Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: =LSF= Recruitment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Application

(( IC Information ))

* Name:
* Age:18 --would tell D.O.B but the subject has suffered from trauma, resulting in loss of memory from before and during the trauma--
* Sex:Male
* Previous Jobs:LPI officer, LPI swat team, bomber squadron (original --not the upholder bomber squadron--)
* Skills:fighter piloting, lane hacking (would be able to detect a lane hacker, and spike the hackers control systems, disabling the craft and rendering it unable to hack)
* Military History:Has not been involved in much fighting, as being a part of the LPI involves patrols, which rarely turn up anything. the few encounters he has been involved in, have been short, and he has only ever disabled craft, leaving his C/O to make the choice
* Place of Birth:Manhattan
* Department Interested in Joining:DHS, then DOI

Have you ever piloted a fighter/bomber craft? I have flown both. They are the standard vehicles for the LPI. I have not however, flown the new, 'Upholder' bomber class vehicle

Why do you wish to join the LSF? I wish to join the LSF to protect the citizens from the unknown dangers of liberty, as well as the known. I also wish to join to help keep some secrets

Do you have a criminal record, or have been in trouble with the Liberty law? If so, for what reasons?
I have never been in trouble with the law.

Do you have any skills, competences and/or personality traits that could be useful towards the LSF?
I am a competent pilot, have a temper, that will be good for interrogation (dont worry, i have taken anger management so i can hold myself back when the anger is not needed.), I also have skills in lane hacking, which could help me fight against the lane hackers that threaten our produce.

I was born on manhattan, in a nice little suburb. both my parents were traders. ever since i was two, i decided i wanted to become a pilot in the liberty navy. my parents decided to help me in this. when i was 15, my parents decided to buy me a nice little civilian fighter. a starflier. that old hunk'o'junk. my dad gave me training lessons every day, until he could no longer teach me due to 'lots of work' that was two months before my parents 'died'. their 'death' was horrific. they were attacked by a whole lotta rogues. the ship was destroyed, and my mum was badly charred. there was no sign of my father. i assumed he was disintegrated. that was 3 years ago. since then i succesfuly applied for the LPI, and have been in their services for 2 years. while there, i found records and video footage of the attack on my family. i studied it for weeks on end, then i found what i was subconsiously looking for. my father. he was not dead.he beamed aboard one of the LR ships just before our families craft was destroyed. i have also found my fathers alias, which is LR-Dreadblade. i have decided it is time i moved on to more important work, and onto one of the jobs i always wanted. I also decided that if i was to keep my secrets safe, i would need to join a force that keeps the same secret.

OORP part
(( OOC Information))

* Ingame names:LPI Paul rogekeller, LPI paul rogekeller[H]
* Skype/Xfire username:LH-Jaws don't worry, i dont run with them anymore, and the character is deleted.
* Join Date on discovery server (and forum if you had an older account):cannot remember, over a year ago
* Timezone: GMT

How long have you been playing freelancer?
over a year,minimum

How much do you know about the RP of the LSF?
I know that they are the main reconassaince force for the LN, they are the people who deal with criminals who escape liberty, they are the special agents who uphold law in liberty, and they are guards at Z21

What should an LSF member do (Tasks, RP style, etc)? Guard Z21, patrol liberty, go on reconnaisance missions to other sectors when asked by the leader of the liberty navy, and take out high priority criminals.

Have you read AND understood the server rules of discovery?
yes and yes.
Have you ever been sanctioned or banned for violating a server rule in the last 6 months? please provide links to the treads if so.
No. I have not broken any rules either, before you quetion me on that.

Will you agree to uphold the server rules at all time on your =LSF= characters?
I agree to uphold the server rules and the laws of liberty at all time while on my Liberty Security Force characters.

Do you understand that violation of these rules could result in your removal from the LSF, depending on the rule broken?
I understand, and if i planned to break the rules, i would not have applied in the first place.
Do you agree to respect all players on the server, admins, and members of this faction?
I will respect all, though i will respect some less due to their alleigences and whether they are breaking the rules.

Please state 3 rules from Section 2, Section 3, and Section 5 of the discovery server rules in your own words if possible. (sometime better wording is impossible, we know that)

2.1 cheating is not allowed. this includes using any other mod or cheat, except a global server list mod, changing account information and changing gameplay, using any equipment that you would not normally be able to buy or loot, using equipment above the ships specifications, and farming money off of new characters. The normal discovery limit is 350, which is only allowed to be broken when catching up to a group in formation.

