Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Core| - Recruitment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

[Image: XF3OTNX.png]

InRP Form

Pilot Name: Nick Wilson

Pilot Age: 36

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Omicron Delta

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: Both

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Light/heavy Fighter Pilot

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better):

My name is Nick Wilson, I was born in Alabama Shipyard then later moved to live in Yaren Base, my father was a fighter but he got killed by the Nomads when I was young, so my mother raised me up to be a fighter like him. My father used to fly an old rusty but a beautiful beast called Mako which I wish to learn how to fly it one day. I might learn in The Core how to fly it because It's very complicated for a rookie like me to play with big ships. I like to fly with The Core and learn a lot of things from them like how to kill nomads and how to survive in a cruel world like Omicrons.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: Interesting faction and lore

OoRP Form

Are you applying to join our Rookie Boost Initiative?: Yes

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: 8 years

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: Yes, I had a Mako before

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: Not bad

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 8

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 6 - fighters and bombers

Why do you want to join the The Core?: I like to dicover more about Omicrons and The Core and I like the idea of good guys playing it evil looks very interested to me.

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: VHF and a bomber

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: +3

What is your Discord ID (Could be sent over PM)?: DonSam#7812

Have you been sanctioned/banned? If so, provide links.: Nope

Have you read our information thread and are aware of diplomatic relations towards other factions: Yep

Are you familiar with the Rules?: Yes.

Do you agree to follow the Rules? Any rule violations may/will have consequences.: I agree

Do you agree to leave your prejudice behind and be excellent towards other players?: Sure

[Image: PhdZWOJ.png]

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

»ID: The Core High Command
»Location: Durban Station, Omicron Rho
»Subject: Application
»ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Taden "The Dark" Harrs, your application has been accepted.

Nick Wilson, I am afraid we cannot accept you into the ranks of the Core straight away. In your biography, you stated you were born on Yaren and that you are 36 years old and that your father "owned" a Mako. There are two very severe problems here. First, a Commander of a Warship doesn't own that warship. Second, if you were born on Yaren 36 years ago, I'm assuming your father was based out of that same base, yes? Well, as luck would've have it, the Core took over that base from the Corsairs somewhere around a decade ago, my math doesn't check out, neither does your story.
If you want to be accepted, you'll have to go through our Rookie program for a month, until we're sure you're up to speed and we have a valid background on you. Then you'll undergo another evaluation and based on your performance, you'll remain with our ranks or we'll go our separate ways.

-The Core High Command, The Core

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

[Image: YIzA476.png]
InRP Form

Pilot Name: Kendrick Perkins

Pilot Age: 19

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Planet Nauru, Omicron Delta

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: Both

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Currently working as iridium ore transporter

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): Born on planet Nauru, I am accustomed to its arid deserts and the harshness of life that come with them. My father David Perkins, a humble man of Zoner descent, is still working in the mining complex on the planet. Thanks to him I learned the basics of ore mining and commercial trade. My mother, Kassandra Perkins, on the other hand was never quite the housewife of a working class man. Being the daughter of a Libertonian military official, she always looked to the stars for a more adventurous lifestyle, which ultimately lead a divorce some 5 years ago. As an independent bounty hunter, she racked up a lot of victories and payments for bringing down some of the worst scum in Sirius. Exactly because of this reason she was also hunted by most known outlaw groups, which eventually lead to an ambush during a corsair raid in the ice field of Omicron Kappa.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: My mother's gruesome death left little impact on my dad's demeanor, but I felt like a part of my soul was torn from me. On that fateful day I vowed to take up arms and exterminate every Corsair that falls in my sights. With this resolve I come to you and wish to be enlisted in your ranks. In return I offer whatever skills I have to better aid your organization, be it fighting on the battlefield or enforcing supplies transportation.

OoRP Form

Are you applying to join our Rookie Boost Initiative?: Yes, mostly for the reason of solidifying Core role play as I have never quite played too much in the Edge Worlds

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: 14 years, with some occasional breaks

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: No, yes, yes

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: not as much as I wished I was

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 9

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: I always flew fighter/bombers in which I guess I would rate myself at a 7-8. I am mediocre in gun boats, and never got to operating cruiser or battleships.

Why do you want to join the The Core?: I want to try a new faction that I never really played before, hoping to have some fun and improve fighting skills with new tech.

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: No

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: Bulgaria, GMT +3

What is your Discord ID (Could be sent over PM)?: Mitko

Have you been sanctioned/banned? If so, provide links.: Never.

Have you read our information thread and are aware of diplomatic relations towards other factions: Yes

Are you familiar with the Rules?: Yes

Do you agree to follow the Rules? Any rule violations may/will have consequences.: Yes

Do you agree to leave your prejudice behind and be excellent towards other players?: Yes

[/indent][/font][/align][/td][/tr]
[/table][/indent]

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

»ID: The Core High Command
»Location: Durban Station, Omicron Rho
»Subject: Application
»ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Kendrick Perkins, welcome to the Core! Your application has been Accepted.

-The Core High Command, The Core

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

[Image: YIzA476.png]

InRP Form

Pilot Name: Sailas James Montgomery

Pilot Age: 47

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Bretonia, Dublin

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: APM as my degrees reflect a scientific background, but my further history before becoming a learned man reflects a more, shall we say, checkered past.

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Director of SLRC prior to disbandment. Independent Molly before attending the University of Cambridge. Degrees in Hyperspatial Theorem, Xenobiology, Applied Physics, and Theoretical Physics. Graduate of Cambridge University in all.

