Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How do we reduce player apathy/Leaving rates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
"156 users active in the past 15 minutes"

Why forumlancing and not in-game activity? The answer is simple: Lag and some other sh***ness with the new mods... Majority of people dislike it,cannot we change it?

Actually our population hasn't declined so much, but there's no activity in game. Reasons were said many times in previous replies.
go back to 4.85
The only thing that would make a big difference is:

A stable server without lag.
(04-07-2014, 08:32 PM)Tutashkha Wrote: [ -> ]Why forumlancing and not in-game activity? The answer is simple: Lag and some other sh***ness with the new mods... Majority of people dislike it,cannot we change it?
Reason why many things where not added in the past, to prevent lag and nonsense what doesn't add anything of significance. But hey.. that are my 2 cents.
Just stop it.
Stop posting useless threads.
(04-07-2014, 09:55 PM)Wizard. Wrote: [ -> ]Just stop it.
Stop posting useless threads.

Hey, man. Sometimes people need a place to vent. (and to feel somehow productive)
Personally, I really like the whole Gallic idea, and most of it's execution too. The reason I left the first time, in the end, was the stagnant trade routes. War stimulates an economy - this has been proven time and again. So why on earth (hur, hur) wouldn't we see prices on war materiel increasing in Bretonia, the house under siege? Raw resources and industrial materials becoming more needed in Kusari, the house trying to rebuild itself? I don't think hat the whole "Standardize the trade route productivity" thing is all that great a plan (maybe that's just me). If we have routes into certain areas set to a higher productivity, then we get more activity there, More activity: more RP, as people run into each other more often. And RP really is the lifeblood of Disco.
There's my rant on the subject.
some personal thoughts:

When i first started Discovery i did look for servers with the best ping.

i started playing like all beginners: trying to make some cash - havin no clue about the rules -
i developed - got invitations to factions - saw them going down - and coming up others

3 years after playing i had to register at forum - cause 1 of my bretonia dessies got banned for killing a p-train (wasnt allowed this time)
i read the rules and thought - wow really complicated - remember i already played 3 years

but it was a time you could see whos your enemie and who not - today its more complicated getting an answer about who is good and whos bad to you but you can have a look at the rephack chart

today you need a look at the tech chart finding out why your power is reduced to 80 %

you have to post / register at forum for a simple headhunt

sometimes it seems FL cant be played without Skype

this all leads to forumlancer - which really kills the game fun

ingame catastrophic things: JM - dock liberty pob's, hesians ask other (free) hesians not to kill a freighter cause its supplying their base, orders are just passing by some nomads which hunt other orders, many more things like these ...

ping: even with an excellent ping of 15, lag 0 %, loss 0 % the server seems to stop all 5-15 minutes to sync the client with the server - means you get a 3-5 second pit stop in the game without any chance to do something

changing these things may help to keep / increase players
Perhaps remove the commodities for nubs and make a pop-up screen when you start that says "Type /motd to view the server rules!" or something or another.

Remove the three noob commodities as no one really reads them.
How much do we need per month/year for a stable server?
i would create trade-hotspots...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18