2.3 attempting to hack server(gain unauthorized access to a remote PC, and modifying server in any way), whether successful or unsuccessful, will result in permanent and immeditate ban from server and forum, on your account

2.4 attempts to hack will result in immediate and permanent ban from server and forums.

3.1 using any language that could be considered harmful to another, is not allowed, with a minimum sanction of a 7 day ban

3.2 flaming,threats, and insulting in any shape or form, is not allowed on server, with a minimum ban of 14 days, however, RP threats and insults are allowed (e.g a xeener calling the LN a bunch of fascist pigs, or threatening to attack if certain demands are not met)

3.3 English is the ONLY language to be used in public chat. the only time you can use a different language is in a private chat, and all participants know the language being used.

5.2 If a player is attacked(sheilds drained below 50%, hull damage, or cruise disruptor fired), he can freely attack back in self defence. intentionally ramming a large ship is also considered an attack.

5.3 attacking characters of level 29 and below is not allowed, unless they have a non civilian ID on board, and/or a CODENAME weapon.

5.6 engaging cruise engine, or docking, is considered fleeing. the fleeing player must leave, and mey not return to th system the fight occured in on any of the characters on his account, for 4 hours, while the enemy(ies) remain in the system.

Will you be active at least once a week?
Yes, unless i lose my internet connection.
On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate your fighting skills?
I would rate my flying skills as a 6, as i have fought, and trained, and survived attacks before.
On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate your in-game Role-playing skills?
6, as i am not one of the best RPers.
' Wrote:Alex Wolf,

As your application lacks an enormous amount of information and is extremely ...may I say... Weird. We are forced the refuse your application. I could even recommend you to go in detoxification.

Sorry,
David Copperfield

(//too much oorp stuff, questions are badly answered, sorry. Better for you to stay as an independent player for some time till you get the ropes. Once you know how the place run, you can reapply.)

Mr. Nivek,

We are glad to inform you that your application was reviewed and accepted by our pairs. You are now a member of the LSF, welcome aboard. Please contact us privately (PM or private forums) so we can assign you a new ship and give you the appropriate Idents and such.

Good luck,
David Copperfield

(//instruction to build an LSF char quicker when there is no other LSF players online (This will save some time for everyone, and beware that fixing your rep may take more than 2 hours):
  1. Create your character with the tag EX: =LSF=Firstname.Lastname or =LSF=Lastname
  2. Grab a recruit ID on the station you are
  3. Get an Avenger(on Mississippi or a Guardian(on Missouri) (if you don't have the money, tell me, I'll transfer it)
  4. Equip yourself with a good shield and some guns if you can.
  5. Now, once your ship is ready enough to do missions, go into the station bar and Abort as much LN and LPI missions as you can (relog when there is no more missions). This will prevent you from getting stuck with LN/LPI tag (most LN missions are on Battleships).
  6. Once your rep with both is lower enough, Try to do some LSF missions. If you can't, Go kill some Lane Hacker in Magellan (don't kill Xenos, it will mess up your rep) until the LSF turn white. NOTE: Always check to make sure LPI and LN don't go too green, if they do, abort missions again.
  7. When you are done with all this, I will give you other instructions and we will make your rep go up faster.
((LSF rep is quite very hard to achieve, I gotta find a solution to that...))

Do you know how to say euphemisums!?!?! Now im insulted by "...weird..." and detoxification. I freaking did the exact same thing for another application, and i just need more time on the server. What u said was really outa line and rude. Screw LSF-If the leader is a jerk, then im not going t server under som1 who ill shoot in the middle of a battle. Learn to say things nicely.

-Alex Wolf, offically PISSED OFF, out.
Alex Wolf,

Sorry for your disappointment, but that is probably the nicest way Mr. Copperfield can put it. Your application went under immediate review after it was sent to my secure comms. It was reviewed by more then just the Director. We have all came to the conclusion that there was a lack of information within the application, and a few things we just didn't understand. One of the key things that was looked upon was your mother being in the Order. As you may know, we do not like the Order one bit. Although you may not be affiliated with the Order, your mother is. That alone can provide a big security risk to the whole team. Remember, Mothers know everything. There is no hiding information from them.

Of course there was a bit more that was critiqued, but unfortunately the application is now buried in the vaults for good and probably wont be looked upon again.

