Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Omicron Research Group - Information & Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(03-23-2017, 10:57 PM)Erzie Wrote: [ -> ]4.4 Every char must have only one type of ID equipped and they must play to that ID. Nomads are allowed to be engaged by all IDs. In all other cases where these restrictions and allowances conflict with the server rules, the ID overrides the rules.

(03-23-2017, 02:45 AM)Omicron Research Group Wrote: [ -> ]The ORG is a cell of the Order. So... We're a part of the Order if that's what you wanted to know.
And as to why: There are always people who think otherwise, inRP my char (one of the Founders)
thinks that the Order has the right goals and has some good people in it that he doesn't want to
betray.

If you're a cell of the Order, and operate under the Order, working with Outcasts/Nomad sympathizers that the Order would not work with/is hostile to is unacceptable. I'd review the rule shown above, and read the limitations of your ID. I can't imagine how the Overwatch would come down on a science division that wanted to cooperate with their enemies to develop jumphole/jumpgate technology that would permanently affect their home space.

The ID does tells you what you can do, and what you cannot do. For example, you have specific ID, that states you certain Zone of Influence. In that zone, you can enforce certain things like, to shoot or pirate or even kill anyone you see. But out of those, you do not have that power. You can only fire in self defence and so on.

For example, consider this. Certain IDs state that the ID cannot leave certain region but, some other have stated ZoI, but not line that keeps them within that ZoI. What that does mean then? The ID allows you to shape the faction in what ever whatever path you want it to be but of course, within the lines of sanity and a bit of logic.

Arguments here would have sense if these dudes would plan to become official and shape Order as a NPC faction. Their generic diplomacy, their generic enemies.

But, do they wish this? Perhaps, you could ask if they have planned to depart from Order ID at certain point, where it would be required. For example, if Order| would find out about our agreements.

If we would follow your rule, there wouldn't be neither of these factions, that do not represent any specific NPC faction. But they do, and they dropped off their initial ID and went for maybe Freelancer ID or they got official and got their own new ID.

In any way, they were doing RP and slowly progressed toward what they planned. You cannot just like that have things, or be something. You gotta work it out and play it within some sense of sanity.
Updated our main Page. We're still looking for recruits btw.

[Image: ZqBk8Ts.jpg]

[Research Wing Poster is in the works.]
Hey, just wondering but how come ORG| immediately quick-dock whenever a Core approaches? I'd be interested to hear the reasoning, and then try and work a solution around that.

You see it's frustrating going to all the way to Mu to raid under the assumption that there are several Caps in there, ORG or otherwise, only for the ORG ones to dock. And that has ranging effects from either leaving us with nothing to interact with, or ORG leaving several indies/Order| to fend for themselves with us having overprepared for them.

Is the reasoning RP based or is it something else? Regardless of which, I'd really like you guys to consider staying on as most of the time ORG| are representing the bulk of the organized Order cap response.
, if you'd like to discuss that feel free to PM me your Skype, that way we can work out something and explain the current situation.
It is not merely a phenomenon exclusive to the Core. Whenever a Vagrant approaches you and the chance is there that the fight could be remotely even matched, you do one of three things: a) Wait until you get more numbers to gank, b) dock, c) run away. As Lyth says, it's pretty demotivating to see you behave this way. If you don't want people to interact with you, that's a surefire way to get them to ignore your activity, since people cannot be bothered to try and play with people who do their best to avoid doing that. You proport to be part of the Order, or at least you're using the ID, so why do you not fight the enemies of the Order, the Core and the Nomads? What do you lose by exploding in space?
That is actually not true. The last encounter did end in a fight. ^^

Evidence... If you for some reason want it... http://imgur.com/a/raeyt
That is not what he was talking about.
Oh, my bad, sorry. I can't say much regarding this topic as I wasn't very active ingame during the last months, to be comepletely honest, I can't even recall the last time I saw a Vagrant or any other hostile ship (disregarding a certain "interaction" with multiple Core ships yesterday) in the same system as me.

EDIT: However, as the 1IC there is one thing I can say: I'm currently working on resolving issues like that. I myself completely stopped evading interactions and I'm also currently discussing this with other ORG Members.
Thank you for acknowledging the issue. I appreciate it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7