Discovery Gaming Community
[MQS] ~ The Maquis - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+------ Forum: Archived Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=290)
+------ Thread: [MQS] ~ The Maquis (/showthread.php?tid=170444)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

[MQS] ~ The Maquis - The Maquis. - 05-11-2019

[Image: PAvVktK.png]

General Information:
Faction Information:
Full Faction Name: The Maquis
Faction Tag: [MQS]
ID: The Maquis ID
IFF: The Maquis IFF
Cash On This Ship: [MQS]I.Bank

Brief Description:
Since their break from Then Council, this small Maquis cell have openly committed several acts of terrorism that goes beyond what is normally justifiable during wartime. This splinter cell will give no mercy to any of their victims, especially if it is civilian's who actively show their support to the Crown. This group of terrorist's are known for their brutally effective and efficient ability to strategise their operations to make sure they are a success with minimal loss. This group on do not regularaly collect any evidence on any of their target's unless it is to help them identify whom are safe to call a idealistic friend. If someone is suspected of actively working for the Crown, even so much as organizing aid packages for their solider's. They will immediatly be targetted by the Maquis if caught in action. This small spliner cell will again give no mercy to those who are deemed a threat.

The actions of this splinter cell have earned the respect of other Gallic organisations such as Gallic Brigands and Unione Corse. Due to this, it puts the Maquis and other Gallic unlawfuls into a unique position to be able to successfully coordinate attacks on the Gallic Royal Navy due to the well nurtured friendships. This helps all four groups to gather resources to be able to deploy more of a threat in the long run.

Despite the popularity with other groups within Gallia. The Maquis' actions have driven away a large percentage of support from the civilians of Gallia. While The Council are grateful for the support the Maquis provides, they largely enjoy the support from many within the Gallic Metal Services and other corporations. The Maquis Spliner Cell are viewed as the largest terrorist organisation within Gallic, this is due to the group being full of murderer's, a large amount of people who are guilty of war crimes and alot more serious crimes. This view they recieve from Gallic Civilians, police, and Navy is what they wanted to be viewed as. The Maquis will outwardly claim to act in order to free the people from the greater threat of the Monarchy, but inwardly more than a few of their actions serve as a vegeance for personal grievances that they blame the Crown's force for.

Roster:
[MQS]Jean-Paul.Courbet @Shaggy - Faction Leader
[MQS]Michelle.Crux - @-Rax- - 2nd Leader
[MQS]Hunter - @TacticalNoodle - Member
[MQS]Caron - @Smokey - Member
[MQS]Henry.Pelletier - @"Chi" - Member
[MQS]Hugues.Manitou - @NoMe - Member
[MQS]Marcus.Boone - @Nepotu - Member
[MQS]Thibault.Bernard - @"5kyR0GU3" - Member

Important Threads:

Archived Communication Threads:

RE: [MQS] ~ The Maquis - Dino - 05-13-2019

Good luck!

RE: [MQS] ~ The Maquis - Decktare - 05-14-2019

I would not like to see this group in the official faction for several reasons:
1. Attack with numerical superiority.
2. The use of unbalanced weapons and ships on all characters.
3. Constantly writing Kudos, after each murder, which looks like sarcasm in order to show its superiority.
4. I generally do not like your policies and behavior. RP in the form of chatted and destroyed by the crowd, this is not RP.
5. Your presence in the Coalition systems and friendly conversations with The Order do not have any reason whatsoever called RP.
But in general, yes, there are not enough groups like this on the server, hello to the Hackers.
That's all I wanted to say. If there are more such groups, there will be fewer normal people.

RE: [MQS] ~ The Maquis - Shaggy - 05-14-2019

(05-14-2019, 08:43 PM)Decktare Wrote: I would not like to see this group in the official faction for several reasons:
1. Attack with numerical superiority.
2. The use of unbalanced weapons and ships on all characters.
3. Constantly writing Kudos, after each murder, which looks like sarcasm in order to show its superiority.
4. I generally do not like your policies and behavior. RP in the form of chatted and destroyed by the crowd, this is not RP.
5. Your presence in the Coalition systems and friendly conversations with The Order do not have any reason whatsoever called RP.
But in general, yes, there are not enough groups like this on the server, hello to the Hackers.
That's all I wanted to say. If there are more such groups, there will be fewer normal people.

Hi there,

Can I just ask you about a few of these things please?
I will go point by point using numbers which will go to each of your points. So starting with number 1. and working our way down.

1: Attacking with numbers is not against the rules, and we do our very best to avoid ganking anyone or anything, when it comes to fighting capital ships, we have to use bomber's to fight them as we do not own anything larger then a transport, our ID does not allow us the use of gunboats, cruisers or battleships. When it comes to piracy with transporters. We would rather sit and roleplay with each transporter as much as that transporter allows us to. Some of them fear us and make the conversation blunt and small, or having a long conversation. It's down to the transporter really not us.

