Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty Police, Inc. Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(08-12-2015, 06:49 PM)The Liberty Rogues Wrote: [ -> ]LPI have real reasons for attacking the rogues.

this.

We discourage pilots from attacking unlawfuls on sight until they actually break the law, but in cases where its obvious that they are about to its up to the individual officer's discretion. (sitting next to a trade lane or jump gate for example)
Hi there, quick question from the crowd

I see that Tal is now in LPI leader blue but Neonbunny as well, does LPI have a new chief?
Tal is in charge now. Help as all (:
Four 'Active', Over a day of activity.

Would love to see ya guys out some more. Get some RP rollin' maybe. Who knows, but I would like to see more LPI out in Liberty, and not just the occasional 'I logged but nothing is happening so I'm going to leave for something else.'

Anyway I think I just activated a gravedig. The wake turbulence might choke anyone who might come in after me with dust.
Dear LPI.

Hi.

I am a person that enjoys flying various Indie characters because there is either no official faction for said group, or the official faction is doing something different from the Generic one.

Please teach your indies common sense. I was on a Xeno indie, and an officer stopped me, and ordered me to leave Liberty. Conveniently enough, that's exactly where I was going too, out to Hudson. So I said to this indie, that's what I was doing. And that he had interrupted just that. So I prepped my cruise and prepared to take off to resume my journey. Whereupon I was Cruise Disrupted, and had the nearby trade lane shot out from underneath me.

I asked the officer just what he was doing, and he said that he had had enough of me, and proceeded to open fire.

Thank You.
While I am not a member of LPI, I can speak from experience as someone who's dealt with leading a faction with a significant indie presence.

LPI has, realistically, no control over indies. In the moment, the 1iC and 2iC of LPI can use Faction Right 2 to keep indies from shooting someone that they shouldn't (like LN, or something), and they can also do that over the long term backed up with FR5 (I've done this in the past.) However, this doesn't cover things like, say, roleplaying with a manner of diligence or even quality - at the end of the day, you have to realize that one of the "perks" of being an indie is that you have no standards. All you have to do is follow the rules and the baseline NPC lore of the faction you're representing, if you're representing one at all.

Thus, realistically, there's little that anyone in LPI can do to help you, because while the roleplay may be far from the quality you expected, it's also an indie. Indies, and especially Liberty indies, have a...certain reputation for a reason.
I want to ask why you guys recently started FR5ing smugglers even in situations when it´s their first documented violation and on top of that is based on third party evidence without any lawful even having interaction with some of these players ingame (and I am not mentioning incredibly short times given to response on fining notice in some cases).

This attitude is wrong and detrimental. You are killing source of activity not only for yourself, but for all police factions and lawfuls in general. Do you really want to kill smuggling as ingame activity? Considering that chasing smugglers is one of the main things that makes police factions appealing, it is really worrying. FR5 should be last resort for serious troublemakers, not your first choice.

As a police faction player myself and former long-term RFP| leader, I seriously want to ask you to reconsider this policy.
(11-14-2016, 11:18 AM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]I want to ask why you guys recently started FR5ing smugglers even in situations when it´s their first documented violation and on top of that is based on third party evidence without any lawful even having interaction with some of these players ingame (and I am not mentioning incredibly short times given to response on fining notice in some cases).

This attitude is wrong and detrimental. You are killing source of activity not only for yourself, but for all police factions and lawfuls in general. Do you really want to kill smuggling as ingame activity? Considering that chasing smugglers is one of the main things that makes police factions appealing, it is really worrying. FR5 should be last resort for serious troublemakers, not your first choice.

As a police faction player myself and former long-term RFP| leader, I seriously want to ask you to reconsider this policy.

LPI has been doing this for years, FR5ing at the first offence of smugglers. Why is it suddenly a problem? If somebody is caught bringing in extremely large amounts of drugs and illegal shiny rocks, you would expect the cops to be like "ok you're a bad guy you can't come here anymore". And it's a more effective tactic than years of countless "pay this fine" threads that everybody ignores

note: i do not represent the views or policies of lpi or their leadership, it's my personal opinion and is not meant to be an official lpi response
(11-14-2016, 05:47 PM)Reid Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2016, 11:18 AM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]I want to ask why you guys recently started FR5ing smugglers even in situations when it´s their first documented violation and on top of that is based on third party evidence without any lawful even having interaction with some of these players ingame (and I am not mentioning incredibly short times given to response on fining notice in some cases).

LPI has been doing this for years, FR5ing at the first offence of smugglers. Why is it suddenly a problem? If somebody is caught bringing in extremely large amounts of drugs and illegal shiny rocks, you would expect the cops to be like "ok you're a bad guy you can't come here anymore". And it's a more effective tactic than years of countless "pay this fine" threads that everybody ignores

note: i do not represent the views or policies of lpi or their leadership, it's my personal opinion and is not meant to be an official lpi response

The point is they shouldn't -want- to decrease the smuggler activity, they should want it to be as high as possible so to have reasons to log.

Pay the fine makes credits and is co-mutually useful. It serves the wrist-slap function.

Blocking off somebody from a sell point is just an a-hole move.
Remember the time when Bommel as RFP| leader handed out FR5's? It was quite counter productive for RFP|, thus why refrained from doing so after I took up leadership.

Well, what Laura wants to say is, that using FR5 on smuggler's first offense might lead to LPI shooting themselves into the knee because, it will give you less reason to log ingame.
Oh, that smuggler got away? Well, issue a fine on forums. If you see him ingame next time, stop him and let him pay the outstanding fine. And I know you can make sure he does not dock on any lawful station because of the official ID flhook coomand.

Hey, after all it is your decision though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31