Sincerely,
Rigo Yamakachi

//OOC: It was a joint decision by a few of us. There was alot of things we really didn't think would apply to a inRP application, like "Why do you wish to join the LSF? HELL YEAH" and "Military History: RP: none. SP: rarely got blown up (reg FL too)" Remember the application is strictly in RP except for the OOC section. Unfortunately there was just too many things that didn't add up on it. Again, Sorry for the disappointment. Oh one more thing, there was no need to flame Kingvalliant. His post was in complete RP, and most applications like this that doesn't add up, he suspects cardamine usage. So don't take any personal offense to it
' Wrote:Alex Wolf,

Sorry for your disappointment, but that is probably the nicest way Mr. Copperfield can put it. Your application went under immediate review after it was sent to my secure comms. It was reviewed by more then just the Director. We have all came to the conclusion that there was a lack of information within the application, and a few things we just didn't understand. One of the key things that was looked upon was your mother being in the Order. As you may know, we do not like the Order one bit. Although you may not be affiliated with the Order, your mother is. That alone can provide a big security risk to the whole team. Remember, Mothers know everything. There is no hiding information from them.
Of course there was a bit more that was critiqued, but unfortunately the application is now buried in the vaults for good and probably wont be looked upon again.
Sincerely,
Rigo Yamakachi
//OOC: It was a joint decision by a few of us. There was alot of things we really didn't think would apply to a inRP application, like "Why do you wish to join the LSF? HELL YEAH" and "Military History: RP: none. SP: rarely got blown up (reg FL too)" Remember the application is strictly in RP except for the OOC section. Unfortunately there was just too many things that didn't add up on it. Again, Sorry for the disappointment. Oh one more thing, there was no need to flame Kingvalliant. His post was in complete RP, and most applications like this that doesn't add up, he suspects cardamine usage. So don't take any personal offense to it

1) if ya read it, u would know mom was KIA. K.I.FRICKIN.A. And cardimine is retarded, it should only be used as NOTHING. Gosh, I misread a section. Big deal. U couldnt just say rejected. Learn more and try again? That so hard? Man. No wonder I like SwissScorch better. He was nicer when I applied and he told me to learn more in a NICER WAY. Maybe just asking for more info and asking for more time on the RP and I wouldnt be pissed off at Copperfield for his accusations for cardimine usage. Gosh, I want to burn the cardimine users for heavens sake!

Darkflight,

You application has been reviewed and I am glad to tell you that you have been accepted. Welcome to the =LSF=! Contact us privately so we can sort your ship out( PM me or kingvalliant or goto secure comms) Make sure you obtain your access codes for the secure comms so we can give you appropriate permissions.

Sincerely,

Rigo Yamakachi

' Wrote:(//instruction to build an LSF char quicker when there is no other LSF players online (This will save some time for everyone, and beware that fixing your rep may take more than 2 hours):
  1. Create your character with the tag EX: =LSF=Firstname.Lastname or =LSF=Lastname
  2. Grab a recruit ID on the station you are
  3. Get an Avenger(on Mississippi or a Guardian(on Missouri) (if you don't have the money, tell me, I'll transfer it)
  4. Equip yourself with a good shield and some guns if you can.
  5. Now, once your ship is ready enough to do missions, go into the station bar and Abort as much LN and LPI missions as you can (relog when there is no more missions). This will prevent you from getting stuck with LN/LPI tag (most LN missions are on Battleships).
  6. Once your rep with both is lower enough, Try to do some LSF missions. If you can't, Go kill some Lane Hacker in Magellan (don't kill Xenos, it will mess up your rep) until the LSF turn white. NOTE: Always check to make sure LPI and LN don't go too green, if they do, abort missions again.
  7. When you are done with all this, I will give you other instructions and we will make your rep go up faster.
((LSF rep is quite very hard to achieve, I gotta find a solution to that...))
Incoming Transmission . . .
=LSF= | Liberty Security Force Application | processing 92% . . .
Transmission Received . . .

[color=#66FFFF](( IC Information ))

* Name: Dawn Solarus
* Date Of Birth:Unknown
* Sex:Male
* Previous Jobs:Libertonian Secretive, helping with the justice, without being detected by anyone.
* Skills: Fighter/Bomber Ace Pilot, Special forces combat skills and programming computer expertise.

