Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How do we reduce player apathy/Leaving rates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(04-07-2014, 10:25 AM)Troyan12345 Wrote: [ -> ]Or you can merge some factions like the rogues and mollyes
Rogue Molly Alliance , Junker union ( galic junkers and normal ones )

This can be done inRP. With proper communications and interest of active factions.
It doesn't have to be a server side change.
The thing is that a lot of people want to rollback to old days like 4.85. The thing is that they forget is that you can't rollback the people and the general atmosphere.

Even if we'd rollback the server itself to 4.85, nothing would change besides the fact that some people would quit from this already shrinking community.
(04-07-2014, 10:31 AM)Pancakes Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is that a lot of people want to rollback to old days like 4.85. The thing is that they forget is that you can't rollback the people and the general atmosphere.

Even if we'd rollback the server itself to 4.85, nothing would change besides the fact that some people would quit from this already shrinking community.

Me being the first to do that. It can be a fruitful argument if 4.85 type GAMEPLAY is brought back after community's approval rather than a rollback which will leave many people in a surprised shock.
Ahhh you old people with 4.85. True it was the best time of disovery because of the player base but it had its quirks and the server was also down a lot
(04-07-2014, 10:42 AM)Troyan12345 Wrote: [ -> ]Ahhh you old people with 4.85. True it was the best time of disovery because of the player base but it had its quirks and the server was also down a lot

*wasn't me*
(04-07-2014, 10:42 AM)Troyan12345 Wrote: [ -> ]Ahhh you old people with 4.85. True it was the best time of disovery because of the player base but it had its quirks and the server was also down a lot

perhaps, but in change we didn't had this awful lag issue, to be honest. Still, knowing that the staff know what's the real problem behind all of this we just need to lend a hand or have patience... true that we didn't had lag issues in .85, but we didn't had the cool stuff we got in .86, and just arrived, i'm checking what offers this new one...
(04-07-2014, 10:31 AM)Pancakes Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is that a lot of people want to rollback to old days like 4.85. The thing is that they forget is that you can't rollback the people and the general atmosphere.

Not at all, I want to play discovery as I used to, without l a g s. As far as I know ( and I may be wrong here ) - 4.85 used the same server, so I doubt this is a server issue ( and germany are trustworthy when it comes to vpns/dedicated servers ) - so I don't know if this is a priority for the dev team to find the issue, but its killing activity. And I mean, formal activity, im not talking about silent tradings or any of that sort. You can't bring back the same mentality, I don't intend to - progress is a fact of life, but as so many people have mentioned, its not fun to have all these new "perks" if the lags are so terrible, and people are not playing it.
I'd like the admins to put out a post explaining that the lag isn't plugin related - it isn't, they've tested it, but that finding needs to be more visible to the community.
Okay am i the only one who dosent have lag issues when im playing ?
(04-07-2014, 01:03 PM)Achille Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like the admins to put out a post explaining that the lag isn't plugin related - it isn't, they've tested it, but that finding needs to be more visible to the community.

It has been visible enough for a good while already. You will always have your ignorant folk who are just not listening and keep saying "GIVE US 4.85 BACK IT HAD LESS LAG" without thinking about the real issue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18