso (my favorite)
3. Burton

If red bull continues to dominate like last year. I see the team backing Weber tactically, to get him closer to a championship before he retires.
gotta say that the only good looking one is the McLaren.....

Not a huge F1 fan, but sooner or later these cars will come for my Gran Turismo 5 game...
I actually like the Red Bull.

Though I used to root for Renault, I gotta say: mother of god, that's disgusting.
I don't know, I'd really like to see Vettel as Champion again, but I want it to be exciting, like two Years ago. I'd also like to see Buttons or Webber as Champion. They both deserve it. About the Noses, yeh the FIA changed the Rules again and added lower Noses for Safety Reasons, however these new Noses look far more instabile and easier to break.

A Friend just linked me that Picture here
[Image: c9ecd2db21593bc4dc9a4cc94e759d67.jpg]

Quote:I actually like the Red Bull.
It's a driving Mailbox now. :|

EDIT: Any News if Texas will be finished for this Year's Season? There was quite some Fighting about the Payment.
' Wrote:Though I used to root for Renault, I gotta say: mother of god, that's disgusting.
Lord, it must be ugly ...

Texas is on the calender officially for this season, and is already selling tickets
Bahrain is probably far less likely to happen.
No Kubica in this season QQ. Plus I hope that Vettel will not win again...
[color=#FFFFFF]Duckfaces from girls on facebook to F1. I see what you did there
Pages: 1 2 3 4