* Military History:Many fights with all unlawful influences in Liberty and Sirius, undetected.
* Place of Birth:Philadelphia Station, Pennysylvania
* Department Interested in Joining:Department of Homeland Security. [DHS].

All questions below must be answered, in order for your application to be considered.

Have you ever piloted a fighter/bomber craft?
Always, My primary and best skills lie within those two criteria of ships.

Why do you wish to join the LSF?I find it a very interesting and secretive security section associated with the Liberty authorities, it seems an elite squadron to me and a place where my skills can be put to the test and into action.

Do you have a criminal record, or have been in trouble with the Liberty law? If so, for what reasons?
None apart from keeping all my files and profiles secret from everyone even the authorities themselves, no records will be found over me anywhere.

Do you have any skills, competences and/or personality traits that could be useful towards the LSF?
My skills of programming and computer expertise and piloting skills can be used very efficiently in the LSF for ship tech and defense of our data and against other pilots in dogfights.

Tell us about yourself, that wasn't already put on the application so far. (//short bio of the character, minimum 2-3 lines)
I was born in Philadelphia Station, Pennysylvania, I have no news of my paretns which I never got to meet, they abandonded me and I was raised until the age of 15 by a Communications officer by the name of 'John Reece', at the age of 15 I had learned alot about computers, communications and piloting testing out the small prototypes at times. I then one day began my best and only ever crime, I hacked the computers removing files and information about me off the face of Sirius and flew in a prototype defender to Manhatten where I am reporting from now at the age of 20. I have purchased my own ship and am awaiting this job, till now I remain in secret. I am about 6'0 in height and of an average/athletic build. Blonde medium lengthed hair, and have blue eyes.

More questions will be asked to you, during your interview. If this application is approved, you will be put in our AIT ( agent in training) course for two weeks, where we will determine if you're fit to be a agent in the LSF.

OORP part
(( OOC Information))

* Ingame names:{SOB}Crysis[E], Dawn.Star, Seraphin.M[L`Dubois]
* Skype/Xfire username:Crysis/{SOB}Crysis[E]
* Join Date on discovery server (and forum if you had an older account): Mar 17 2009, 08:37 PM
* Timezone:GMT+2 if im correct.

How long have you been playing freelancer?I have been playing freelancer many years on the TNG mod and stopped for 2years after playing for 3. I started on Discovery a month ago tomorrow. Experienced, know my game and discovery.

I know it has different branches and is the 'elite' sector of the Liberty Authorities having great pilots and aiding out/capturing unlawfuls, trouble makers and pirates throughout. They refer to a secret agents who uphold all who criminals who escape liberty and help deal with them also.

What should an LSF member do (Tasks, RP style, etc)?
Catch and detain/keep in custody wanted criminals, criminals who escape liberty authorities, patrol their areas such as prisons in Alaska, Z21 and aid the authorities. They will be found at Alaska, their home system of Ellesmere and on patrols in their zone of influence.

Have you read AND understood the server rules of discovery?Yes.

Have you ever been sanctioned or banned for violating a server rule in the last 6 months? please provide links to the treads if so.:
No!

Will you agree to uphold the server rules at all time on your =LSF= characters?At all times! Hate OORP/OOC and people against rules ingame.

Do you understand that violation of these rules could result in your removal from the LSF, depending on the rule broken?Affirmative, 10-4.

Do you agree to respect all players on the server, admins, and members of this faction?
Already do.

Please state 3 rules from Section 2, Section 3, and Section 5 of the discovery server rules in your own words if possible. (sometime better wording is impossible, we know that)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.1 - All the actions listed under rule 2.1 are considered hacking and cheating and will not be tolerated by the admins or moderators [Including 2.2] it may result in a two months ban or a lifetime ban.

2.3 - Attempts to hack and or access server files/accounts will not be tolerated and you will be banned from the server, your accounts will also be banned aswell as your access to view forums and you will be blocked from the server.

2.4 - Any attempts or threats to hack servers or anything such as forums relating to discovery 24/7 RP server will not be tolerated and result in a permanent ban.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.1 - Abusive and or insultive language or threats are prohibited and will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Ingame and on the Forums.

3.2 - Insults and threats to any player,admin, faction or anything ingame or on the forums is prohibited, not tolerated and will result in a 14day ban/suspension, RP-related threats are acceptable though.

