Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
For calming the discussion about ship types down a bit, there will be no HF battleships or cruisers appearing on the scene unless other capforces make it necessary. Expect mainly fighters and bombers from our side.
I disagree this event, it is simply too unfair for Order to travel so much, and without any possible ally that can help them out in Iverness.
(03-12-2017, 01:24 PM)Gagadug. Wrote: [ -> ]For calming the discussion about ship types down a bit, there will be no HF battleships or cruisers appearing on the scene unless other capforces make it necessary. Expect mainly fighters and bombers from our side.

Exactly this. Justin wanted it to be clear that caps would be a last resort. I've only been on my SRP to idle around and RP.
My cent is that there should be exclusively only scripted RPed events. In this way, you avoid people being abused, ganked, or whatever powergaming happens. Order back in the day was a force to reckon with. If you take the Order from years ago, yeah, they could've barged inside Iverness and twist it inside up. I am not currently aware of their friends, and given the restriction of the systems not all could participate and reinforce them now. The Hellfire and Aux on the other hand, have more support locally and that's why the balance would seem to be inadequate given the status of the opposing factions.

It happened before and will happen. That's given the population loss of the actual server. In this case, make predefined events. Where it is clear who wins, and both sides agree, but give something in return for both. Some protected a system, but others fled and retrieved some important data or something that can be used by the factions. That way, everyone wins something, it's fun. And a side at least, looses in an epic way.

Nobody wants to do it though. It -should- be.
(03-12-2017, 01:25 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2017, 01:24 PM)Gagadug. Wrote: [ -> ]For calming the discussion about ship types down a bit, there will be no HF battleships or cruisers appearing on the scene unless other capforces make it necessary. Expect mainly fighters and bombers from our side.

Exactly this. Justin wanted it to be clear that caps would be a last resort. I've only been on my SRP to idle around and RP.

This is appreciated but that doesnot change the fact bith Aux and HF have a larger player base than Order do which is active. Not only that but again order has only 3 transporters which are inactive. So do the event creators expect people to go buy a transport for 100 mill thats without armor to be shot by everything from the Omicrons Sigmas Rheinland Liberty as the quickest way to get there?
Quote:*The bonus of 15 000$ per unit may only be claimed by The Order ID and the official Order ID wielding ships. The Order will need to conduct roleplay in order to involve other groups whose IDs will then be added to the eligible list.
Quote:The Order will need to conduct roleplay in order to involve other groups whose IDs will then be added to the eligible list.
Quote:need to conduct roleplay in order to involve other groups

Quote:Allied
Blood Dragons
Zoners
Bundschuh

Cordial
Gas Miners Guild
Crayter Republic

Friendly
Xenos
The Hellfire Legion
The Lane Hackers
The Council
Independent Miner's Guild
Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army

Neutral
Gaians
Red Hessians
Junkers
Liberty Rogues
Golden Chrysanthemums
Mollys
All civilians and parties non-mentioned

I think if you put your mind to it you could actually manage this pretty easily. I'm also very unsure why people seem to think you should need permission for an event like this, especially given that they pretty much never have game changing endings.
(03-12-2017, 12:52 PM)Shaggy Wrote: [ -> ]Inferno ship was destroyed while trying to leave by a large force.

To elaborate a bit more on this and a bit more on the attitude from the opposition.

[17:40:46] Inferno - (Hirlerman/Kazuo|Tevnor|Valdez): I'm in the order
[17:40:52] Inferno - (Hirlerman/Kazuo|Tevnor|Valdez): Golly thinks I was ganked
[17:40:55] Inferno - (Hirlerman/Kazuo|Tevnor|Valdez): I said otherwise
[17:41:00] Inferno - (Hirlerman/Kazuo|Tevnor|Valdez): Shaggy is bs
[17:41:12] Inferno - (Hirlerman/Kazuo|Tevnor|Valdez): Golly doesnt like Aux because he is grumpy about something

The obvious bottom statement refers to some potential OORP motivation. I for one sat there and observed the RP between Inferno and us, which was rather pleasant.

So please be sure you consult the person before making a statement like this.
TL;DR

I am leaving the event run until one of the counters is filled. Since it seems that the other side were not involved, I do not see this leading to any RP consequences. You can treat it as a regular combat event between GG and HF if you want. Do not run the trading event if you do not want to. Do what you want, but I am not going to waste my time re-writing the whole thing again.

Do what you want and let me tick this official event request off my checklist so I can do the next one.
(03-12-2017, 01:18 PM)Dave.Synk Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2017, 01:16 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2017, 01:15 PM)Calo Wrote: [ -> ]
Don't try to apply logic to Disco. That's a thing I learnt long time ago.

Can you please stay away from posting such bullcrap?

To some extent, it's true. Somehow. The man has a point.

It is, to some extent, but just because things planet sizes, distances, travel speed, a static market, etc doesn't match our IRL reality doesn't excuse getting rid of all logic. Those are examples of instances where IRL logic doesn't apply. Diplomacy, human behavior, motives, goals, means, methods, rules, priorities, roles, tactics, strategy, plenty of examples where we can involve IRL logic, because that's the only thing we can use. People need to learn where IRL logic applies and where it doesn't instead of just pulling the "logic doesn't apply to Disco" retardness every now and then whenever they see fit.

(03-12-2017, 01:20 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]Because Thyrzul applies logic to disco only when it suits his agenda, only to cut it off when argument is turned against him.

Ad hominem question evasion won't get you anywhere, my question still stands. Mind answering?
(03-12-2017, 01:29 PM)Shaggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2017, 01:25 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]

This is appreciated but that doesnot change the fact bith Aux and HF have a larger player base than Order do which is active. Not only that but again order has only 3 transporters which are inactive. So do the event creators expect people to go buy a transport for 100 mill thats without armor to be shot by everything from the Omicrons Sigmas Rheinland Liberty as the quickest way to get there?

As it was stated, people could roleplay ordering assistance from other groups and trade factions to potentially have their IDs added to the event that may spice up the area. The Order has the opportunity to reach out to others for aid in responding to a distress call from one of their vessels, including the local Gaians for additional support.

The intent was behind this was to spice up the Independent Worlds in that particular area and breathe some life into all factions present. Contrary to popular belief, our player base has severely diminished over the months due to incidents that resulted in people outright leaving the server for how they were treated just by being a part of the faction.

We'd like to organize fair fights between all parties.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15