Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question about the role play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
On my server we just removed the 4 hour rule cause not needed on a server with few people ^_^
But yes this rule is getting enoying for some traders cause pirates kill them then trader is fucked for that day to be honest i think they should change it up abit
(01-25-2013, 05:20 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]As a trader, you can pass through the very same system again for only purpose of trading but I doubt pirate will leave you alone. It will most likely end up in yet another death and your cargo lost.

Actually, this is no longer true - ever since the most recent change in rules, no players may return to the same system for 4 hours after a PvP death, even traders. The difference is that escaping from a fight by docking on a station does not count as PvP death for transports and freighters.
Im sorry but that dosent make sense if you are a trader why you do pvp ? pvp is an good word player vs players but we need the proprer setup to comply . so you have an bomber an have an transport and i pvp vs you that is interisting btw.
For completions sake a link to the server rules

Hi there, i take from your inability to pay pirates that you are a new/newish player?

Waht you always can try to do is barter and talk the price the pirates demand down, the nicer ones will realize that you simply have no cash or will simply ask less to show respect you interacted "properly" with them.

Stating "not enough cash, lol" and charging cruise engines is not the way to do it (happened to me lately Wink)

If all else fails and the pirates insist on killing you and you restart in the same system then you are free to leave it -unharassed - under rule 5.7 ! Note that you should not fill your cargo and jsut move out, i doubt the rule stands if you try to undock with a full hold.
If the pirates still think they have to be mean to you i am afraid you will have to make it a habit of screening all piracy aencoutners and kills, then submit a report on these players for being idiots.

When it comes to the sum that pirates may demand there are "soft" guidelines that set the max at 30 % sell value but don`t count on that! Cargo pirates may demand you to fill up their transport, drop half of your cargo or whatever, cash pirates normally ™ ask depending on your ship size and cargo.
Rates might differ where you are flying and who you might meet!

If you need different trading options try the Freelancer Companion program - just set it up so it leads to your disco folder instead to the freelancer one.....very helpfull tool if used with a little thought and it will be able to give you some new routes when your usual one that you use for trading is "dead"
pvp just stands for any player vs. player interaction, if that leads to a death then that is counted as pvp death regardless of how death occurred, guns, crashing, docking (unless a trade ship where it = escape) or via npc if they are also in the melee.
well so pirates need to read the guidelines them.and for the record some of them ask for 10 mil when the cargo only give to me 5mil.
Asking 10 mil for anything that is not an ore is...a tad excessive, but probably not deemed a fair play violation sadly!

What might raise their demands could have been the following:
-you have an ID that is more or less that certain pirates arch enemy ( IC and Lane hackers for example)
-you acted up as if you had nothing to fear(tends to annoy a lot folks)
-if you give out of roleplay comments or whatever(people dislike it and it is agaisn thte server rules)
-the pirates involved were douches ( most propably) and didn t want to pirate you but instead wnated to kill something to feel cool.

----donĀ“t let them ruin your fun, just move on, maybe to a different region of sirius or something till they are gone - it might be you find some better peeps to game with there...at least i hope so..
well sir rodnas you are almort right becouse i have seen alot of pirates and people with no proprer id for piracy and they are just stupid and ruin the fun of game they simple ask for something witch is impossible and stupid. and i have an non awsered question . My friend have an miner ship and he is constantly killed in humbolt by pirates is that possible becouse and miner turret dont do any damage to ships and they kill him.... so why???
Technically, the miner being "blown up" and having to leave resembles, "Your ship blew up, you realistically can't get a new one suddenly within 4 hours. so your ship technically doesn't exist in the system it was blown up in until you get a new one"...... 4 hours seems fine....there's over a hundred systems in this mod...do something else in one of those!

As per pirates charging a large amount? Pirates metagame, they look at your cargo, figure out your value through the chat window....don't want to be charged 20mil credits? Don't keep all your cash on your transport, and don't haul expensive materials.....
It seems to me that is completly stupid becouse you in singleplayer you the ship when you reborn so why in multiplayer is diferent? well something tell me this server have too much rules and some sules conter other rules sir.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7