Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty Police, Inc. Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(04-18-2020, 10:17 PM)The Sovereign Wrote: [ -> ]All roleplay and fun aside, you need to consider that if it is a sanctionable offense to make unreasonable demands, how is 20 million a reasonable demand for a person not stopping, especially considering a long past of friendliness and working arrangements.

You can ponder if telling someone to fuck off is more sanctionable offense than issuing a fine for two broken laws. Just as refusal to comply and willing choice to insult officer on scene, there is a willing choice to issue a fine through roleplay. Using this line of logic, you are on a thin line of using rules as shield and sword as well as threatening someone to get sanctioned.

Twenty millions seems like a drop in an ocean for a freelancer organisation capable of having a POB/derelict.

And to all those people who enjoy participating in an attempt to tear Kalh apart for a genuine roleplay despite having absolutely no participation in the events, you should probably go away and have a meaningful and relaxing activity.

People like who talk as if they are against bullying others but keep bullying anyone they don't like every time they can, should pack up things and leave this community.
ruby hydra is not grumble's char, but chuba's
(04-19-2020, 10:24 AM)Chronicron Wrote: [ -> ]ruby hydra is not grumble's char, but chuba's

I wouldn't know because I don't keep track of who play what, but at the same time it is irrelevant when this quote is here to be seen. Person who enjoys bullying others, is talking as if upkeeping laws is bullying. It's ironic.

(04-18-2020, 10:48 PM)Grumblesaur Wrote: [ -> ]The trend of lawfuls levying huge fines and requiring large fees for operations conducted in their space is and always has been a way of 1) bullying players who don't have every line of every house's laws memorized, 2) minimizing unlawful play by making all risk disproportionately high to their reward (thus minimizing the amount of actual law enforcement the lawful players have to do) and 3) accumulating wealth without having to play as a trader, miner, or smuggler and undertake the consequent risks of those roles.

Your fines (and the fines of other lawful factions) might not be against the rules, Kahlmera, but they undermine the entire spirit of the mod and server. You are complicit in a trend that is detrimental to the game environment.
What I'm about to comment on isn't only an LPI issue, its something that also appears to be widespread in certain Liberty lawful factions and thereby Libgov, or more generally in positions of "pixel power" (from OF leaders to moderators to admins to devs), which people with the described mindset tend to be drawn to.

It manifests itself in the following quotes:

(04-18-2020, 10:45 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: [ -> ]Its called role play.

(04-18-2020, 11:03 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: [ -> ]Actions have consequenecs,

(04-19-2020, 12:01 AM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]a faction feedback thread is required
responding in any meaningful way isn't

(04-19-2020, 01:22 AM)Hemlocke Wrote: [ -> ]people mad that inRP consequences for bad mouthing authority is a thing,

(04-19-2020, 01:22 AM)Hemlocke Wrote: [ -> ]Keep b*tching on the forum about how someone else runs a faction that you don't even care about instead of populating the server, i'm sure it'll all work out in the end.

(04-19-2020, 03:33 AM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer to enforce them with destruction. It's only a million or so in ammo for the dead person, and I get something worth far, far more than money.

(04-19-2020, 03:03 AM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]Stop for ten seconds to let the officer do their little roleplay scan, or get shat upon for not being able to contain your autism for ten seconds.

(04-19-2020, 03:03 AM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]Obey the laws, pay your traffic violation fine (wow 20 million!), or don't play in Liberty.

(04-19-2020, 09:55 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]you should probably go away and have a meaningful and relaxing activity.

(04-19-2020, 09:55 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]should pack up things and leave this community.

It's the mindset of "I can do bad stuff to you so you better be nice to me or else", that is often masked as "RP consequences" or "you brought this on yourself", and the desire to eliminate all those who challenge mah authoritaw.

It also appears as if some of the people who follow this kind of logic don't have the slightest clue that it is in fact very abusive and harmful, possibly because that's just the kind of environment they grew up in (and disco has been such an environment). Some of them appear to take pleasure in it despite knowing that it's abusive (or not despite but because of it). I could give names for the 2 categories (for both sides of this particular argument in fact) but hey there's no point in it.

Just saying that this is a very broad issue in disco and there needs to be better guidance in the form of code of conducts for staff and "official leaders", for the people who genuinely don't understand what they're doing wrong because of reasons. And to keep those who do it fully knowing what they're doing in check.
Always so confused.

It's like this. Lawful factions won't tell you what to do. The decisions you make are on you and yours alone to bear responsibility for. The only thing that matters for Lawful Factions is law.

Lawful factions don't care who you are or what you do. You simply have to respect their laws and you're fine. The moment you break these laws expect consequences varying from light to heavy. And it's just that simple.

Go ahead do whatever you want, no one is going to tell you what to roleplay as or to not roleplay as. But just be ready to bear consequences for whatever decisions you make and absolutely -no one- is exempt from this.

If you have trouble understanding that, I don't know what to tell you. Keep posting here and maybe bitch about pixel power lawful faction man bad and whatever else you people were saying.
Isn't it always that people not in charge want to overthrow people in charge?
Christ, this is getting ridicilous.
Ruby broke the law by not stopping, and because a fine couldn't be issued in-game it was issued on the forums.

Actually that 20m fine might be an overkill in my opinion, however as I see it, this is no longer about how big the fine is, but rather people thinking that if they don't comply, then the authorities shouldn't punish them.

The Laws of Liberty make it clear that if you are asked to stop, then you either comply, or risk getting fined, or even shot at.
Please tell me why it is such a big problem to enforce consequences if someone decides not to comply, because it seems that I either don't understand a point of view here or something, or this is all just salting on LPI because "why not" .

Seriously, if I am in the wrong here, by all means, explain me what's the real issue here.
(04-19-2020, 02:14 PM)Arbs Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing that matters for Lawful Factions is law.

But it's not the only thing that matters for the people playing, obviously.

(04-19-2020, 02:14 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't it always that people not in charge want to overthrow people in charge?

I'm not trying to overthrow anyone.

I'm trying to teach you and others to tie your shoe laces so you stop tripping, so you wont get this kind of feedback all the time and drive off the better part of the server population.

(04-19-2020, 02:16 PM)Dhomie42 Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, if I am in the wrong here, by all means, explain me what's the real issue here.

It isn't just about the 20 mil fine, but about the reactions that happened from all sides in this thread, and many similar instances that happen in disco all the time.
a million credit fine because someone is making fun of another players in character failure to use their ship name when "issuing an order" seems a little out of place and unnecessary. While I appreciate that a fine was not handed out. I'm still finding fault in having the fine even issued when "an insult" isn't clearly defined within that massive pile of words you call The Laws Of Liberty
(05-03-2020, 05:32 AM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]a million credit fine because someone is making fun of another players in character failure to use their ship name when "issuing an order" seems a little out of place and unnecessary. While I appreciate that a fine was not handed out. I'm still finding fault in having the fine even issued when "an insult" isn't clearly defined within that massive pile of words you call The Laws Of Liberty

Insult officer, pay the fine, or do your time. Insult a pirate, you're deader than my sex drive. Not sure how people don't understand this yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31