2: What ships are unbalanced, and weapons? If you think things are over powered, and unbalanced, there is always the opportunity to speak with the development team and explain your quieries there. We use what is available to use inRP, and our ID allows. Including the Tech Compatability.

3: We do not write kudos for killing someone, it's usually for the roleplay given prior the shooting, as well as giving a nice fight. There is no sarcism involved at all.

4: What policies and behavior do you not like? And why not write in our feedback thread some constructive critism so we are able to make amendments to make you enjoy your interactions with us? You do not like the Gueriella Tactic sort of playstyle/ roleplay?

5. [MQS] have never visited a Coalition system as far as I am aware, and if there has been a player/character who has done so, please send me a private message with the evidence including a name so I can see for my self and ask questions towards my members as to why and what they were doing.

You are not calling us "Hackers", Please tell me what hacks do we use, and what it is we do so wrong that is violating the server rules?

Shaggy the [MQS] Faction Leader.
Anymore issues, or questions please come to me through discord or forum PM.
Discord: Honey Badger #2615

RE: [MQS] ~ The Maquis - Decktare - 05-14-2019

Quote:1: Attacking with numbers is not against the rules, and we do our very best to avoid ganking anyone or anything, when it comes to fighting capital ships, we have to use bomber's to fight them as we do not own anything larger then a transport.

My personal experience was getting attacked by multiple bombers in a transport, even though I was typing.

Quote:2: What ships are unbalanced, and weapons? If you think things are over powered, and unbalanced, there is always the opportunity to speak with the development team and explain your quieries there. We use what is available to use inRP, and our ID allows. Including the Tech Compatability.

I'm referring to dual-MR SHFs. It is of course legal to use everything the game has to offer, but there's a reason those are banned in PVP events.

Quote:3: We do not write kudos for killing someone, it's usually for the roleplay given prior the shooting, as well as giving a nice fight. There is no sarcism involved at all.

I admit, it's a matter of perception. It still seems like an attempt to show off after a successfully-claimed blue message.

Quote:4: What policies and behavior do you not like? And why not write in our feedback thread some constructive critism so we are able to make amendments to make you enjoy your interactions with us? You do not like the Gueriella Tactic sort of playstyle/ roleplay?

Your RP (which I experienced it as a transport) was pretty much "Join us or die", followed by a gank and a later "kudos". But when met by a comparable force, you decided to withdraw. I'll give you an example below.

I encountered you on a gunboat. First I got found by one of your SHFs, then another SHF and a bomber joined in. There was also another Maquis in a neighboring system, who arrived later. But when another gunboat arrived, your characters talked nonsense and eventually retreated. Admittedly, we didn't attack either, but mainly because we don't force PVP scenarios (especially since some of your IRP remarks hinted that you were upset with facing GBs).

Quote:5. [MQS] have never visited a Coalition system as far as I am aware, and if there has been a player/character who has done so, please send me a private message with the evidence including a name so I can see for my self and ask questions towards my members as to why and what they were doing.

Well, I don't have the evidence. Admittedly, it could've been AR faction, so I could've mixed them up with you (seeing how you guys always fly together). Sorry about this part.

Quote:You are not calling us "Hackers", Please tell me what hacks do we use, and what it is we do so wrong that is violating the server rules?

I wasn't calling you "Hackers". I was referring to another faction that has seemingly adopted "blue-message-hunting" and "the-ends-justify-the-means" approach in game.

Quote:Anymore issues, or questions please come to me through discord or forum PM.

I would rather prefer having such discussions in the open. That way people can see if I'm in the wrong and make their own conclusions. Besides, I thought that the point of these threads was to evaluate faction's conduct to determine whether or not they deserve officialdom. The ability to handle feedback (both positive and negative) is an important part of that process.

RE: [MQS] ~ The Maquis - NoMe - 05-14-2019

#Decktare

notes that the Gauls are not what they want us to believe about them! They have done atrocities, and they would like us to accept their cruelty, as the Mollys say, if you help the enemy, you are the enemy too even if you help us! So and it has been said, if you trade with the Gauls, it is not tolerated! So very important to understand the ID

RE: [MQS] ~ The Maquis - Alex(Pineapple) - 05-15-2019

(05-14-2019, 10:26 PM)Decktare Wrote:
Quote:1: Attacking with numbers is not against the rules, and we do our very best to avoid ganking anyone or anything, when it comes to fighting capital ships, we have to use bomber's to fight them as we do not own anything larger then a transport.

My personal experience was getting attacked by multiple bombers in a transport, even though I was typing.

