Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The second Interview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
''Is it the Maltese Empire? like the Corsairs or is it something more along the lines of 'Dominon, Relam, Republics'? What do you call your state?''
'Nation of Malta' or 'NaciĆ³n de Malta' in Maltese would be the official name that Malta's state currently holds under it's laws. Eliza's eyes drifted across the garden around them. The interview was starting to bore her, some of these questions could have simply been answered if one spend a few minutes browsing the neural net. The weather was nice and sunny which made the setting relaxing and calm and just thinking about it made the Maltese girl want to yawn. Though Eliza did not want to look rude and disinterested to Alfred so she locked her jaws as the yawn passed before continuing. I've seen it called Maltese Nation in some communiques as well but currently Nation of Malta would be the more correct name.
He eyed her carefully, taking note of her gradual lack of enthusiasim. He aimed to step things up a notch soon, but first he had more bland questions to ask.
''Forgive me, but I must ask. How many men does the Legion currently have under it's command...or if you cannot answer that, what is the general population of the Maltese? so far as you know. Also, do you know if the National Council would allow visitors to browse their archives...if they have such a thing, I assume they do.''
The actual strength of the Maltese Legion was something she would rather skip discussing publicly. Maltese population should be around 500 million people, give or take. The Maltese constitution and criminal code are publicly available on the neural net, even outside of Maltese space. As for the archives - that would be something you will have to discuss with somebody else as it's outside of my competencies.
He was quiet for a time before asking another question. ''Given all that you have told me, how do you feel personally toward Malta, her laws and peoples and that sort of thing? Would you change anything?'' He knew that those were strange questions, but now knowing the established law, he wished to know the feelings some held towards it.
Malta is my home. I was born there, I lived almost all my life there. My parents were Maltese and if I have children of my own they'll be Maltese as well. In a way the grip of the orange grass unites us in a way, we're all drawn to Malta and it's orange fields. Eliza paused to not sound overly passionate. She knew sometimes her enthusiasm about certain subject could get out of hand. What I would like to see changed? She softly ran a finger down her jaw while thinking. All the political turmoil. All these familias, factions fighting each other for power. If Malta is to prosper we have to be united.
''Tell me of these families that run Malta, do you know the names? what they do? how they govern the House?''
They're numerous, most focusing on harvesting the orange grass and turning it into cardamine so that it could be sold outside of the Nation. And the ones in power often change as Malta's political stage is ever-changing. The reason they're there is because without this trade our economy would most likely crumble under the need for outside resources while cardamine is our main export. I don't want to point fingers so I won't name any of these familias, but I'm sure if you look back at Malta's recent history you'll find more than a few. The temptation to point fingers at the Contari and blame them for the not too recent civil war was there, but she chose not to.
''Sounds like you take issue with these families, I was under the impression that your government was, more or less, democratic. Is that not so?''
I have an issue with their greed and lust for power. Eliza smirked at the remark of Malta being democratic. She had no knowledge of Malta ever being democratic nor did she imagine it would ever truly be. The Nation has gone through many different systems of governance, but it has never been a true democracy. Power or wealth have always played big part in being part of the ruling elite.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7