Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Replacement Vote] Horizontal Vanilla/Ageira Trade Lanes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
There is no lore about vertical trade lanes so assume that it is not something to be taken within roleplay.
What about we make it horizontal without any further in-lore explanation? There's no up or down in space after all, just a relative position to system plane.

And I just realized where Digital Anvil took inspiration from.
I've fought with changing from upper to lower lanes on a Passenger Liner entirely too much to want to deal with the vertical lanes anymore. The sooner we change to horizontal, the better.
Personally, I aesthetically prefer the lanes positioned horizontally over vertically but I can also understand the desire to differentiate between Gallic-influenced areas and non-Gallic influenced areas, in addition, I think having lanes horizontal might make docking larger vessels easier.
Vertical.
Horizontal lanes make it so much easier to handle large ships, since you're always entering the same side of the lane.
I personally find vertical lanes to be too integral to the game's aesthetics, and I know I'll end up perma-triggered should this change be made. I have also never really had any docking issues related to their vertical alignment. I voted to leave them as they are, but then, it's my personal opinion.
(12-06-2018, 05:04 PM)Oxford Institute Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2018, 04:30 PM)Capt. Henry Morgan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2018, 04:25 PM)Oxford Institute Wrote: [ -> ]but I am sure that they would do whatever the client asks/pays for

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Ageira has (or had) a monopoly, and that gives them a LOT of power to dictate terms to their customers. I imagine it went something like this:

BretGov: The lanes are nice, but can we make them left-handed to match the driving direction on our planets?
Ageira: No, they're fine as they are.
BretGov: But, we're paying you billions of credits for this, surely you can take our wishes into account.
Ageira: That's not how it works. If you're unhappy with it, we can always take our business elsewhere.
BretGov: ...
Ageira: That's what we thought. Your right-handed lanes will be up and running shortly.

since Ageira doesn't has the trade lane monopoly anymore this horizontal change can be explained by Ageira trying to meet with costumers requests, and still make a quick easy buck while maintaining client loyalty, it's just a simple towing and flip some lanes

Bret/Kus-Gov: oh I see you are doing maintenance to the trade lanes, what about change them to left-handed lanes like we originally asked for? I heard Rhein is getting some cool new lanes...
Ageira: sure sure just keep that maintenance and new lanes contract alive for some more years and we flip/tow change them now

altough Bretonia would never choose Gallia trade lane with the current situation

but to be honest, the way that is a less pain to devs is the best way

=DSE- is already RP-ing a switch to horizontal in Poole where it has set up base to build the TL's from Caernavfon to Plymouth. Tried to get a Licence from EFL but they haven't even replied, but fortunately =DSE- has already reversed engineered the EFL horizontal trade lanes and using genuine Ageira technology can deliver. All it requires is to fit-out Scrap Palace to manufature the Horizontal trade lanes.

Our Liberty Mastadon's get stuck a lot on the vertical TL's but have not once done so on the Horizontal. Plus the same entry (left) each time cuts down on productivity wastage. Big ships line up way better as the entrances are far bigger. I don't think many Battleships will find them a curse like the vertical ones.

Cheers!
people who say vertical- aesthetics, vanilla, lets not make it gallia 2.0.
people who say horizontal- fly big transports and battleships, asking it for convenience.]

Horizontal all the way.
(12-06-2018, 02:28 PM)Xalrok Wrote: [ -> ]
We are asking for your input on replacing vanilla content: do you think Sirian trade lanes should be made horizontal, or remain vertical? Note that mass replacing them is trivial, so don't factor that into your decision.

vs

Look ing at these pictures, would it be too difficult to make a Sirius version of the Gallia TL's? Then we could have an improved travel experience as the Gallia TL's are bigger and not having the four electrodes jutting out means less chance of getting stuck.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6