Quote:2: What ships are unbalanced, and weapons? If you think things are over powered, and unbalanced, there is always the opportunity to speak with the development team and explain your quieries there. We use what is available to use inRP, and our ID allows. Including the Tech Compatability.

I'm referring to dual-MR SHFs. It is of course legal to use everything the game has to offer, but there's a reason those are banned in PVP events.

Quote:3: We do not write kudos for killing someone, it's usually for the roleplay given prior the shooting, as well as giving a nice fight. There is no sarcism involved at all.

I admit, it's a matter of perception. It still seems like an attempt to show off after a successfully-claimed blue message.

Quote:4: What policies and behavior do you not like? And why not write in our feedback thread some constructive critism so we are able to make amendments to make you enjoy your interactions with us? You do not like the Gueriella Tactic sort of playstyle/ roleplay?

Your RP (which I experienced it as a transport) was pretty much "Join us or die", followed by a gank and a later "kudos". But when met by a comparable force, you decided to withdraw. I'll give you an example below.

I encountered you on a gunboat. First I got found by one of your SHFs, then another SHF and a bomber joined in. There was also another Maquis in a neighboring system, who arrived later. But when another gunboat arrived, your characters talked nonsense and eventually retreated. Admittedly, we didn't attack either, but mainly because we don't force PVP scenarios (especially since some of your IRP remarks hinted that you were upset with facing GBs).

Quote:5. [MQS] have never visited a Coalition system as far as I am aware, and if there has been a player/character who has done so, please send me a private message with the evidence including a name so I can see for my self and ask questions towards my members as to why and what they were doing.

Well, I don't have the evidence. Admittedly, it could've been AR faction, so I could've mixed them up with you (seeing how you guys always fly together). Sorry about this part.

Quote:You are not calling us "Hackers", Please tell me what hacks do we use, and what it is we do so wrong that is violating the server rules?

I wasn't calling you "Hackers". I was referring to another faction that has seemingly adopted "blue-message-hunting" and "the-ends-justify-the-means" approach in game.

Quote:Anymore issues, or questions please come to me through discord or forum PM.

I would rather prefer having such discussions in the open. That way people can see if I'm in the wrong and make their own conclusions. Besides, I thought that the point of these threads was to evaluate faction's conduct to determine whether or not they deserve officialdom. The ability to handle feedback (both positive and negative) is an important part of that process.

Ok so, first of all. Good morning.
Now I have nothing to do with this but since this sheds falls light on the faction I can say the following :

1. Attacking with numbers... So that means ganking...? I've seen MQS flying around numerous times. And in some encounters they just set there while two equally balanced sides were fighting. Now that might not sound like anything important or unusual but theu could've easily just joimt either side and made the fight unfair.

When it comes to a transport fighting multiple bombers... I don't think that's such a big deal since if you're flying in a squad amd you meet a transport you won't just tell other memebers to back away. Otherwise it's not like transports have any chance against ONE bomber.

Now I personally know the members of the MQS and I can say that for a fact some of them are pvp whores skilled pvpers... Anyhow... I believe that MQS do not gank and I've seen them avoid doing so multiple times.

If ya wanna see a real gank log a MOA bomber in Omicron Alpha... Go on, I dare you!

2. While I myself believe that all ships in this game are too balanced, I think that every ship is unbalance if the pilot is good enough to know how to take the advantage of the ships capabilities.

Take MRs as an example. They aren't very good if you can't aim with them but they are, STRAIGHT UP MURDER WEAPONS if you know how to use them. In my opinion people use MRs because they once used SNACs in snub fights. Which in my opinion is fair. If you spent years and years of training to use SNACs and it was your primary fighting style you shouldn't stop doing what you like just because they were changed. It takes skills to use MRs against very heavy fighters and even lighter ships then that. Try it. <3

3. Kudos to you for giving people your opinion! While I don't know why this is a problem, I do believe I know why Kudosing is used for. Its to thank people for good encounters. Its also some sort of soft propaganda for factions. People are more likely to join you if somone tells your faction that they are fun and everyone can see it. :3

4. I agree with the points that mister little baby tree pointed out here. In other words, I don't know what you're on about and his reply seems reasonable.

5. I have no idea about this either.

In general, calling somone a hacker is a bold accusations to make it seems like you got killed in a transport and you forgot to apply the sandwich rule.

Also there is no "normal" people here. It's disco mate. We're all special in our own kind of ways.

Now if you excuse me I have to make myself a breakfast.
Best regards. ~Alex <3

RE: [MQS] ~ The Maquis - Decktare - 05-15-2019

Hello, Alex,

Points 1-3 I won't argue about. You have your opinion, I have mine. They're vastly different, but both opinions are shaped by in-game encounters, actions and reactions.