3.5 - The ability or threat to sanction is not to be mentioned by any player and is prohibited as well as trying to 'imposter' an admin and use his name without permission is not allowed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.1 - Connecticut is a RP free and server pvp rule free zone/system, you are not obliged to RP or follow rules of engagement unless an event is taking place.

5.2 - If a player is engaged he has the right to fight back regardless of who attacks. No restrictions apply to self defense.

5.8 - A player killed in a PvP fight must not enter the system where the enemy who killed him/her is or re engage that player for 4hours on that character or any character or accounts the person may have.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will you be active at least once a week?All week nearly.

Fighter 8-9/10, You decide. Bomber, 8-9/10 Once again, you decide.

On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate your in-game Role-playing skills?9-10/10 I see myself a great Roleplayer in any faction or form.

[color=#CC0000]Closing File . . .
Ending Transmission . . .
Transmission Commensing:
Source: Unknown:

* Name: Julia Wolfe
* Sex: Female
* Previous Jobs: Freelance Bounty Hunter, Indpendtant trader, Freelance undercover agent for the LSF
* Skills: Interception, diplomacy
* Military History: Breif tour of duty with the Navy (//not the faction)
* Place of Birth: Freeport 9 - California disent
* Department Interested in Joining: Department of Homeland Security

Have you ever piloted a fighter/bomber craft?
Yes to both

Why do you wish to join the LSF?
Because I wish to make a difference and help to improve security of Liberty

No

I am a patient pilot, can hold my own in combat and can intercept criminals efficiently

About me:
I was born on Freeport 9 and lived most of my childhood on a transport ship while my parents ran scientists back and forth to various research stations. It didn't pay much but it kept the family fed and clothed.

When my father retired and settled down on his home Planet Los Angelas, he sold his rusty old ship and gave me half of it so she could get out on my own.

I joined the academy in the Liberty Navy and became a pilot for a Navy Destroyer. I was well respected amongst my peers and earned the rank of lieutenant with honours.
After my tour of duty was over I bought a fighter with my fathers inheritance and took up freelance bounty hunting.

This is when my life changed.....

After various successful small bounties, I took up a high bounty on a criminal operating near my "home" in Omicron Theta, it was a Corsair. He was a coward and also had alot of friends. I got shot up and managed to escape to the protection of Freeport 9, my vessel badly damaged. I sold it for scrap and took a transport to Manhattan and acquired a small transport ship of my own.

After a long time trading, I got an encoded transmission from the LSF, they wanted her to work in secret, gathering intelligence and assisting Liberty Forces against piracy and law breakers.

OORP part
(( OOC Information))

* Ingame names: Agent.Julia.Wolfe/Clarion's.Call/Rommie
* Skype/Xfire username: r4yne - xfire
* Join Date on discovery server (and forum if you had an older account): 1st march 2009
* Timezone: GMT 0

How long have you been playing freelancer?
Played since release with a break of a few years

Very little if I am honest

What should an LSF member do (Tasks, RP style, etc)?
Defend liberty, arrest criminals and enforce the embargo

Have you read AND understood the server rules of discovery?
yes

Have you ever been sanctioned or banned for violating a server rule in the last 6 months? please provide links to the treads if so.
No

Will you agree to uphold the server rules at all time on your =LSF= characters?
I do and also I do on any charcter

Do you understand that violation of these rules could result in your removal from the LSF, depending on the rule broken?
Yes

Yes

Section 2: Hacking is not allowed and can get you a perminant ban

Section 3: Flaming and swearing can get you a ban and fine

Section 5: If you are attacked you can defend yourself, also you must engage in some form of RP b4 you attack

Will you be active at least once a week?
Yes

8/10

On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate your in-game Role-playing skills?
9/10

Transmission Terminated:
Trace Incomplete:
Dawn Solarus and Julia Wolfe,

your applications have been forwarded to our offices for further review so we may give you accurate responses in the following days.

Good luck,
David Copperfield

----

<strike>Julia Wolfe,

we cannot process your application as some information appear to be missing. Please fill the app sheet again and leave no fields blank.

regards,
David Copperfield</strike> ((/seems like your post was edited to add the missing parts))

EDITED
Incoming Transmission:

Dear Mr Copperfield

I am enquiring as to whether the edited version is sufficient

Transmission terminated:
Transmission Commencing:
Source: Fort Bush:

Agent Wolfe here, I do hope you recieved my application. I am chasing up the progess of it as I have yet to hear anything from you. Over and out....

Transmission Terminated: