Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Does Disco still have enough player base to keep running all factions ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Every faction has its down-time. But disco seems to be losing its playerbase for past sometime. People say it is compensated by the new players , but are the players stay long enough to turn into faction/Rp Players? To my thinking not many do. We are losing more players then we are getting.

How come I claim these?

Infact, almost every faction I have been to has been having almost 50% of players. So every faction in disco is probably run with very few Players ( around 100).

Some factions remain active while some others remain inactive, trying to be active. What makes some factions active and some inactive? Is it the lore of that faction? The attitude of people towards new changes that make their favorites look bad? Or is it some more?
Very interesting point.
It seems that a majority of the new generation of disco players care more about PvP then about RP.
We are now noticing the results of that.
that is an interesting point, yes.

however, people have been making this point for the past 3 years and yet, here we are. that is why, over time, that point has lost its significance.

bloogaL

You're forgetting that we're currently in exam season, many players have taken breaks or are a lot less active because they need to study.
' Wrote:that is an interesting point, yes.

however, people have been making this point for the past 3 years and yet, here we are. that is why, over time, that point has lost its significance.

and for 3 years it wasn't a problem because there were still enough people to balance the loss.
I think it is not the issue regarding number of PvP oriented players compared to number of chat oriented players, but the personal view on this matter.

Chat and PvP is both part of roleplay. If one does act on his role and attack another player, it does not mean one is more PvP oriented. Perhaps he is able to deliver his role differently than you expect him to.

I never found issue of finding good roleplay. Not even in Liberty. It takes at least two sides to roleplay, and if you make no expectations for roleplay from the other side, you are in for a splendid immersion and less frustration.
' Wrote:I think it is not the issue regarding number of PvP oriented players compared to number of chat oriented players, but the personal view on this matter.

Chat and PvP is both part of roleplay. If one does act on his role and attack another player, it does not mean one is more PvP oriented. Perhaps he is able to deliver his role differently than you expect him to.

I never found issue of finding good roleplay. Not even in Liberty. It takes at least two sides to roleplay, and if you make no expectations for roleplay from the other side, you are in for a splendid immersion and less frustration.
You are right snake,
but we are talking about numbers in official factions, about the lack of people willing to play certain roles.
' Wrote:You are right snake,
but we are talking about numbers in official factions, about the lack of people willing to play certain roles.
And how is being in official factions makes it different from being independant?

If I fly BMM IFFed ship, I fill the role of BMM affiliate, no matter the tag.
If I fly untagged Rogue, am I any worse at playing the role of one if I were in official faction?

The only official factions that people must join to play certain role is those that have no open ID.
one noticable change from then to now is that the tone and social behaviour has changed to the worse.

today - it is common to get a GTFO to a valid question, a snarky remark, insults or mockery. - the tone has become significantly more bitter and hostile - something i do associate with a focus on the pvp aspect and the players who are glorified in such an enviroment. - not cause pvp causes it alone, but pvp causes competitiveness that "might" cause players to act a lot more hostile.

pvp is black and white. you win or you loose. engagements often have to result in one side retreating or loosing - there are not too many compromises. roleplay is not just black and white and includes a lot more willingness to share what may be a victory - even up to a point where there is no real victor left but also no looser.

so from my pov, the shift from more RP to more pvp is a cause, not the sole cause, but a cause, of increased hostilities within the community, which again reflects on how welcoming that community acts towards others.

one side effect of a community becoming less welcoming is that it gets even more hostile to people who act and think differently.

to get back to the OP. - yes, i think there are too many factions for the number of players
Yes, I agree that people we loosing is better then those who we getting. Most of fresh players not always care about RP. also people like to hate official faction these days or creating more and more new unofficial. we already have so many secoundary fleets in Houses, gangs and clans in pirate factions and more trading corporations. so official factions slowly dies because of inactivity. if we have 200 player active all time and server capasity as 1000, then it would be no problem. but 100/225 most of time (also player are all over the world, so time zone problem as well) and at least 70% of them indies/unofficials will ruin official faction no doubt
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17