Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Remove Scanner Nerf?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Should we remove this?

Keep the Flames out
FLAMES!
[Image: 30-1870.jpg]

Don't really care.
Again, it raises the same issues of silent trader.

I have had one small thing about this.

Why not make the Spyglass and Battleship Scanner a different class, so that Transports and snubs cant use it while the GBs and higher vessels can use it. This reduces the load on the server, for the nerf part, as well as gives the trader, no option to use them whatsoever.

Since, a silent trader is always a silent trader. He doesnt need any guns if he still has access to Spyglass and BS scanners, and guns are anyway more or less useless in majority of the 5kers. So, he still continues to use it given the 10% core. So, the problem is still not solved.

Dont nerf the scanners. Make them a different class so that GBs and higher can only use them. Less work and load on the server. Also an end solution to the silent-trader drama.
Well i am talking about the Spyglass scanners on Bombers...
Sort of screws up Lane hacker RP
@ Snak3
[Image: Fire-Extinguisher.jpg]
(04-06-2014, 08:06 PM)Moriarty. Wrote: [ -> ]Why not make the Spyglass and Battleship Scanner a different class

Cause that's not technically possible at this point and implementing such idea would require a whole new FLHook plugin written exclusively for it from ground up. So to put it simple, every scanner falls under the same class and technerf (despite not being that good of an option) is unfortunately the only option we have for restricting use of such equipment at this point.
(04-06-2014, 08:08 PM)Freeroamer Wrote: [ -> ]Well i am talking about the Spyglass scanners on Bombers...
Sort of screws up Lane hacker RP

Spyglass Scanner was designed for Spyglass BATTLESHIP. I am sure, that such scanner array would not even fit onto small crafts.
What is the Spyglass?
0_O
(04-06-2014, 08:15 PM)Freeroamer Wrote: [ -> ]What is the Spyglass?
0_O

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Spyglass

And please, explain to me in a logical manner why Lane Hacker RP justifies the use of a scanner intended for an LN recon battleship or a standard battleship and just magically can be mounted on a bomber craft that is hardly a 16th~ of its power and size.
Well for the Sake of Hacker Rp.
We could have another scanner for the hackers?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7