Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Dreaded "Do Sairs Need Guns" Argument, Hosted by Rodnas & Silver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
To pick up the dreaded "do sairs need guns" argument....

Lorewise: Corsairs love their ships, love their tech and have quite the superiority complex about it, too. To rescue their sorry behind they are at least lorewise very good at creating snubbies and their gear ( If asked truly though as the lore is written by 15 year olds in the peak of puberty ther is not a single "bad" or "medium" shipbuilder/engineerin Disco).
But being elitist and all that jazz leaves you with sair ship and gunlines if you are interested in flying around inRP as Corsair.

Of course out of rp you will see tons of people in flash titans, simply because the civvie gear is friggin good -or people use codies, as most codies have the same projectile speed as tizzies but more DPS and much much less energy drain then sallies....to be honest there are few sairs using sallies that care about good performance.

Now who-do-we-shoote balance wise...

Who do the Corsairs shoot? Outcasts, Hessians, RM, GMG, BD, GC, Nomads/Wilde, Mollies, Brets, RoS, Bhunters, Coalition,IMG and everything with access to civvie lines

Take a look- the OC shoots more ore less everything sairs shoot + Gauls, - Brets and have two gun lines+a special torpedo.
The RM shoots everything we shoot+ Libertonians, 2 gun lines
The Ros - shoots everything we shoot, 2 gun lines+special torpedo
The Bhunters shoot everything we shoot(-the law) 2 gun lines
The Brets shoot the mollies (hopefully) and have 2 gun lines
The KNF, while we don't shoot them their only enemies are the sairs enemies, too ( Casts, GC, BD, Nommies, civvies and formerly brets)- 2 gun lines

Every other faction, safe for the Mollies has direct access to a faction specific fast projectile speed gun, without having to cross-tech or evade to civvie stuff.

Now, mind you - The sairs will get 1 gun line so far + 1 single gun as special, aka the papertiger shieldbuster.

And while i am actually sure the salas will get a proper balance pass, do i have to remind you that these big boys are so bad that me, the guy in the Titan can fire them over 2 seconds shorter with less DPS than for example the chimmie with frenzies? - those guys pew the exact same dudes we do!
Why can a Odin, Templar and Wraith outlast me in staying power?
Why does a Sabre only have 0,5 sec less pew time while prancing on my nose?

I still ahve something in my head about the everlasting Titan powercore and its awesome firepower? Where has it gone to?

To sum this up - most of our enemies have either 2 perfectly fine Hullbuster lines or a line with fast guns(only exception: mollies) - without having to resort to cross, civvie or code tech.
The Sairs have a high DPS gun that dries out too fast and are forced to use civvie or code tech to make any use of their factions "advantage".
=> the rp and lore is there, the balance reaso, too...why not?
You have two guns. Tizzies and Sallies.

If you want another hull buster, you'll have to loose the Tizzie.

Ya know. For balance sake. Since the other factions don't have special shieldbusters, except their related civilian lines.

8|
so you see no difference between one single gun and a whole line, does that mean the OC have 3 lines? I never knew that^^
We are talking about guns.

Oc's have Wyrms and Krakens. Corsairs have Sallies and Tizzies.

The only difference is that one of your guns is a deshielder.

8|
Wut about Inferno in this line of thoughts? The difference is huge because the difference between freely available civ deshielder with 2 speeds and the nerfed slow tizzona are not so big as the difference in having 1 hull buster instead of two. I could clearly compare the advantage of tizonas over debs with the advantage of having Inferno- ie none for general use,but nice bonus for specific situational scenarios.Outcasts would suck without proper faction guns and almost none would notice if Inferno is removed-same story for 4.86 Tizzona- people would just use debs- not a big deal really.
Second hull buster is still missing...
The truth is that corsairs just need the old 4.85 not-nerfed Gun stats and the Centi buffed to eagle like VHF-they would never get it as well with the current people in power so it is pointless to discuss it. Bringing half thought irrational and self-serving statements as the one above does not change the facts unfortunately.
The facts is that in 4.85 the corsairs had shitty LF,shitty HFs and average VHF,average Bomber, in 4.86 their got:
shitty LF,shity HFs and shitty VHF,shitty Bomber due to the changes made. I am really interested how creative the devs could become to nerf the corsairs even more in 4.87 while showing their good intentions to "balance and fix" corsair stuff.
I gave up on this ages ago and just bought flashies,
rping they are my corsair guns -_-.
Salas are ok Q_Q Stahp plehs

I have idea Big Grin Let's trade Legate for the better fighter guns ))))))))))))))))
Springtime for zonerzonerzoner.
At summertime corsair sadness follows.
What silly melodrama comes next?
(05-23-2013, 11:00 AM)Rodnas Wrote: [ -> ]Now, mind you - The sairs will get 1 gun line so far + 1 single gun as special, aka the papertiger shieldbuster.

Borroco (Class 5), Rapier (Class 7), Lobera (Class 8), Tizona del Cid (Class 9), Colada del Cid (Class 10).

Not a full line? Really?

You know... I would've been more willing to actually read through your post instead of just scrolling past the same lines of tears we've all seen around this place over and over, if you didn't insist on "Having only 1 gun line" so much, while you actually have 2 full gun lines and will be the only faction in 4.87 with their own bomber gun. For some reason though, you like to bend the truth and make it look like you only have the Salas. If you're not good enough to use your current gear, man up, admit it, and ask for a replacement, then it'd be considered.

I've flown a Sala Titan in duels and in group fights on and off, and at least for a month at each stage of its balance, and could actually take out some pvpers better than myself in it - The same people I couldn't kill in a full Kraken Sabre. Titan might not be newbie-friendly, and it might have a harder learning curve than Sabre, but it's in no way underpowered. If you think a Titan cant outperform an Odin if flown right, I can't help but to feel (With no offense) you don't have a solid enough grasp of PvP to be commenting on such matters.

For the record, I personally haven't spent enough time in a Titan to be able to use it at its full capacity, but I've seen it used over and over by the same people who flew Odins as well. Problem is not the ship, it's the pilots who just want an "easy" gear and can't bother putting in the time and effort to actually learn how to fly the gear they claim to be underpowered.

(05-23-2013, 01:40 PM)Govedo13 Wrote: [ -> ]Centi buffed to eagle like VHF-they would never get it as well with the current people in power so it is pointless to discuss it.

Thanks for making my day. I spent this morning turning Centurion into a proper light VHF and getting the new Legionnaire model ready for balancing, so reading that line actually made me laugh. I'll remember to include a tinfoil hat in the ship package for 4.87 in case you decide to buy one.
If this is the case I take my had off for you good sir.
On the guns part- not everyone is born with perfect aim, or have the time to develop such, hence more "easy" to use guns should be available together with more hard to use guns for the people with good aim. This brings up the topic codes as hard to use guns for people with good aim vs Salas and the thing that codes have better DPS and DPE at the same speed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8