Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Doctor and the Chrysanthemum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

She tried the scotch, first only wetting her lips with it, then she took a sip

"Not too bad, but tell me. Research. I hope you don't mean you are one of those Cryer types. That would get you on our hit list very quickly. We know all about their so called research. How do I know your research won't attempt to undermine our business? As you said, you are a non user yourself, which is a red flag on its own when you start mentioning studying cardamine."

He was almost annoyed by the Cryer accusation but ignored it. "I am no corporate cronie even if some may think that I am. Yes, I research medicines, cures and the mysteries of various drugs, plants and anything that has adverse effect of the human body but we do it on our own, for our own and do not share our finds."
He turned to her a bit, "Elixers for example, made in the Poole system. I will buy them but we choose to remake our own blends with our own cures. It is not perfected but it is in work."

He sighed. "Cardamine. I have no intention to undermine your business or that of the Outcasts. In the past, I have had young people or just long time users come to me for help, wanting to break free of its grip. If it makes you feel better, it is a mystery still raveled." He shrugs. "So, I keep some around to at least keep them stable."
He looked forward again. "See? What I do is both private and non-intrusive."

"That still does not explain the need for liquid cardamine. So far you only explained that you are working on research. And most of the research by people who are not part of the cardamine trade seems to be focuses on combating this trade. They will try to find 'cures' or other ways to sabotage our market. Your unusual request for this rare variety only raises my suspicions even more. I am trained to question every piece of information I pick up."

Why would someone even want to break free of the orange blessing? The benefits greatly outweigh the drawbacks. So you 'have had young people and just long time users come to you for help, wanting to break free of its grip'. Does that sentence not confirm my suspicions?

Mariko stopped for a second, realising how she allowed the tensions to build. After a few seconds she had recollected herself again and spoke.

"Sumimasen, excuse my impoliteness"

He thought a moment. He researched everything just to know why if nothing else but there was a medical reason for the liquid cardamine.

"When sixty percent of my patients are combat injuries, the liquid cardamine is needed. When that sixty percent comes to me unconscious and with chest wounds and some of that are Outcasts or others who are addicted to cardamine, it is needed. They cannot use a breather and will die without cardamine in their system so I go old school on them. An injection directly into the bloodstream is the difference between life and death. If I have to induce a medical coma to allow them to heal, I can use it in an I.V."
He himself grew a little irritated as the use of cardamine in medicine was considered unethical by most, himself included.
"Besides my own staff, you are the only person that knows that I use this treatment for those addicted. I could be arrested and jailed for it but as you said, the benefits greatly outweigh the drawbacks. That is why I need the liquid cardamine but have so little of it..." He sighed and collected himself, "....which is why I came to you. You seem like someone I can work with."

He took a sip of his Scotch, again offering Marika some. "And for what it is worth, I research everything just to know why if nothing else. Call it a weakness."

"Wakarimasu, I understand. My curiosity has been satisfied. I did not think of such scenarios where breathers are unpractical. I am lucky to have never been such a scenario where I was too injured to not use a breather. Ofcourse I got my battlescars, but otherwise I escaped my battles largely intact."

She gave him an apologetic smile and looked towards the stage as she kept talking.

"You can count on our discretion regarding your use of cardamine in the treatment of your patients. Just as I trust you keep your source hidden. I would recommend staying out of prison. I heard it is not a nice place to end up in."

He gave a nod and a snicker, "No, it is not."
He took in the show for a moment before continuing. "No one will know of my source. I will treat it as a doctor/patient confidentiality and besides, no one ever questions what I have or treatments."

He opened his flask, "More Scotch?"

"yes please! skottsu o kudasai onegaishimasu"

She took a sip of the scotch and waited a second to speak again. She wasn't used to this drink and she wasn't a heavy drinker

"Good medical help is always welcome, so it is good to know Med Force will be available if we need support. And ofcourse, contraband is something we usually have access to."

He accepted the flask of Scotch back after she finished, "Indeed it is welcomed and sometimes hard to find hence why I created Med Force Enterprises."
Again, he took in the show and sighed with a smile, "I am glad that you gave me this opportunity. I have never seen anything quite like it. With the musicals, plays and piano concertos that I have been to, this is very different and enjoyable."

He set the flask down where either of them could get at after he took another sip.

"Kabuki is very ancient performance art. At the very beginning it was a religious ritual. The mystical aura around it would likely apeal to someone who never experienced it before."

The final act of the play was beginning as Akechi stood on the stage with his sword drawn.

"So, why Scotch? I mean of all the drinks, why scotch?"

He could only smile at her question. He wasn't sure himself. It was just a drink that had the right taste to him.
"I really do not know," he replied. "It was just one of those tastes that appealed to me. Unlike Whiskey, it does not bite back and it is like it enjoys a good sniff before you take that first sip. Like Sake, it goes down smooth and it will hit hard if you stand up too fast. I guess it is just a taste thing."

He just smiled at her as he knew he didn't have a good answer for her.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9