Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can we remove the filters please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
They're really not funny, not unless you're 12 years old. I legitimately want to write a story about c-ancer but can't because the idiotic filter will completly remove all mention of an element that will be central to the character and story. I feel so sorry for authors who write stories and make comms and their effort is crapped all over by a staff inside joke that literally the rest of the community does not find amusing. Or those who want to write a story, but can't because of the filter.

Staff, if you care at all for the roleplay in this community, please remove the filter.
cancer

Code:
[color=#FFFFFF]ca[/color][color=#FFFFFF]ncer[/color]

I just did it and bi-passed the filter. 2 seconds.
All you need is some code to hide between the letters.
You can also just write an open and closed [ __ ] thing in between the word.

cancer

Code:
can[b][/b]cer
And interesting way of bypassing it, but the fact that it's still filtered in the first place is dumb. Hell I'd even prefer stars than it being filtered to a completly different word.
I guess, but that is something different than stating it ruins RP and admins don't care about RP.
It can be bi-passed with just easily writing [b|] and /b] next to each other in the middle of the word and writing that for the RP is just an extra 7 characters. No big deal.

Honestly this argument is exaggerated.
It is not -so- bad.

I get that it is annoying but you can fix it yourself in your RP with 7 characters in the middle of the word. No problem.

Edit: I agree though to put stars instead of meme-words because then you can see which word is banned from the forums without re-reading all RP.
A new player will not know we ban the word: salt .
The filters were added because of actions made by the community, a small reminder.
[Image: plgFKBT.png]
The irony is strong with this one.
(03-02-2016, 01:53 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]The filters were added because of staff decision.

Fixed that for you.
If it were possible to remove filters from specific forum sections that would be preferable.
I am not against removing the filters. The are useless because of the ease to bi-pass them.
Everyone knows what you mean when you say it even. Not rocket science here.

On the other hand if they wont remove it then you can revert to using the method I suggested.
I find it funny that you want to remove filters yet in your faction monthly report thingy you want #deletecore added to the filter

Can't have both, so which do you want
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5