Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: You are now the main dev. Everything is under your control. What changes do you do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Buff smuggling

Allow Junkers to pirate everywhere

Allow Junkers to use 4,5k cargo ships

Bring back Toxic Waste and Scrap as mineable ore

Allow Rheinland to Krieg Bretonia or Liberty again

Allow Kusari to attack Gallia or Liberty

Finish the work on the newbie system
-Implement house transports into npc trade convoys more (Specifically the super and heavy transports)
(10-11-2017, 08:00 AM)Goldberg Wrote: [ -> ]Bring back Toxic Waste and Scrap as mineable ore

Go to Leeds. Toxic Waste is mineable there.
(10-10-2017, 09:20 PM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]
-Implement Dungeon systems with Class Level (C1 Easy C10 Super Hard)
-Add new rare snub-capital equipments to Dungeon systems
-Implement Conquest System make Battle Systems conquerable and wining faction gets a bonus
-Faster Storyline Development
-Change Capital Gameplay completely;
-Remove entire capital ship weaponary
-Remove Current Gunboat to Battleships weapon classes
-Create Universal Capital Equipments
-Create Faction-based Broadside capital weapons
-Create Small,Medium,Large and Broadside weapon classes for Gunboats-Cruisers-Battleships
-Create Small,Medium,Large Missile Launcher classes for Capital Ships
-Seperate Destroyers and Cruisers
-Make Capital Fights similar to Homeworld 2
-Make Capital Ships %70 Broadside
-Remove EK
-Remove Strafe
-Increase size of the cruisers and battlecruisers
-Give proper effectiveness and weakness to each class
-Give Nanobots to Carriers (no shield batts). Light CV - 300 Nanobots - Medium CV - 400 Nanobots - Heavy CV - 500 Nanobots
-Remove anti-capital ship ability from Carriers and make them more support ships
-Give Capital ships their own Shields (like Sarissa Shield, Overlord Shield)
-Different speeds (eg : Sarissa with 45ms speed - Murmillo with 50ms speed)
-Make Capital ships turn very slow
-Make Capital fights more strategy based

I'm in love with those changes.
So many great ideas here.

Also

-lose a certain percentage of ship's worth upon dead (1%-5% or something, depending on ship class) so that death has meaning. Yes this isn't eve, but this is RP server. Death should mean more than "can't play for X hours"
Rebalance trading routes

Recreate every single beam weapon with a help of good ol' Beam Mod

Rework the entire Sirius Map back to .85, excluding new systems. Make more space to explore.

Rework many other systems to their original stage, such as Omicron Kappa, Omicron Delta, Omicron Iota (However, I'd keep current Dur in Iota, it's a masterpeace), Virginia and etc

Gib back torps, but with more adequate stats (closer to vanilla ones, but in the same time to fit in our PvP system)

Remove kebab the concept of Armor Upgrade, so there won't be a kind of pay2win system and you don't have to grind all the night for sake of getting not only the ship, but also an armor upgrade for it. For sake of balance, I could've buffed a price of some ships and spreaded the Armore Upgrades as follows:
Snubs - AU8;
Freighters and SHFs - HAU4;
GBS - CAU6;
Cruisers - CAU7;
Batlecruisers, Battleships, Dreadnoughts and Carriers - CAU8;

Make Antimatter weaponry more realistic, i.e. give the projectiles an explosive arch (it's possible, simply hybriding a missile and a gun)

Do something with Caps and Transports being turned over by snubs, make ramming more realistic (i.e. you can't actually turn the ship, you can only scratch it)

But the first decision I'd make is to convert it all into Unreal Engine 4, because Freelancer's engine is way too limited in that sence.
I would also condone a raise in PvE things.
Not everyone is a PvP Ace but still wants to enjoy combat without having to push days of Training in Conn into the game. Maybe work/School life is just too demanding to do so, as well.
So yeah, I'm all for some PvE changes. A dungeon-like System could be grown from the "Uncharted Systems". So do eet

There are those on Disco with some really weak rigs. I mean, I like Disco because of how relatively non-hungry it is in terms of processor usage and graphics.
To give you an idea, I bought a computer at the Salvation Army for thirty bucks that had Windows XP on it. Popped Freelancer and Disco on it, and Disco ran on it.
I now use it as my highly local test server, but the point is that Disco runs well on older rigs that may not be able to run Unreal Engine 4.
(10-11-2017, 09:15 AM)kenshin156 Wrote: [ -> ]So yeah, I'm all for some PvE changes. A dungeon-like System could be grown from the "Uncharted Systems". So do eet

That is a great idea right there.
[Image: guwUR5H.png]

Turn bases into 2 indestructible types: Type A as annexes to existing bases that are accessed through a name password console command when docked on an NPC base, Type B as SRP only

Cut all commodity prices in half

Make the technerf more liberal, so the exploration/gear gathering aspect is returned to the game. Factions who arent IRP enemies should get 0% technerf.

Remove all restarts except Freelancer in the 5 houses plus OC, CO, and Nomad, so the repping/bringing aspect is returned to the game. Factions can still pass each other IDs to speed up recruitment.

Make the ID autorep give friendly but not full green, and full green necessary to buy cap ships, to make repping in snubs and co-op PvE a thing again.

Make more lore-teaching purchasable items like "History of..."

Make an ingame help system that really teaches game mechanics instead of just dumping commands onto the screen

Make activity hub systems where missions, mining, and trading take place

Remove the Miner ID and give Freelancer ID a fairly decent mining bonus for rear-mounted mining laser turrets in fighters. Give Mining Factions a less distinctly different mining bonus (like 20% difference instead of 50% difference). The current system encourages people to spam anonymous no-personality mining drones all over Sirius which is terrible for knowing who is who and making friends.

Nomads can attack without ***RP***

Delete Gallia, or at least advertizing the mod with it. It was a stupid, terrible, no-good bad idea. If you wanted to add a warmongering hause, you could have made it the Colonial Remnants, who left sol before the great war and who therefore has a much more logical reason to be as powerful as Gallia. They could also be forced into conquering new planets to feed their population because their planets were destroyed, which would be a much more logical explanation that some idiotic 800 yo vendetta by Gallia.

Give CDs back to powerful NPCs in some reasons to make exploring them really really difficult alone, as an incentive for co-op PvE.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11