Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: First Baffin Zoner Zummit at The Zenarch, Malaclypse Freeport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
[Image: 48515s.jpg]

Good Goddess! Theo did a fine job here! It's totally bigger on the inside!

Dr. Mojo descended to the stage, checking that everything was ready for the guests to arrive. Three tables were arranged on the highest spot of The Amphitheatre. One was full of luxury food directly shipped from Planet Cambridge, where he had spent most of his youth, studying at the main university there. Another table had a wide variety of drinks, from the popular Rheinland beer to the most exquisit Gallic wine, and inbetween all sorts of ales shipped from the most distant corners. The third table had plates full of pure Kalliste Gold weed buds, Baffin's own harvest. Some little plants were also available in little pots for the guests to take as souvenirs.

Ah... we'll certainly have a ball...
In a matter of minutes after Mojo's last check, Robert d'Autoine, Head Councilor of the Zoner Association known as the Commonwealth, disembarked from his personal Osprey on Malaclypse. As always, he valued punctuality, a common trait in his family. The, Sirian arhitecture and style left him a bit confused about the exact location of the Amphiteathre. He would had been lost if not for a random individual passing next to him which had the time and good will to point him on the right direction.

Thanks to that person, he finally arrived in front of a large door, made of some type of glass which separated the biodome from the rest of the station. Activating the door mechanisms, Robert soon discovered a small yet amazing world of green and lush sprouting through the entire biodome, centered around the amphiteathre.

Robert slowly made his way through the rows of seats, looking and staring at the multitude of plants, like if he forgot the purpose of being here. Smiling, he noticed the table with drinks, he approached it and grabbed a glass of red gaul wine, an obvious choice for someone like him.

He slowly took a sip from the glass which was on his right hand, and then, with his left one, he carefully repositioned the hat on his head, as if he was giving a salute to the refined taste of the wine he was drinking.

Afterwards, he made his way to one of the seats, since he was one of the first guests to arrive, he had plenty to choose from, so he went to the second row of seats to pick his place.

He noticed the other person in the Amphiteathre, Mojo, as he was passing next to him trying to make his way to the rows of seats.
As he was walking, he stopped for a second in front of him, tilted his hat.

[Image: voltaire_xlarge.jpeg]

Right afterwards, he gave a warm smile and said the following words:

" Bonjour, monsieur. Such a wonderful piece of paradise you have in here. "
"So this is the famous Zenarch."

Sarah John-Kane walked through the park. The bio-dome that protected and ushered the Zenarch's inception, was filled with vibrant shade's of green, dispersed through trees and grass, making one almost believe that one was on a random peaceful planet park.

Finally reaching the point that was indicated to her, she halted and saw the Amphitheater, from the distance.

[Image: Sarah01.png]

A small wind, no doubt generated by silent fans within the biodome, kept the temperature cool, and also gave the illusion of a summer breeze.

The woman known as the Freeport One Administrator, enjoyed it for a couple of seconds before resuming her walk to the already prepared tables on the highest point of the Amphitheater.
Judging from your accent, you must be the Commonwealth representative, right? He then smiled as the man nodded. Kallisti Robert... You don't mind me calling you Robert, do you? Thank you for your compliment. There's a lot of effort hidden behind all this beauty. Most of which we TAZ have to thank to the Sigma Zoners, the KRS.

Then he noticed the presence of a woman who he hadn't had the pleasure to meet personally yet, but who he recognized anyways. It was Sarah, Freeport One administrator. He waved at her and invited her with gestures.

Come here miss, and bring a couple of buds from there.

Smiling harder he slipped a long pipe out of his robes. The very same pipe he had used to smoke with Mal not so long ago, at the Kiva. Since his passing the woodpiece had become quite a memento for him and not just the right tool to get tuned with Goddess.
[Image: 3105972529_1_3_Wn1HVutv.jpg]

Within the Security Wing of the Zenarch, a small gathering of security officers and personnel stoodby until its main doors opened, all banter of chatter going quiet as Pope Brettonias entered with a pair of his personal guard. As he entered the center of the room, he turned on his heel and looked among the quiet faces.

Gentlemen. Today the great faces of all Zoner ways of life among the entire Sector rain among us today. Each of them responsible for a portion of our great populace. As they come and discuss the matters that fall before them, we do our job to keep watch to protect just in case the field is befit by locusts seeking to end such. Naoko. Amphitheatre Visual...

As he spoke, The small hover droid floated above them, creating a rotating image of the grounds.

The majority of our guests will be here. I want all officers to be in groups of two and patrol the grounds until our guests leave. All groups shall report status every hour and keep weapons to stun settings just in case. Make sure that all delegates are screen checked and made sure nothing of harm is among their belongings. I wont have any chances taken people. This is a big day for us..

