Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Police is not helping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(02-06-2013, 10:36 AM)Remilia Scarlet Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2013, 05:27 AM)latos Wrote: [ -> ]1, We don't get paid
2, Too many pirates
3, Police Factions have a lot of guidelines
4, We're under appreciated
5, Navy factions USUALLY treat police factions with contempt/like they're lower class
5.1 , as a result nobody wants to be police and everyone wants to be Navy
6, Our ZoI is tiny.
7, Whenever we DO win, we're the bad guys.

1. fair point, however if you're taking a role in a role play server then you have to play the role.
2. not really.
3. maybe, didn't noticed it being in LPI
4. perhaps, but it's not faction's fault. Police just don't seen much in action so no one really counts on police to arrive and help.
5. maybe
5.1 maybe
6. No, almost as big as navy, only few systems less for sure. (like hamburg for lns or so) all core systems and bordering systems are usually a fair game
7. no, that's not correct

I was not referring to LPI. LPI are a corporation and are very rarely useful anyway (Kusari master race).
My list was referring to Kusari State Police. Of which all of them are true.

The OP of this thread is clearly mad about not getting his own way. But it has been interesting to see the four houses' different opinions on their own 'police' factions. (yes i didn't include Gallia because Screw Gallia)

For clarification:
KSP has the following systems as its ZoI:
New Tokyo, All directly gated border systems. Thats it.

Thats a total of five systems. Sure it may seem like a lot, but we don't stray from our patrol paths in the KSP. we abide by jurisdictional laws unless absolutely required to. All pirate factions in Kusari are dead, the only thing we get are retarded cloaking pirate transports and Stupid outcast capital ships. We're chastised by our 'bigger brother' KNF because we're just the police. (and a few political issues we stirred up between ourselves Tongue) We don't get paid much inrp and nothing at all oorp. The point about us being the bad guys was that whenever we do win, we've had to use a tactic like complete outnumbering or Larger ships. Losses are not an acceptable battle scenario for the Police in Kusari, to have it happen is to disgrace your partner and House.
If ya'll saw the OP's other thread, you would realize talking sense to him is useless. He doesn't ounderstand the BHG's RP story whatsoever. He doesn't listen to analogies he doesn't agree with. His english is extremely poor, and im not chastising him for not being American or English, im saying it because I can barely understand anything he types. His hard to respond to post that are slightly confusing. It seems he's just another butthurt hauler mad that he can't be creative enough to come up with solutions to his problems so he blames the system. If only you knew how many times i've been pirating. And i've only been butthurt about it maybe %6 percent of the time. Also the RL comparisons are quite accurate, even if you disagree OP.

The BHG is more than a group of bounty hunters, they are a large(relatively) military force that has a mission. The bounty hunting more or less seems like a side job to make money for their cause. They can't have capships in house space because its against the law. They are strictly forbidden from having them by the houses themselves. Heck Kusari don't even let them in their space at all, no matter what ship they are in, unless thats changed.

You are judging things you barely understand, don't worry, we were all noobs at one point. But really, just grow up and try to learn the world around you, because your understanding of it, whether you realize or not, is extremely narrow. Thats like me looking at a chalk board full of trig questions and telling the teacher I think some of the stuff is wrong because I don't understand it. Plz tell me your ships names so I can pirate you plz plz plz plz
(02-07-2013, 01:16 PM)OrionPew Wrote: [ -> ]They can't have capships in house space because its against the law. They are strictly forbidden from having them by the houses themselves.

And not just that. There's no good reason for them to even try to get a capital ship into house space - a wing of bombers is much more cost-effective against a bountied capital ship, and the majority of targets is too small for a cruiser or larger to really stand a chance to kill them.

Ignoring the fact that they need all the military assets they can get in the Omicrons to fight for their cause..
(02-06-2013, 09:30 PM)madvillain Wrote: [ -> ]In my LPI I Never ignore distress calls.
One thing though:
Please explain me how my tiny Liberator can deal with a rogue destroyer.
I am really curious on what you propose me to do in the future.

One liberator, sure, but when there are a dozen people sitting around right next door doing nothing, that's just ridiculous. I don't care of all 12 of you are flying liberators (although usually most of those are capitals), you'd still be able to easily take down a destroyer.
(02-02-2013, 06:51 AM)Remilia Scarlet Wrote: [ -> ]The person above me is telling *****.

Police are pointless.

P.S. Hire BHG or Mercs to guard your ass.

dont police hat that special command thats like /net or something and can monitor traffic?
HOW IS THAT USELESS!?!?!?!?!?!?!
It isn't useless. Admittedly, if you use it 'fully' (/net all) you do go insane because it's very spammy at high population.

However, it's an excellent tool to catch smugglers and find pirates/other scum taking the lanes (you can recognize Rogues by their having Sammaels and things like that).

Scanning everyone requires a whole lot of showscan$ <number>, though.

