Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What would you change?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
If there was one thing you could change about the bounty board rules, what would it be?

Any spam, trolling or off-topic will be removed.
That indie people, indie factions etc can target Faction targets instead of individuals

Eg. " 2.000.000 per Corsair Fighter ! "

instead of only allowing " 2.000.000 for the death of #insert playername# "

Don't like how only officals can do that.
' Wrote:That indie people, indie factions etc can target Faction targets instead of individuals

Eg. " 2.000.000 per Corsair Fighter ! "

instead of only allowing " 2.000.000 for the death of #insert playername# "

Don't like how only officals can do that.

As far as I know that is called a blanked bounty.
blanket bounties can only be made by official factions because otherwise it would easily become a free for all.
' Wrote:As far as I know that is called a blanked bounty.
blanket bounties can only be made by official factions because otherwise it would easily become a free for all.

Yeah, that would be what I would change too.

Blanket Bounties should be allowed for all.

Personally I think blanket bounties shouldn't exist at all.
That's what I would change.

Username removed

Same as the above.
Allow any ID (within reason) to collect bounties placed by their ID or allies or neutrals against enemies or neutrals.
Cant fix it with just one change.
I have some suggestions that are centered around 3 main ideas:

> Make bounty hunting worthwhile for the hunters (in terms of payment but also rp)
> Reduce the number of hunters that use the bounty hunter "rp" for easy "no rp"-pvp.
> Restrict the amount of "sirius wide" bounties as they are not logical in most cases.

Consequently, these are my suggestions:
  • Remove sirius-wide blanket bounties.
  • Restrict all blanket bounties to the (slightly increased) ZoI of the faction that pays for the bounty: I'll use an IMG example: IMG could bounty Outcast in Tau23 and T37 (our mining operations) but not in Alpha (as we do not have any business to be there, it's the OC homesystem). IMG would bounty Corsairs in Stu, O7, O3, O11, Came perhaps but not in the deeper Omegas...
  • Up the minimum payment to 3-5 million instead of 1 (at least for blanket bounties). One million bounties are simple "give people a cheap reason to cheap shoot easy targets" and invite the pvp-madness instead of a bounty hunter. The server needs less pvp and more rp imo.
  • Allow targets to "bribe" the merc away. I was told by merc veterans that there have been sanctions against the merc that took money to not shoot the target. That's stupid and reduces the only chance for a non-combat target to avoid a pvp interaction. As I said before: the server would profit from more rp solutions and less pvp centrism.
  • Make MercNet a transparent system like all other boards. Since the victim has to prove abuse, MercNet cannot be allowed to consequently hide the data to check whether the rules have been broken.
' Wrote:Personally I think blanket bounties shouldn't exist at all.
That's what I would change.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8