Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonia: What Next? Let the Community Decide!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
As of today, Bretonia is clear of Gallic soldiers, except prisoners of war. The liberation of Edinburgh closes a chapter that had been going on for the previous 10 years, and opens a new one. The Iliad and the Odyssey are finally over.

We are witnessing quite an unusual event: Bretonia's path is no longer clear, now it is facing a crossroad. Descending into inactivity is not an option. Bretonia needs to start doing something new.

I have decided to ask the Community for advice and Bretgov didn't oppose. What are your ideas? What would tickle your imagination and make it whisper to you: "Hey, this would make it interesting to try out (or retry) a Bretonian lawful faction"?
Go war Liberty over war debts and become even more debt riddled and Liberty takes over Bretonia like Gallia should have?

For an external thing, small or big, to me the logical step would be the Omegas. Bretonia did fine establishing Omega-3 as a necessary thing but who knows what else happens? Usually that leaves unlawfuls at disadvantage or leads to a house skirmish again. Not so sure if Brets want a border skirmish already?

Internal stuff is actually Dublin. I really wouldn't mind Mollys actually managing to threaten Bretonia's claim, a thing they didn't even manage during the Gallic invasion for real. Getting activity rolling in Dublin, with Gaians, some other unlawfuls and BHG to step in would be epic.
I would explain Dublin with Bretonia spreading thinly to protect its borders thoroughly, kind of a paranoid reaction to their neighbors having unclear intentions, Kusari still aims for Tau influence, Rheinland about to re-unite and no longer distracted by internal turmoil.

Edit: Just a late night thought coming from an overly tired brain
(12-22-2020, 11:42 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]As of today, Bretonia is clear of Gallic soldiers, except prisoners of war. The liberation of Edinburgh closes a chapter that had been going on for the previous 10 years, and opens a new one. The Iliad and the Odyssey are finally over.

We are witnessing quite an unusual event: Bretonia's path is no longer clear, now it is facing a crossroad. Descending into inactivity is not an option. Bretonia needs to start doing something new.

I have decided to ask the Community for advice and Bretgov didn't oppose. What are your ideas? What would tickle your imagination and make it whisper to you: "Hey, this would make it interesting to try out (or retry) a Bretonian lawful faction"?

i think the local unlawfuls need some actual love so the Bret lawfuls have things to do other than trading
Love means fair fights, not 2 battlecruisers cruising in point blank of a molly cruiser and kills with minimal RP just because BAF| is chad
Bretonia needs to go and kill dirty pirats. Outcasts, corsairs, lololition and lone molly cruisers are all there, but need to be logged by people.

Powerful PvE zones and missions, preferential POB zones, as well as best mining spots and routes need to be designed in a way that mildly pushes players to areas with a higher likelihood of casually meeting friends and rivals. You don't need any grande plot story to make things work, ships fly and people develop their roleplay characters in-game and on the forum.

For me, the Dublin gold rush and endless fights between outcasts, IMG, and =CR= over Tau-23 niobium fields were far more enjoyable than gallic coups, planetary genocides, etc.
Bring back the Dublin gold rush.
Finally sort out its broken economy, devastated population, destroyed production chains, etc. By logic, expansion should be the least important path for Bretonia that needs consolidation first. Not even speaking that launching a costly offensive against the Enclave and winning (?!) despite the decimated by the war fleet and broken economy would ofc earn brownie points among some peeps and really irritating the other -> inner political tensions right/left.
1. You are post war Bretonia surrounded by enemies with a lot of interactions and have ability to create even more if take Harris by force
2. Tryhard scheme to nuke or isolate your enemies from your House
3. Realize that you have nothing to do
4. Create "Bretonia: What Next? Let the Community Decide!" thread on the forums
(12-23-2020, 12:26 AM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]1. You are post war Bretonia surrounded by enemies with a lot of interactions and have ability to create even more if take Harris by force
2. Tryhard scheme to nuke or isolate your enemies from your House
3. Realize that you have nothing to do
4. Create "Bretonia: What Next? Let the Community Decide!" thread on the forums

5. Have Shiki make you a list about how and why you make this thread.
6. Say thanks to Shiki.
7. Shiki actually meant to say: Dublin!
Dublin would be a good idea if the only Molly faction did not die recently.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12