Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How do we reduce player apathy/Leaving rates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
In the last month I been having problems with lag, 28% when there is only 20 people online. There is a problem of this gonna last?

I'm seriusly consider leave Confused
(04-17-2014, 04:25 PM)lIceColon Wrote: [ -> ]Everything should be balanced according to logic and realism

No.
I was walking around this thread for few days thinking on either to post or not to post but it's Friday today so crap with it, making it loose.

Well, now look at that - someone actually noticed there is a problem. At least a change since in before people were denying reality with courage claiming that there is no problem and everything is fine and all that jazz. But it wasn't fine and I won't make a big mistake if I'll tell you all that the problem is kind of old. My personal impression is that the actual roots of the problem are going down to even earlier times then 4.86. Somewhere in the last updates for 4.85 to be accurate.

The game is good until it makes you willing to play it however since then a long way was walked on to remove any motivation for the majority of old player base to look at server's direction. It's a way long list of changes that were met with anticipation. However the response to that was somewhere along the following lines: OLDFAGS, CANCER, TROLLS, BAN THEM ALL, YOU'RE PVPWHORES WHO DON'T CARE, BLA BLA

Of cause this was just some rant of players who were not able to play the old game well and wanted to change and shape it to fit their needs. However the old game was more attracting because of spoils and challenges it was providing and changing it to the state it is now in resulted in all spirit being ruined, a lot of old players who actually cared and played a lot being banned for 'trolling', which in fact was just inability of some player groups to hold the minor heat or tense, a lot off changes being pushed on by those very people who can't hold with any of what can be described as general fun from everyone and willing just some fun for themselves.

What can be done? Nothing in my pov. Point of no return has been crossed long ago.
It's the rules that make players leave. There's too many of them, not like in 85. 85 was the peak of the people's interest in Disco.
(04-18-2014, 09:28 AM)Ninefour Wrote: [ -> ]It's the rules that make players leave. There's too many of them, not like in 85. 85 was the peak of the people's interest in Disco.

You couldn't be more... wrong. The rules are now streamlined, clear an easy to understand.
Well I left because of the rules, the equipment/ship/ID thing to be more correct. Also faction relations, map changes (no more Hispanic brawls), ship adjustments, equipment slots, etc. etc. etc....

Quote:clear an easy to understand.

Rules have always been clear and easy to understand. The point is WHAT the particular rule is not allowing players to do.
Most of my friends I used to fly with are long gone, great people, had great fun with them. I tried to keep playing, ignoring the fact that the "good old times" will never come back. You can try as hard as you can, it won't be the same, unfortunately.

See you in Star Citizen.
You can try finding new friends.
(04-18-2014, 03:47 PM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]You can try finding new friends.

Maybe he did. Just not here.

Later Joachim.
(04-18-2014, 02:21 AM)Savas Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2014, 04:25 PM)lIceColon Wrote: [ -> ]Everything should be balanced according to logic and realism

No.

and this attitude.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18