Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Taiidan Bomber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
My sights are getting all white with them lately and it happens to be one of the 3 best bombers around... not a coincidence I guess. Apart from the swarm of Xenos using them I met Corsairs and even Liberty Rogues using iin it
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Infocard:

Taiidan Bomber

Having two torpedo slots this ship is a decent competitor of Rheinland Bomber while being significantly cheaper. Taidan Bombers are built by Gas Miner Guild (GMG). They originate from an alien ship that was found in a remote Sigma system.

Selling location: Freeport 11 (Omicron Delta)

My notes:
The infocard is a relic from 4.82 (or older), has not been changed since

Selling location is a relic as well, before 4.84 it was one of the two bombers around so everyone who couldn't use RH one used this one instead.

I don't think we should rely on selling location when deciding who can use ships. Since we have examples like Taidan HF (infocard says: "built by GMG") sold on on a RH and Bretonian battleships. we had Raven Claw sold on a junker base etc...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinions:

Who Should use it:

GMG
IMG (jointly developed Stinger with GMG apart from other things)
Zoners (GMG allies)
Kishiro (GMG allies)

who Can use:

All factions neutral to GMG?

Who should not, use it

All factions hostile to GMG:
those listed on the GMG infocard are:
Corsairs, Hogosha, Outcasts, RM, RP, Kruger, Bundschuh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not really sure where to put Xenos here

They are not hostile to GMG on the infocard, but since they oppose anything foreign it's reasonable to suggest that they are hostile to them as well.
Xenos and taiidans, well there be admin intervention there, and most if not all Xenos should splash out on a new civvie bomber when the next mod comes out. Hopefully it won't be utterly bugged as the current one is. However Xenos are hostile to the GMG, no real surprise, and I can assure you the XA higher ups have all pledged to use the new Roc when it's released. But it is sold on a Zoner base, and it is listed as a civilian bomber in the read me. Which was what we were told to go on.

As for the rest of them, Yes the Barghets blows, but indy LR have the option of going for the far superior Falcata as their replacement, wiithout getting hassle. Corsairs have the Praetorian, widely considered, I beleive, to be a thoroughly good bomber.
I say let the Xenos use them, trust me, they do NOT need nerfing, so don't stick them with a terrible bomber. Next mod version, sure, they should use Civilian bombers.
Well since its sold on a Zoner base people (including me) can believe since its sold on a neutral or ally base you can have.

But I forgot about the GMG part to be honest. However, in their infocard the GMG are allied to the Zoners, so anyone who is allied or near friendly relations to them politically can fly them personally.

I believe the
  • GMG
  • Zoners
  • The Order (until Order bomber is released, however Order are allied to Zoners so its debatable if the Order ship is any good)
  • Mercenaries that have a good RP
  • EDIT: Forgot the IMG off course
  • Freelancer with RP
I personally believe the Xenos can fly them, but only in squad commanders/leaders and not in force. However, since GMG are enemies with Xenos, there must be a hell of a good RP behind the ownership. Civilian bombers are more their style since Xenos are civilians gone bad politically.

Just my thoughts on this topic. Hope it helps.
' Wrote:{snip}...I personally believe the Xenos can fly them, but only in squad commanders/leaders and not in force...{snip}

That, actually, is the XA's policy towards them. Only members of Royal rank or higer can fly them. The majority of our members are at Juvenile rank, and are restricted to the Civilian bomber. Once 4.85 comes out, though, we're all switching to the Roc MkII, as it'll be all the bomber we need.

Hey, I'm just wondering why the BH bomber isn't spammed, IMO the best bomber out there..
And for those who don't know, the Civilian bomber is bugged in the way that its CDs randomly don't work. You'll hear the sound of it being fired and you'll see your ammo get deducted, but it won't come out.

Try stopping trade without a cruise disruptor.
You know there comes the paradox of Corsairs using Tigersharks from NEUTRAL faction that has exactly the same stats as their bugged Arrwing.

..... and they got sanctioned.....

Now Xenos are using Taiidan from hostile faction sold on neutral base, that has better stats than the civilian one.

The problems with civilian one that I know of:
- docking problems ( solved by using quick dock)
- some equipment mounting problems (solved by mounting and unmounting before you launch)?

As to how useless the civilian one is.... it's nowhere near as bad as Barghest and it's better than the Thor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another point would be what they are used for...

Almost all the time I see some Xenos hunting LSF fighters in it and screaming "capwhore" when a single GB comes, and trying to "arrange" fights with LSF so that no capships come.

LSF/SA fighters are nowhere near the most agile in the game, so the bomber takes ages to kill (partly due to the bugged hitbox), while he has all the time in the world to spam SN shots. The bomber powerplant also compensates for the energy use of Xeno guns.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ Mule: BHG bomber is much easier to hit that the Taiidan due to proper hitbox, it also has the smaller powerplant not the big one like the Taiidan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway this should not be all about Xenos and Taiidans, I'm as much (maybe more) interested about other factions using them.
yes, some people in Bs| fly a taiidan bomber (I do as well), but this will all change to Order bomber once/if it is released.
' Wrote:That, actually, is the XA's policy towards them. Only members of Royal rank or higer can fly them. The majority of our members are at Juvenile rank, and are restricted to the Civilian bomber. Once 4.85 comes out, though, we're all switching to the Roc MkII, as it'll be all the bomber we need.
Ah very good. I am not up to speed at all with the XA policies.

I like the fact your all switching to the Roc MkII when 4.85 comes out, commendable. I hope it works out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7