He paused for a moment and shook his head.

No... This is a day to show all of Sirius we are united in a common cause... You know your duty.. Do so with pride... Dismissed.

As the room emptied, Naoko ceased its projection, floating down beside Brettonias and began to speak.

Naoko:.../Sir.. Quite a statement if I do say so Sir... Sir.. Message upon old NLH signals... Transmitting... Seems your comrade Druce is in trouble sir... Shall I prepare a message sir?\...

Brettonias nodded as he began to speak...
Dressed in his full diplomatic garb, John Holliday entered the park. He was alone and kept back a bit from most. It was obvious that he was waiting for someone. He sought to chat with his Ambassador.

He made his way to Hodge and shook his hand. "Dr. Mojo, I'll be towards the back as both Ambassador Rackham and I will monitor and let you run this. Just don't commit to anything until you speak with us is all I ask. Now if you'll excuse me."

On his way back, he saw Sarah Kane. He had never met her personally but had heard much about her. He extended his hand to her.
"Miss Kane, I'm John Holliday. Welcome to Baffin and a belated congratulations on your position with Freeport 1"
She was a pretty woman but Doc treated her professionally. "I'll be nearby if you need to talk about anything." He stepped away with a wink and a smile. He then hung back a bit, awaiting his Ambassador.
The large Klingon walked through the airlock from his cruiser, the I.K.S._Vor'cha. He did well to fill it with his 7 foot frame. Although aging, he was still an intimidating site with his long hair and the dag'tagh in his belt. Still, he was dressed for diplomacy as he had a lot on his mind.

He exchanged greetings with Doc who directed him towards Dr. Mojo and the other delegates. He spoke with him briefly. He went to a table to get a drink as he was quite unsure of himself. He saw the lady nearby. He didn't know who she was but gave a soft smile and nod to her. Looking at her reminded him of his late wife just a little.

He then returned to Doc, complaining that everyone was so new to him that he didn't feel as if he fit in. He wasn't a member of the Confederation and Freeport 6 often slipped under the radar, even if it was on the front line of Gallic invasion.
A man she identified as Hodge Mojo, signaled her to approach, which she did so willingly. But in the way, another man with an easy smile cut her off and extended his hand in greeting. John 'Doc' Holliday. A courteous welcome, befitting. He stepped away, but she, after nodding in reply to the famous Commander Matok, resumed her walk to the main table.

"Good day, Dr. Mojo. I must thank you for the invitation.
I am sure this will be a success."

She bowed her head in respect. Moving on, she stopped near the man with the very interesting hat.

"Good day. I am Sarah John-Kane, Administrator of Freeport One."

With another bow of her head, the man smiled, and she moved on to the last two. Commander Matok that was now talking to John Holliday.

She bowed her head to John Holliday.

"Excuse me for interrupting. I must thank you for the welcome, Mr. Holliday.
I hope this meeting will bear fruits that will be of advantage to us all."

Sarah turned to Commander Matok and bowed her head once more, respectfully.

"Good day, Commander Matok. I am honored to meet you.
Your strength in the Taus is legendary, and i am sure the people of Freeport Six benefit from your wisdom."

Sarah then looked at John Holliday and smirked.

"And if i may, Mr. Holliday, allow me to say that you look exactly as my sister said you did."
Dr Mojo nodded at Doc, then walked to the green table seeing as how Sarah had not brought the buds. The ceremony had to start with the proper rituals. He grabbed a handful of the bigger ones and stuffed a couple inside his pipe, while he bit it tightly. With his other hand he took out a silver lighter which he used to get the weed lit.

Kallisti!

He then walked to where both Taus bosses were and made a signal to Robert, inviting him to join.

We're still a few, but I thought we could already start with the proper binding rituals.

He took a long puff and offered the pipe and a handshake to Commander Matok.

A pleasure Commander, Dr. Hodge Van Mojo, Second Apostle of Eris and Patron of the Season of Discord, at your service.
Being the gentleman that he often was, Doc returned the smile, taking Sarah's hand and kissing it. "Thank you, Miss Kane. I do hope that is a compliment as I take it as one." He then let her hand go and quietly spoke to her.

"Before this conference is over, I think you should speak with Matok over there," he said, taking a quick look at the unsuspecting Klingon, "Strong he is but he's reluctant to join the Confederation. He feels the politics of other Freeports will interfere and between us, he may need the back-up one day."
He then went to turn away before turning back, "and do be careful with him. He lost his wife awhile back. It makes him edgy at time."
Getting ready to listen, he stepped off saying, "I will speak with you later, I'm sure. Enjoy your stay."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17