But when you addressed my other points, it seemed as if you just hadn't read what I wrote.

Quote:4. I agree with the points that mister little baby tree pointed out here. In other words, I don't know what you're on about and his reply seems reasonable.

Shaggy didn't really raise any points there. He asked questions, and in my second comment I explained exactly what I meant.

Quote:In general, calling somone a hacker is a bold accusations to make it seems like you got killed in a transport and you forgot to apply the sandwich rule.

Again, I'll just repeat my words from the comment: I wasn't calling [MQS] "hackers". Not in the "cheating" sense. I was making comparison to the Lane Hackers and the similarly poor impression after my interactions with both groups. But that's an [MQS] thread, so let's leave it at that.

I've said everything I had to say on the matter, and won't post in this thread further. It's for people to express their opinion about the faction's attitude in and out of game, and I've already given mine. If it helps the faction improve, that'll be great! But to me, an attempt to take feedback to Discord/PMs seems like a way to save face more than anything else.

P.S. All interactions I referred to took place more than a week ago. So Alex, your mention of the "sandwich rule" is inapporpriate. I've had time to think it over with a cool head before posting.

P.P.S. To NoMe, I played as a Maquis back when Ile-de-France still had double trade lanes. So I think I had enough time to form an understanding of the ID, or what the Maquis are about.

RE: [MQS] ~ The Maquis - ~Chio - 05-15-2019

Decktare, as a member of maquis that destroyed your transport after which you came here to express your anger I will tell you following. I won't respond to any new replies of your onto this message, I will only if it is constructive criticism. I was hoping I won't need to come here, but looks like I need to. I will try and be nice.

Seeing that you were that GRI gunboat and that DHC transport, I got a few things to say.

First of all, you did not mention those GRI gunboats were actually solaris gunboats. We roleplayed with you in your solaris gunboat, of course we were bringing people for possible interaction which you highly refused to have, because you brought second gunboat on 3 snubs. As we were roleplaying with the first GRI gunboat, there was one [MQS] ship, after which second appeared and Roleplayed as well. We were all roleplaying very nice, and I don't see why you hate that roleplay. Second GRI solaris gunboat as well as third [MQS] ship came in. We were hoping to see actual fighters there instead of gunboats, and we were not equipped to fight two solaris gunboats. However, mark this one, we roleplayed even more after the second GRI solaris gunboat came in. As we were roleplaying we were moving away because we didn't plan on fighting two solaris gunboats in three snubs (which weren't bombers).

Second, I saw you were the DHC- transported that I made a kudos because of the nice roleplay.
You can't blame [MQS] for killing your transport. Why? Because clearly inRP we offered you two options. For Maquis being one of two legit terrorists ingame, we gave you so soft demands, and you refused to accept any of them. First demand was to drop all of the cargo and meet that freelancer. We don't want your ship to support any Crown ships and etc, which you should know about Maquis. Second demand was that you drop 1250 of gold ore (you have 5k) and leave gallia. You refused both of these demands and decided to run away after some good time of RP.

You're telling we outnumbered your transport. Yes we did, but tell me now how in the world are you supposed to defend yourself against one bomber in a 5ker without ANY GUNS. Two bombers destroyed you within 2 seconds, because we had stuff to do in Gallia and RP with other people.

Everything else you said was a complete lie. Why? You went to our officialdom request to rant us. Why? Because we destroyed your transport. Really? Yes.

I'm not telling lies here, everything I said was true compared to your words. You came here to rant [MQS] faction which is doing an excellent job. I can also tell that you don't like to see us succeeding, which is second reason why you came here.

Most important of all.
If you got anger issues, please don't express them upon anyone in the server, not only us. If you got killed, deal with it and continue. I also see that you don't understand ideology of Maquis. How we roleplayed with you was a failure. Why? Because inRP we were too nice. After all, transports decide about their vanity, if they want to get killed or survive with consequences.

Take a break when you get killed, expressing your anger here is just not right.

If you got anything else to add, add me on discord ~Chio#5220
We can have a discussion here. I don't want to react to your posts here anymore, because I know for sure you are angry for getting killed in your DHC- transport, which is your faulth. Wanna know why? Because that's what you got from the Roleplay you gave us.

Others explained here before me some stuff.
So please, add me on discord and don't use this officialdom request here to express your anger.

Normal people wish those who created officialdom good luck or give some constructive criticism, and you done none of that.

RE: [MQS] ~ The Maquis - Spectre - 05-15-2019

Have only had good encounters with this faction so far. The effort is clearly there, and it gives Gallia proper some activity it's needed since it became open.

Best of luck, gents. Kick 'em in the quad.