Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.82 Beta features, bugs & suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is an official thread for reporting bugs found in the latest version of Discovery - Discovery 4.82 Beta - and for proposing new features for future mod versions. If you feel that something's wrong with the mod, even if it's something minor, leave a message here.

Do not post anything related to server crashes, characters etc., keep this thread only mod-related. Also please don't double post: if you have something minor to add to your previous post, better edit old post. This does not apply if you have something important to add or to discuss.

And, of course, you may comment on what others proposed or reported, post your general impressions and thoughts on the new version. Every opinion is valuable for making this mod better than it ever was.

If you think that any of your suggestions from previous Bugs & Suggestions threads are still important, you may re-post them here. However, make sure that the issue was not yet discussed and rejected/commented on.

Older features, bugs & suggestions thread (4.81 Final, 31 pages, closed):
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1653
the transport graviton shield still has 70000 power, and the others have 60000, not sure if thats a bug or whether you werent balancing some of them
Question?

WHY did you nurf the Classifieds & Nomad cannons damage??? :(
Now I can see a little more power drain for the nomads but to nurf the damage as well??
It just doesnt make it worth fighting nomads & having the repair bills anymore.

And as for the classifieds...
They were balanced cuz they had a punch but at a VERY high power price. So one always had to balance what they wanted...
A few short powerful hits or being able to have more sustained firepower.

I am only bring this up cuz I LOVE this mod! :D And I DO NOT want to see it turn into another Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast :(

That game was AWESOME but they kept patching, & nurfing the light saber tell it was nothing more than a novelty than a weapon. :(

As for freelancer, I read that many of the fighter weapons have... been Rebalanced. I hope this is not taking damage points away from to many weapons. I really like flying the fighters & just dont want to see this mod turn into a Gotta fly a cap ship to get any ware mod.

With all that said...

PLEASE dont take any of this as a bust or anything like that. As I said... I love this mod & am VERY appreciative of ALL your hard work & the TIME you put into it. :yu:

Thanks, just doesnt seem like enough to say... :no: :D

THANKS!!!! :yahoo:
Guys, think about it. Nomads; Codename damage, the energy usage of a Justice MkII, and a refire of 4.00. These things can keep any loadout going for a LONG time. They needed nerfed a bit.

And remember, we upgraded the codenames a LONG time ago. That made any of the level 9s obsolete, and made them extremely powerful.

I agree with Igiss' decision.
I also agree, now there is a massive range of high class fighter weaponry, and also reason to experiment with different shield types. Even the existing class 9 house weapons are now feasible as permanent equipment fixtures against enemy fighters of all kinds. I love the new Blood Dragon cl9 despite it's ineffectiveness against graviton shields, because that's exactly what it's supposed to do. Now fighter pilots have a wide range of weapon choices, you can't farm codenames and nomads and expect to have the upper hand in any fight. Sure, codenames are supposed to be special, but that doesn't really make sense when everyone on the server has a set. Fighter battles just got a lot more interesting, I applaud Igiss's change.
Igiss... where in the.... Sirius have you put the LSF ID???

Btw, the codenames and Nomads are excellent now, interesting choice of stats, makes choosing the favorite codenames more challenging.
Ok ... Phantom ID is a bit of a Mmmmmm, not sure what to say there. Whole world and
his dog will probably be sporting those colours. Nice tractor beam though ...
Sabre powerplant ? seems to be very weak now, even with nomad weapons on it ...
Codes and Nomads ... Why that much nerfing, its a huge percentage drop in the scheme of
things.
I'm not one of those who chases tech. specs all round Sirius, I play the game for its own
sake, not the toys involved, I like to balance my loadouts on energy usage, not the colour
of the beam, who made it, and where you can buy it. I balance that with RP availability.
Huggy strafe is now slower than all the battleships put together ...
And as for the SKYBLAST BS ... what the hell is that all about, its a stock weapon ...
Thats for starters ...
Sorry, not so happy with this lot so far ...

Hoodlum
:

The whole point of the weapon rebalance is so that you don't seen the same loadouts all the time, now people will have to go and find the weapons that suit their fighting style instead of relying on nomad and codename weapons.

Otherwise what's the point of having 50+ factions that each sell loads of weapons if no-one uses them?

NONE WHAT-SO-EVER.

I have one big issue or two for that matter. One what did you do to my precious talon? What blasphemy is this only four class 10 mounts?????? I cannot have my Cerberus and nomad blasters anymore......

And um...What happened to Sigma 13? All the wrecks give out Firekiss and Hornvipers instead of wonderful Codenames.... And one more thing, the precious Battle razor is about as usefull as a standard turret now might as well load up on cerberus cap turrets...... However thank you for the BS weapon mount on the Frigates that is a good thing.
The tractor beam bug is still present.
Despite tractor beams have a range of 1500m, to tractor stuff at more than 1000m you have to select each object and tractor it manually one at a time.