Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Idea: Activity in Gallia.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
We all know that Gallia is (almost) inactive. But what do you expect?
The other houses and key systems are already on the starter's map.

Persons that do not know gallia exist will hardly even come there, so why not add gallia to the "start map"?
Inactivity of factions may be caused due to multiple problems. Primary the players loosing will to play begin to leave and sooner or later the faction remains with low number of members which barely logs in.

Sadly when it comes to a "House", like your thread about Gallia, it is far more complicated because the "roots" of the House "tree" are dead. In order to rejuvenate such a "tree" you need to begin with the lowest level of industry which will bring new miners, traders and then pirates and unlawfuls...leading to necessity of lawful forces. In the end you will have an activity for the whole House.

How can this be done in Gallia?
-Well I think if the devs create a very rare and super expensive mineral, able to be mined from Gallia only and traded inside Gallia and very few destinations outside - a lot of new miners aka players looking for "Credits" will go and work. This material/ore may be the primary source of Gallia's financial income, leading to the explanation of why Gallia had so much resources and money to build such a massive fleet.
-If this ore is so rare and profitable to trade with inside Gallia - its normal other Houses to also have interest of its qualities, leading to contraband, piracy (similar to QCP - pirating for a house benefit), real pirates and in the end traders (maybe kusari traders would be first one to officially been given access to trade with this ore, turning Kusari in a more active place).
-If you follow my points so far you will see a flow of players mining, trading and pirating each other. Then it comes the right time for GRP to interfere as well as GRN.

Some may say "its not good to bring activity by forcing players to mine this ore in order to get easy money". Well nobody would be forcing them to mine it...but if they go - the miners - the pirates will also follow, traders as well...and lawfuls in the end.

I dont know if others have proposed this but it may be something worth testing.
gallia is a lost cause, no point in spending any more effort on it. even if you have success with it (doubt it), those players will just be missing from elsewhere on the map.

sorry, but its true. Im not a "gallia-hater", I played there, and I do like Gallia - but there's just no room for Gallia itself in the already bloated mod.

so... let gallia be a pirate-free haven for silent powertraders* and let it exist primarily in roleplay, while playing gallic characters in Sirius.

*and on that note, maybe it's wise to not reveal the map so those traders have to put in at least a little bit of effort, or hopefully stay in other, more populated areas of the map.
(11-10-2014, 01:29 PM)FallenKnight Wrote: [ -> ]How can this be done in Gallia?
-Well I think if the devs create a very rare and super expensive mineral, able to be mined from Gallia only and traded inside Gallia and very few destinations outside
Multiple new commodities have been added with sale points exclusive only to Gallia. There are also scrap fields, which I recall been quite popular for a short amount of time, as far as I know it was a time when they were bugged to OPness.
- a lot of new miners aka players looking for "Credits" will go and work. This material/ore may be the primary source of Gallia's financial income, leading to the explanation of why Gallia had so much resources and money to build such a massive fleet.
Gallia had so much resources to build such a massive fleet only to have them almost expired by now, this near-expiration becoming the actual reason behind the Sirian conquest, although the Crown masked that as having revenge for millenia old betrayal. Resources of past doesn't really justify or explain a resource of present times, especially if those resources barely exist anymore.
-If this ore is so rare and profitable to trade with inside Gallia - its normal other Houses to also have interest of its qualities, leading to contraband, piracy (similar to QCP - pirating for a house benefit), real pirates and in the end traders (maybe kusari traders would be first one to officially been given access to trade with this ore, turning Kusari in a more active place).
Most of the commodities I mentioned above have decent buy points outside Sirius, scrap miners, JM, ALG been there already, were followed by Brigands for a shortwhile, Kusari is an ally and trade partner, and Gallia is still a favorite choice of the occasional powertrader wishing to earn their cash in relative peace.
-If you follow my points so far you will see a flow of players mining, trading and pirating each other. Then it comes the right time for GRP to interfere as well as GRN.

I'm not sure where you have been all this time, but the majority of what you suggested have been either attempted/done in some form already, or just doesn't seem to be a viable option.
Stop trying to make in-Gallia activity a thing. It will never again be a thing.

The mod barely has enough players to populate everywhere else.
At least the five houses need to be displayed on the map.
You know what Gallia needs?
An IDF owned Pob in Lyonnais or Languedoc, supplied by the gallic corps with the various commodities of interest for export, and receiving the goods brought from outsiders. A trade Hub that Gallic merchants could focus on, that the GRN and police had to defend from hostiles at home, and that would split the work between those playing Gallic factions in Gallia and those visiting the market without having to travel 4 more systems of player wasteland. Heck, I would build it, if I had the knowledge, the resources and time to do it.

Otherwise, #reducegallia
(11-11-2014, 01:27 AM)WPeregrine Wrote: [ -> ]You know what Gallia needs?
An IDF owned Pob in Lyonnais or Languedoc, supplied by the gallic corps with the various commodities of interest for export, and receiving the goods brought from outsiders. A trade Hub that Gallic merchants could focus on, that the GRN and police had to defend from hostiles at home, and that would split the work between those playing Gallic factions in Gallia and those visiting the market without having to travel 4 more systems of player wasteland. Heck, I would build it, if I had the knowledge, the resources and time to do it.

Otherwise, #reducegallia

There is a GMS POB already in Languedoc. Haven't seen much interest in it from others ever.
Need to advertise the mod and possibly distiribute the setup .img
I'll be having some smuggling though there soon. Hopefully that generates some fun Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7