Still, I feel it's something that makes police players very useful. I don't really get where people get the "uselessness" from anyways - most of the patrols I was on (LPI-Martin.Reynolds) we ended up with plenty of neutralized (pirate) targets.

Yes, sometimes we'll play the 'scared' cop who doesn't want to risk his own life. Kind of makes sense, we're not the navy. And then there's those times pirates accidentally slip 5 million credits into your pocket.
(02-07-2013, 01:16 PM)OrionPew Wrote: [ -> ]If ya'll saw the OP's other thread, you would realize talking sense to him is useless. He doesn't ounderstand the BHG's RP story whatsoever. He doesn't listen to analogies he doesn't agree with. His english is extremely poor, and im not chastising him for not being American or English, im saying it because I can barely understand anything he types. His hard to respond to post that are slightly confusing. It seems he's just another butthurt hauler mad that he can't be creative enough to come up with solutions to his problems so he blames the system. If only you knew how many times i've been pirating. And i've only been butthurt about it maybe %6 percent of the time. Also the RL comparisons are quite accurate, even if you disagree OP.

The BHG is more than a group of bounty hunters, they are a large(relatively) military force that has a mission. The bounty hunting more or less seems like a side job to make money for their cause. They can't have capships in house space because its against the law. They are strictly forbidden from having them by the houses themselves. Heck Kusari don't even let them in their space at all, no matter what ship they are in, unless thats changed.

You are judging things you barely understand, don't worry, we were all noobs at one point. But really, just grow up and try to learn the world around you, because your understanding of it, whether you realize or not, is extremely narrow. Thats like me looking at a chalk board full of trig questions and telling the teacher I think some of the stuff is wrong because I don't understand it. Plz tell me your ships names so I can pirate you plz plz plz plz

You are an ass.

If you can`t say your teacher that you know better stuff or in your eyes it`s wrong well you are total loser.
If you see something wrong go a head try change it even if you fail ad list you try.
If you just follow crowd of people and don`t think on your own you are brain less.
I have no reason to tell any my ship name why because attitude will change when anyone will try to speak with me.

Well i see no point anymore to post something about it.
Why?
Because I see here too much hard core RP players who play in own imagination world.
There is no balance in game never was test for it!
If you play one of favorite RP games Word of Warcraft online there is no RP like if you are Orc you will not let in orgemar any undead because they are not Orc.
Sometimes need let in others in your imagination world.
(02-08-2013, 05:39 AM)BloodTree Wrote: [ -> ]Because I see here too much hard core RP players who play in own imagination world.

That's probably because this server is meant to cater to "hardcore RP players."

Don't like it? Play somewhere else.
Ok...

Same discussions as always, same old excuses, same old insults, same old ways of just brushing aside problems by making the guy who pointed them out look bad.

Same problem in the "LNS all gank its not fair", same problems in the "police/navy isnt helping", same problems in the "LPI trying to have authority over LNS".

The root of the problem is not the "gank is bad" or "the navy really really really try to help they just cant and people dont understand that", its not that "the LPI are jsut RPing really and the people dont undestand it and take it personal".

The root of the problem is that too many disco veterans have the feeling that they can do what ever they like as long as they do it to noobs and keep the vets that matter happy. And the admins are telling them they are right.

This idea of "gank is bad" is applied when ever a vet gets ganked by noobs, to justify that all the vets take revenge on those noobs. They are putting this rather idiotic idea that evey single encounter has to be with match ship classes where the skilled ship always wins, or the ship with the special restricted gear always wins. Because that way the vets always win and the noobs always lose. When the vets are taking their revenge for losing, this idea is of course declared idiotic, jsut like it is, only to be re-applied as soon as the people got suffiently "punished" in what ever way.

The idea of "we navy and lpi really really always help if possible" is just plain wrong, and you know it. Yes, everyone has other stuff to do at times. But it's just undeniable that lawfuls routinely dont help certain other lawfuls because that would mean shooting their oorp friends. You cant deny that official factions forbid indies form entering fights just so their own oorp friends die. Sometimes they even go as far as shoot their allies to help their RP enemies. This is not RP, this is nor fair play, its pure and simple powergaming.

The idea of "oh its totally ridiculous RP but its RP and you are stupid because you just got mad that this RP totally ruined you". 10 mil because another guy crashed into you while you were afk? A civilian LPI fining a Navy carrer? And a [LN] swappign chars to order him to pay? Any attempt to justify that nonsense is just like a F U to the person you are talking to.

The only thing that is going to change all this inter-player hatred is that you make the vets stop this sort of powergaming. Either you accept regular hate-threads and incredible amounts of animosity against people in what you call a "community" here, or the admins finally do something against it. Dont pretend you dont see it or that people arent reporting it. You see it very clearly every day, and peopel are reporting it every day. Your denial that you arent able to do anything against it is just another F U in the face of the majority of players here.
[Image: popcorn2.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18