Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What's with the OORP hate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Username removed

Firstly: If this is not the right place to post this, please move it wherever it belongs.

Now:

I have wrote gory stories about Redfire in the past and they were OK, no problems have come out of them, ever.

Not once has someone removed any content that I wrote, or said it was too disturbing or unfit for this community until the event with the Hessians, where I called them out for what happened in Stuttgart.

Suddenly my story gets removed for being too graphic/abusive/whatever.

Interestingly, at least two of the people who wanted my story gone were in the RHA.

I've also been accused of metagaming, an accusation that was soon after withdrawn.

Now an admin asked me in private message to remove my avatar because it is too "creepy and bloody".

Just in case it disappears like my story: it is a troll face with vampire teeth and red drawn around them in paint.

I have had this avatar for quite some time and no one had any problems with it.

Before the event with the Hessians, no one had any trouble with my content.

After the event, a generic trollface meme with vampire teeth and red lines drawn in paint is considered too disturbing for the community, while some members have more graphic avatars.

Up until this point, I have never judged, accused or otherwise tried to paint an individual in this community in a bad light.

What I HAVE done, is calling the Hessian CHARACTERS out, IN CHARACTER, IN ROLEPLAY, during INGAME INTERRACTION.

Even the story that got removed was about Hessian CHARACTERS, NOT actual players as certain people tried to insinuate.

After that, this stuff starts to happen.

What am I to make out of this other than that now some people have a certain OORP dislike towards me as a person and not an ingame character?

EDIT: Screenshot of the email: http://imgur.com/AKXDTDD

Is my avatar -seriously- so disturbing? I'd rather hear what the community has to say.
I find it disturbing, yes.
You already know my position but ill say publicly.

I do not find you avatar disturbing.
I do not really find it disturbing, but most certainly unsettling.
And when it comes to what you can say and can not say, you always gotta consider, there's youngsters in the community.
The minimum age to play Freelancer is 12, so keeping the content of Discovery - Forum *and* ingame - in that age range is quite important.
That's actually a very nice avatar, at least by my taste. But have in mind that I RP my Hessian even more gorily than anything you have done. I did it in front of an admin once too. Didn't get any warnings, maybe just because we're friends.
It's not a very aesthetic avatar as far as I'm concerned. I mostly block those with adblock, yours is on the list.

Dun care anymore.
If you were being told to remove it, then do so. I personally find your avatar ugly.
As for the story that got removed well... don't do that again.
Only one way to find out for sure!

EDIT: Science has confirmed it!
[Image: yesitis.png]

So yeah, it seems the image is indeed the issue. Question answered, we can close the thread now?
Oh. Cool. It tacks my name on it. Didn't think MyBB did that through the warning system.
The image itself isn't morbid to the degree that it 'needs' to go away. If so, it'd have been removed by one of the staff members and you'd get a memo about it afterwards.
Though as some users up above have mentioned, it might be found a little unsettling by some people. - Not everyone has the know-how to block certain images from appearing on the forums.

As a quick note for the first post - I don't really know very much about you as a person. I don't hate you in any way or form.
(09-20-2016, 05:39 PM)King Boo Wrote: [ -> ]Though as some people up above have mentioned, it might be found a little unsettling by some people. - Not everyone has the know-how to block certain images from appearing on the forums.
or on phones/tablets, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7