Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I find it interesting how folks in general seem to support the idea of player roleplay being impactful, but individual manifestations of roleplay consequences are shouted down before they can even begin.
Like ive said already. This event is heavily one sided. The order have sround 3 transporters all of which are inactive. Not only that the order indie ID does not allow capital ships which inckude gunboats ib systems with jumpgates apart from a few sigmas. Plus do not forget the very far distance the order need to fly just to get to Inverness. Not forgetting that it is open for a large majority of IDs to demand this commodity as a contraband which is also allowing for aux and co. Aux inrp friends who fly FL ID to support them in gunboats and so on making this very hard for order to be able to have a small chance of survival. Please do not forget that leople are aware of there being aux. Freelancers are junkers already camping the cortez jh in1 inverness.

Excuse the bad spelling and wording am on my phone
(03-12-2017, 01:16 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2017, 01:15 PM)Calo Wrote: [ -> ]
Don't try to apply logic to Disco. That's a thing I learnt long time ago.

Can you please stay away from posting such bullcrap?

To some extent, it's true. Somehow. The man has a point.
(03-12-2017, 01:10 PM)Chrono Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2017, 01:06 PM)oZoneRanger Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like if you are going to organize an event, everyone involved, ie Attackers and Defenders, should be involved in the planning. As it is, this "Event" seems more scripted to have a guaranteed outcome of victory for one side.

You just summed up this whole farce for everyone. Good try Aux, The Order will not play your conceited little game.

Did you read my question or are you going to simply dump fuel on the fire?

Look. Several events have occurred without the consent of the opposing faction that resulted in changes. See -> Freeport 11 siege, Freeport 11 NEMP. As people noted above from the Zoner perspective, they weren't contacted prior. That's why they're surprise attacks.

Now I've already stated I'd have been more than willing to cooperate and speak to people, but usually I'm treated as malicious and situations involving me are misconstrued. I've tried, Justin has tried and a variety of people have tried to create something surprising, shocking and entertaining for everyone to partake in.

Yes. The event is going to be hard.

Yes. We are going to try our best to play our role and secure the territory we want.

Yes. It's in the middle of a territory naturally out of reach from the Omicrons, which would make it a rather difficult location to reinforce when hit by a surprise attack.

Was this going to be difficult for The Order? Yes. I also recall Justin not wanting to shoot as the HF unless The Order showed up with capital reinforcements. I for one had no intention of using my cap to shoot anyone, and Nyx's SRP is currently locked in an RP thread for the event. So, there would've been very minimal capital support from us, and even so we'd be outnumbered.

I'm not going to pick scabs about why this happened, but I'm asking you as players to examine the scenario and understand it's a consequence generated by the conflict between the two factions in the game. I've stated already - I can't communicate with people who refuse to communicate with me. That's why other people did it instead, such as Teerin or Justin. Saying you weren't consulted was rather silly.

Furthermore, Inferno had RP'd with our people and the RP went rather well. In the end, his fighter was destroyed after his pilot ejected and was dropped on Invergordon.

In addition, the event is dynamic. Examine the scenario and look at the opportunity it possesses to generate activity and roleplay based on the steps you take as a faction. You could contact people to reinforce the area, maybe? Others to run the blockade?

Try it.
Because Thyrzul applies logic to disco only when it suits his agenda, only to cut it off when argument is turned against him.
(03-12-2017, 01:17 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]The Zoners didn't agree to me and the boys demolishing the Freeport.

Twice.

They had whole Sirius to back them up, even with constant attacks on convoys. Order does not, and does not even has enough active people to actually supply the Atum as nobody was aware.

I believe that grand issue here is that nobody was aware of this coming to happen, not that it's something OORP or something like that. Though, Atum was supposed to be remain secret I think. As well as the lair.
(03-12-2017, 01:08 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2017, 01:05 PM)Calo Wrote: [ -> ]Remember Royal Flush?

I think that question sums that event pretty much.

God you're such an idiot.
Stop talking out of your ass about things you have no knowledge about.

Rude as ...
Even as a admin, don't insult other player, thanks.
(03-12-2017, 01:21 PM)PRJKTLRD Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2017, 01:17 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]The Zoners didn't agree to me and the boys demolishing the Freeport.

Twice.

They had whole Sirius to back them up, even with constant attacks on convoys. Order does not, and does not even has enough active people to actually supply the Atum as nobody was aware.

What a shame, perhaps now you'll have to roleplay getting some friends.
(03-12-2017, 01:06 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]The Zoners never had any input in Omicega and I NEMPing their base.

The Zoners never had any input in the Core sieging their Freeport.

They fought back, and from what I see, they won. Every blockade/cargo running event resulted in a Zoner success, due to the sheer fact that indies will log to ship for profits. It'll be over in a week, and we go back to status quo, or you might even get some benefit out of it. For example, the Zoners got a broken biodome, and 3 Carrier platforms for what, a month?

You really donĀ“t see the difference? Zoners won because literally everyone apart The Core was allowed to participate on their side. The supplies were brought by ships of various IDs, including mighty IMG+ALG fleet and also by pile of indies of all corporate IDs. And of course freelancers or junkers. Also, the cargo was not declared as contraband to be destroyed by everyone, for example house lawfuls, so they were free to use houses and lanes without fear from lawfuls.

In this event, only Order ID can now get into supplying at this moment. And literally anyone on the way has right to ask for the cargo.

So it is -completely- opposite situation.

Also, imagine how the situation around Freeport would look like if Zoner indies were not allowed to bring caps.
(03-12-2017, 01:23 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2017, 01:21 PM)PRJKTLRD Wrote: [ -> ]

Twice.

What a shame, perhaps now you'll have to roleplay getting some friends.

I don't even have Order character man. I'm writing here as a member of this community.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15