Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Stop taking CDs off ships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Put CDs back on most mid-sized transports and all premium freighters (including Democritus, Camara, Geisha, Hegemon). There is no reason for these ships not to have the slot. Some people need it. These ships are already not overpowered in combat so don't tell me they can't have a CD.

Edit: It will be nice to see who tries to dictates RP using cd slots from the poll.
+1 for the Camara to get a CD slot
Devs think it's funny or sth
Freighters maybe, but transports? I'm not sure I see the utility there.
(02-24-2013, 08:14 AM)Challenger Wrote: [ -> ]Freighters maybe, but transports? I'm not sure I see the utility there.

Cargo piracy.
CD's are a tactial weapon that I really like on all ships, they are good for stopping others, retreating and covering retreats, not sure why you would build a ship without them.
Mininguns on cars makes alot of fun and very useful, no idea why Toyota don't include a mini gun into their cars.
(02-24-2013, 08:23 AM)Remilia Scarlet Wrote: [ -> ]Mininguns on cars makes alot of fun and very useful, no idea why Toyota don't include a mini gun into their cars.

This is a fallacious point, all the ships named have guns already.
I meant the another thing. When someone produces something like a ship or a car they are, most likely, cuts everything not really necessary off for cost reduction. No one would buy overpriced mining ship just because it got some fancy stuff you might need in 1% cases. (Talking not about players on disco of cause, we all know that in-RP all of us are just 0.0000000000000000000000000001% out of amount of NPC). So putting useless stuff on transports isn't really a wise idea.

Also incude here that with steer freighters are actually starting to be a powerful thing and camara with it's small profile won't get CD just because then it will be the most used ship.

I can proceed with alsos. Let's also note that here is rumored transport buff coming in 4.87, so for some of them would be retardedly good over others if they're given a cd.

etc etc etc
(02-24-2013, 08:33 AM)Remilia Scarlet Wrote: [ -> ]When someone produces something like a ship or a car they are, most likely, cuts everything not really necessary off for cost reduction. No one would buy overpriced mining ship just because it got some fancy stuff you might need in 1% cases. (Talking not about players on disco of cause, we all know that in-RP all of us are just 0.0000000000000000000000000001% out of amount of NPC). So putting useless stuff on transports isn't really a wise idea.
Yes, so mining ships need 10 guns and a huge powerplant for mining purposes, right? Not for self defense? Additionally, your point about in-roleplay "cost reduction" is flawed because the cost of the ship package did not decrease across mod versions when the CD hardpoint was removed, suggesting that this decision was made with balance as top priority.

(02-24-2013, 08:33 AM)Remilia Scarlet Wrote: [ -> ]Also incude here that with steer freighters are actually starting to be a powerful thing and camara with it's small profile won't get CD just because then it will be the most used ship.
Is there something wrong with civilian freighters having a proper role in combat? Enumerate the problems with the existence of such a combat role, or forfeit this point.

(02-24-2013, 08:33 AM)Remilia Scarlet Wrote: [ -> ]I can proceed with alsos. Let's also note that here is rumored transport buff coming in 4.87, so for some of them would be retardedly good over others if they're given a cd.
I doubt transports will be able to beat gunboats and bombers in 4.87. Please show me some figures or quotations from devs which state otherwise, or forfeit this point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5