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): My name is Dr. Montgomery, I am the former Director of Starlight Research Consortium, a Zoner organization operating out of Tau-23. My organization disbanded following what I suspect is an attempted infiltration by a hostile third party. I've grown tired of being a Zoner in any form as they are cowards who roll over for one and all and refuse to push the boundaries of science beyond what is "socially acceptable".

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: I'm looking for a home that will not only celebrate my achievements in science as well as afford me an opportunity to seek vengeance on certain parties that are, conveniently, enemies of the Core. While I am a scientist by trade, I am capable in a combat environment when I need to be from my years as a Molly before attending university.

OoRP Form

Are you applying to join our Rookie Boost Initiative?: I don't think I apply considering I've been here for as long as some people have been alive.

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: 2006-2012 (forum account created in 2007), 2022-2023

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: I haven't but I've read the lore. Lawful Evil is how I interpret it. Discoveries by any means, research even if it means killing the test subject, etc.

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: As as prior Zoner player, I existed there quite a bit.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 8.5

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: Can I put a negative number here? I operate better in fighters, but I'm open to learning other classes and aspects. I'd say a 4/10.

Why do you want to join the The Core?: Seems like it would be a good fit for the direction my character is going.

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: Yes, I purchased a "Requiem" VHF. Named "Fringe".

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: Central US (-6 GMT)

What is your Discord ID (Could be sent over PM)?: (Sent via PM)

Have you been sanctioned/banned? If so, provide links.: No.

Have you read our information thread and are aware of diplomatic relations towards other factions: Yes.

Are you familiar with the Rules?: Yes.

Do you agree to follow the Rules? Any rule violations may/will have consequences.: Of course.

Do you agree to leave your prejudice behind and be excellent towards other players?: Of course.

[Image: discogabrielle.gif]

Incoming Video Feed
Source: APM Headquarters, Durban Station
Comm ID: APM Director Gabrielle Daniels
Encryption: APM Cyberlock Protocols V.3.
Core APM ID Confirmed, message decrypted.
Displaying Contents

To be honest, you had me at the list of your degrees. Your beef with our enemies and your willingness to exact revenge is great bonus.
ACCEPTED!

~Yours Truly, Gabrielle, Guildmaster of the CORE and STILL the hottest person who has ever set foot on Nauru.

Video Feed Lost
Terminating Connection

InRP Form

Pilot Name: Jacob Fryestone

Pilot Age: 41

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Bretonia Space, Planet Cambridge

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: The Core Paramilitary

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Bonty Hunter, Xeno Archeologyst's Guardian.

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): I am An old Bounty Hunter that is looking for a stable work as far from the colonies as possible. I worked at the guard during the Xeno Archeologists Expeditions back in early 800s on Pygar. As time passed I am looking back to Edge worlds and Your Organisations suits mine past career more than other parties.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: Money

OoRP Form

Are you applying to join our Rookie Boost Initiative?: No

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: For 7 to 8 years

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: I did

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: Pretty enough to know who is target on bounty board.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: pvp = rp

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: Cruisers, bombers

Why do you want to join the The Core?: 20% bonus on bounty board

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: Marlin

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: +3 UTC

What is your Discord ID (Could be sent over PM)?: you have it

Have you been sanctioned/banned? If so, provide links.: I do

Have you read our information thread and are aware of diplomatic relations towards other factions: I do

Are you familiar with the Rules?: I do

Do you agree to follow the Rules? Any rule violations may/will have consequences.: I do

Do you agree to leave your prejudice behind and be excellent towards other players?: I do?

InRP Form

Pilot Name: Mostafa Chamran

Pilot Age: 40

Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin: Liberty

Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?: The Core Paramilitary

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: I was an active member of the Force!, and due to their inactivity, I decided to join the official Core faction. During my time as a Force! member, I participated in numerous battles against enemies and assisted the official Core members in them.

Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better): As I mentioned in the previous paragraph, I have participated in numerous battles as a member of the Force! and have achieved many successes in them.

Why do you want to join The Core/APM?: According to my experiences and activities, I will try to improve the Core and its ever-increasing glory and destroy the enemies.

OoRP Form

Are you applying to join our Rookie Boost Initiative?: You can decide about this but as I told I played a lot of hours in all factions as official or indie member in Edge Worlds

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: 1.5 years

Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?: Sure

How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?: I played for all the factions as an official or indie member.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 6

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 9......all caps

Why do you want to join the The Core?: According to my experiences and activities, I will try to improve the Core and its ever-increasing glory and destroy the enemies.

Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?: yes....Force!WV-Mako.......Force!WV-BullHead........Force!WV-Thresher.

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: +3:30 UTC

What is your Discord ID (Could be sent over PM)?: MHS#0472 (already there)

Have you been sanctioned/banned? If so, provide links.: Along time ago when I was new player I helped a frined in other faction.......Link

Have you read our information thread and are aware of diplomatic relations towards other factions: Yes

Are you familiar with the Rules?: Yes

Do you agree to follow the Rules? Any rule violations may/will have consequences.: I do

Do you agree to leave your prejudice behind and be excellent towards other players?: Sure

[Image: discogabriellenew.gif]

Your application has been approved, Mostafa Chamran.
Welcome to the fold!

~Yours Truly, Gabrielle Daniels, Commander of the Core PMC and STILL the hottest person to have ever set foot on Nauru.
Pages: 1 2 3 4